Fuk Aaron Rodgers.......

Txslnghrns

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

The biggest shithead in all this is McAfee. This shows that he has no business even on a pissy network like ESPN. He needs to go back to YouTube or wherever he was.

I feel like such a barstool-level bottom feeder for saying this, but I’ve actually come around to McAfee on game day. His LANK interruption last Saturday and what followed was gold, and the Georgia/Bama song bit from the SEC championship weekend was pretty good too. Now I’m going to go take a shower. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

... Now I’m going to go take a shower. 

Sounds like an enema would be more appropriate.

Getting this back on track, we seem to be about here:

Fuck Aaron Rodgers.

Fuck Jimmy Kimmel.

Fuck Pat McAfee.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

Rabid Dipshit Regime Narrative? 

Sounds like a Henry Rollins/Zach De La Rocha compilation project. 

Could be a new strain of hemp gummy bites, or maybe an entree at that new restaurant.

18 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

If you’re a Texas fan on a Longhorn message board taking sides with Aaron Rodgers on anything, you probably need help. That doesn’t matter if the other side of the argument is Jimmy Kimmel or Bob Stoops or the Tiger King.

Tiger king is a noted Texas fan buddy. Relax. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

If you’re a Texas fan on a Longhorn message board taking sides with Aaron Rodgers on anything, you probably need help. That doesn’t matter if the other side of the argument is Jimmy Kimmel or Bob Stoops or the Tiger King.

Let's not go crazy here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

None of us started this... It's like all things Surly, the giant vortex sucks you in and you're powerless against it...

animation motion GIF by ELMØ

7 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

This reminds me of when my CompSci Operating Systems professor said, "any sufficiently complex program de facto becomes an operating system."

Any sufficiently retarded surly discussion de facto becomes a CR discussion.

That’s definitely what your ‘CompSci Operating Systems professor’ said.  

#TotallyLegit

17 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This is how fucking stupid and indecent we've gotten as a society. Arguably the biggest name in the country's most popular sport just baselessly accused someone of being a sexual predator on national TV out of nowhere because he's already a full blown nutter. And our collective response is, "Yeah, but the other guy tells political jokes about other people, so same same."

And as even further proof of how fucking stupid and indecent we've gotten, I just wholeheartedly agreed with an aggie.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This thread reminded me that "Throwin' Stones" by Ayatollah and the Regime Narratives is an underrated album. 

Dude, that record is so overrated.  It’s just a remix of their 2020 stuff.  It’s whinier than a Yoko Ono studio session.  And the production value is for shit. You pay $20 to get $1 worth of material.  

28 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I generally hate and avoid listening to these talking heads, but credit to Nick Wright. 

That's pretty spot on. Paraphrasing: "The sports world voice of the dumbest, most deranged, malignant people on the internet."

It's not about politics or vaccinations--there are other unvaccinated players in the league, and no one gives a shit anymore--it's about one of the league's most prominent, popular stars falling off the deep end and regurgitating every brain dead conspiracy he can find on the corners of the internet. As is his right, but it doesn't make him free from people laughing at him for his stupidity/gullibility, and it doesn't make him free from consequences when he crosses a line, as he did on this one. I'd have the exact same opinion if the roles were reversed and Kimmel made the same implication about him.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

He was a solid fantasy pick. Thats all I've got.

6 hours ago, 'stache said:

Dez caught it, fuk Rodgers.

4 hours ago, hookem48 said:

He beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl, I don't give a shit what he thinks or says but I did enjoy the fuck out of that.

Thank you for making football posts in a football thread in a football board. You are better than the rest of us.

• Like 2

Watching Rodgers' appearance yesterday on McAffee's show right now.  Man, he is a loon and just a ridiculous conspiracy nut job.  However, it is pretty comical watching McAfee's expressions as he lets Rodgers drone on.  He seems like the ultimate "mah freedumz!!!!" type.

Edited by mdleast
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

Aaron Rodgers, like some other public figures, is a constant reminder that it's fine if you need to believe in an alternate reality.  It's fine if you project onto someone your need for validation and a sense of belonging and power.  What just confuses some of us is why you decide that those "leadership" figures have to be the absolute dumbest fucking, beta-males around.  I get following Dean Martin or Tom Brady or Ronald Reagan, they were men of substance.  But so many of y'all just cower at the altar of these fucking simpletons.  Or I guess that's the trick, play stupid for the stupids?  

• Hook 'Em 2

I dont even think Rodgers believes this stuff. I just think he's a narcissistic attention whore that will do quite literally anything to be relevant. Everyone treated him a certain way because he could throw a football. He stopped being able to do that. Instead of gracefully exiting the spotlight and tending to his family or hobbies or moving in a new direction with his life, he pivots to just saying whatever he has to say and doing whatever he has to do to keep attention on himself. It's all he has, and it sucks to see. Truly.

As fot Mccaffe, obviously he does this little song and dance every week because ratings. I think that resorting to such gimmicks(interviewing an athlete that is old and not playing not for sports takes but for hot societal takes) speaks to a lack of talent on his end.

22 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I dont even think Rodgers believes this stuff. I just think he's a narcissistic attention whore that will do quite literally anything to be relevant. Everyone treated him a certain way because he could throw a football. He stopped being able to do that. Instead of gracefully exiting the spotlight and tending to his family or hobbies or moving in a new direction with his life, he pivots to just saying whatever he has to say and doing whatever he has to do to keep attention on himself. It's all he has, and it sucks to see. Truly.

As for Mccaffe, obviously he does this little song and dance every week because ratings. I think that resorting to such gimmicks(interviewing an athlete that is old and not playing not for sports takes but for hot societal takes) speaks to a lack of talent on his end.

I think he does believe it, I a few have friends who listen to Joe Rogan and those types, and they do the same thing when presenting their insane ideas. "I think it will be interesting when..."  or "We will never know the truth because [insert dark shadowy organization]..."  It's always speculative, so you can't really nail them on anything and they can retreat to a "Well you never know..." sort of position to defend their psyche from actually being wrong.  It's intellectually dishonest and cowardly, but that's the mind of anyone who largely buys into conspiracies.  

Agree on McAfee, he's just playing with fire so people will notice him. I think he knows what Rodgers brings to the conversation, and letting him wander off topic into something like Epstein is par for the course. Pat playing dumb like he has no idea what Rodgers is talking about, is just showing his selfishness and lack of concern for the slander being hosted on his platform. It's garbage shock jock content to get clicks, views, followers, etc, but I do wonder if this will result in litigation from Kimmel. He clearly has a case. 

Edited by Dutchrudder
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

As fot Mccaffe, obviously he does this little song and dance every week because ratings. I think that resorting to such gimmicks(interviewing an athlete that is old and not playing not for sports takes but for hot societal takes) speaks to a lack of talent on his end.

It's a head scratcher. He could've gone into real estate and given his fondness for conspiracy theories probably would've excelled. I mean Roger Staubach made some folding money that way. (From real estate not tin foil hatting.) Or co-own a car dealership (John Elway)and make his own commercials if it's eyeballs he wants. Out of work QBs don't have to sell low T supplements to make a living if they pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Haha 1

Rodgers on McAfee show today. Within Rodgers first few sentences he said “do your own research”. Complete conspiracy theorist qanon red flag alert. Changed channel immediately.

Disclaimer - wife and I work from home and put the espn morning shows on in the common area for background noise. McAfee’s show just happened to be on when I walked into the room.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It's a head scratcher. He could've gone into real estate and given his fondness for conspiracy theories probably would've excelled. I mean Roger Staubach made some folding money that way. (From real estate not tin foil hatting.) Or co-own a car dealership (John Elway)and make his own commercials if it's eyeballs he wants. Out of work QBs don't have to sell low T supplements to make a living if they pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

Proof Rodgers wears boots? And fotos of straps on his boots?

39 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The fun thing about people like Rodgers and his fans are they're too stupid to ever learn anything, so they will repeatedly embarrass themselves for the rest of their lives.

i mean, it's okay to be a "Dumb Jock" cliche.  The stereotype exists for a reason.  And he's obviously strong physically and can give and take a beating.  But he just reminds me of so many other weak men in terms of lack of moral or intellectual fiber.  And you look at them and nod in frustration, not because of who they are---there'll always be stupids and weaklings of no ethical foundation.  But because so many people you know look up to them as leaders and stewards.  But I guess that's the grift, you have to be a part of the stupids to lead the stupids.  You have to be corrupt to lead the corrupted.  You have to have Brett Favre so you have Aaron Rodgers.  As per usual, our prize mistake---a lack of imagination.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Instead of gracefully exiting the spotlight and tending to his family or hobbies or moving in a new direction with his life, he pivots to just saying whatever he has to say and doing whatever he has to do to keep attention on himself. 

He's single and has no children. Shocking. 

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Rodgers was always a whiny douche but he didn’t turn into an insufferable cunt until about ten years ago. Even when he was winning a Super Bowl I don’t remember him being in the media so much aside from the State Farm commercials. I remember the turning point was where he was asked if he was gay during a radio show and made it a point to say he really really likes women.
After this he started dating Olivia Munn, Danica Patrick, etc and started being with these women in the public eye. I think someone powerful has compromising shit on Aaron that he doesn’t want seen publicly. So he leans into the whole bro culture thing because it’s the best cover. He’s like a sports Lindsey Graham. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2