CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

I am shocked...shocked

Two companies in California filed a class-action lawsuit against JPMorgan Chase bank alleging unfair business practices toward some small businesses that applied for coronavirus-related loans under the government's Paycheck Protection Program.

In the suit filed on Sunday, a cybersecurity firm and event planning company accused Chase Bank of prioritizing small business borrowers who were seeking larger loan amounts rather than processing the government-sponsored loan applications on a first-come, first-served basis as advertised. 

The move meant that Chase and other banks would collect larger processing fees – nearly $6 billion in total – by frontloading the queue with businesses seeking higher loans, according to the lawsuit.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/04/20/small-businesses-sue-chase-bank-over-handling-stimulus/5163654002/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

That dumbfuck probably thinks all legal questions are answered by "looking it up."

i love when i have a case on my side tho.  particularly when it's from either the houston CoAs or dallas.  people don't seem to give a shit about eastland. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Book it. I’ll tell you the charity where your contribution should go to and you can send me a receipt. I’ll even let you take the tax deduction. And I’ll play the other side on predictit to make something on the swing. 

Cool beans. 

33 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Promise?

With trump gone I will have very little desire to post here. Just like before he came on the political scene en mas in 2015.

I might still post on a rare occasion once he’s gone. But not nearly enough to bother you. Just like before. 

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Many thoughts.  Many prayers:

93377096_10222659542546784_8658481114697

Marion County now has the highest number of coronavirus cases in Ohio because they started testing all the inmates and staff at the prisons. 1,950 of the roughly 2,500 inmates at Marion Correctional Facility tested positive along with 154 out of about 350 employees. The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections released a statement attributing the spike to mass testing:

"Because we are testing everyone - including those who are not showing symptoms - we are getting positive test results on individuals who otherwise would have never been tested because they were asymptomatic."

https://www.10tv.com/article/ohio-inmates-now-make-more-one-four-states-coronavirus-cases-2020-apr

https://www.10tv.com/article/prison-covid-19-cases-puts-marion-county-more-confirmed-cases-any-other-ohio-county-2020-apr

• Like 3

On 4/16/2020 at 12:47 PM, NWBuck said:

I'm going to go with just water... maybe gatorade.

Want to be able to have something that will move through me quickly for when I piss on his grave.

Perhaps a nice bottle of Brawndo?

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Raise your hand if you had 2020 as the year where we look to voters in Mississippi and the WWE for wisdom?

Fuck this timeline.

good idea yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I don't know why the exclamation point seems so hilarious in this instance.  

Like this was the ace up his sleeve he was smugly saving for the encore.

"Thanks guys...it's been a great night...and I don't know about y'all...but sometimes...when Church's is closing...and they're about to dump that stuff that that's been sitting underneath that sunlamp all day.....heh!...you know what I'm talkin' bout...you know...I feel...I don't know...I! just! feel!...

*raises one eyebrow*

FEEL LIKE A LITTLE FREEBIRD!!!!!

*CROWD SHITS THEIR PANTS!*

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I dunno, but FUCK Ruth's Chris.  I am ashamed at myself for ever having dined there when I lived in Austin. Shit.

I only ate at Ruth's Chris once. It was in Raleigh, NC in 2003. Everything was drowning in butter. The steak was nothing special and the whole experience was a huge letdown. Fuck 'em. 

• Like 1

That just speaks to the real issue: the conservative movement is dead.  Everything conservatives once professed to support--free trade, an internationalist foreign policy, balanced budgets, anti-corruption--have no place in the Trumpublican Party.
So there's really no point in discussing right-versus-left.  That's no longer the driving divergence in American politics.  
The Conservative movement has been dead for ages. All either side truly cares about is staying in power.

For it to reach 60K before Friday is roughly 4000 deaths a day, not likely. Crossing 60K by May 1 is more likely assuming about the same daily death toll continues until the peak which has been forecasted as the end of this month/beginning of next month. The big takeaway from this all is that Fauci wasn't exaggerating and being an alarmist when he gave the initial prediction of 80-100K dead because there will be COVID-19 deaths through the winter and into 2021.
Except for your biggest input into deaths (NY C and State) seem to be on the downswing. Thank goodness.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

This could go in so many threads.

What could go wrong?

Pastor Spell said on Monday night that he had done nothing wrong. He added that he had retained the former judge Roy S. Moore, who lost his bid for the U.S. Senate in Alabama in 2017, as one of his lawyers.

3 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Some man of God he is. Glad the media is revealing these "Christian leaders" as frauds. Too bad Jared Yates Sexton won't be able to include this guy in his upcoming book.

The only people who see that already knew.  The lemmings will continue to worship this perverted form of Christianity and make it worse.  The bottom is violence.  A shit-ton of it. 

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Bet he’s pro-life though.

First they said 1 million

Then it was 100,000

Now it’s 60,000?

Well, I guess we disapproved the so called experts making Dr. Fauci and everyone who believed him look like a ... Bitch!

1*jcYFmTi6qiWUSQzhCRBjIg.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Watching the mayor of Albany, Ga being interviewed on CNN and he's worried as shit. They're a Covid-19 hotspot and are trying to get excluded from Kemp's "Open for business" order.

Edited by RPM