CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

My heart absolutely agrees with this.  My head thinks that a highly publicized death of a vaccinated person would be a fucking nightmare for the country.

worst case scenario is all those people not getting vaccinated wouldn't get vaccinated, but abbott, who is polling abnormally high, isn't there for the next election.

I'm fine with that.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

You have to think that Abbott's cardio-vascular system is not real strong.  

In other news, a Chicago Pharmacist has been busted for selling Authentic Vaccine Cards for 10 bucks each. 

https://news.yahoo.com/pharmacist-arrested-allegedly-selling-hundreds-192054047.html

He'll be fine; he's got access to care and received it early. Most vaccinated asymptomatic folks who show up at the hospital (positive test result) would be sent home I bet. Our trauma region has no ICU beds available and few staffed regular beds so the governor is a fortunate man.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He'll be fine; he's got access to care and received it early. Most vaccinated asymptomatic folks who show up at the hospital (positive test result) would be sent home I bet. Our trauma region has no ICU beds available and few staffed regular beds so the governor is a fortunate man.

He's not "fortunate."  He is a member of The Party.  And The Party Elites, in any plutocratic kakistocracy, get the best of everything.  Growing up when the Soviet Union existed shoulda taught you that.

So needless. All because they've been fed a steady diet of bullshit. I got rid of Facebook this summer and it's one of the best decisions I ever made. If you want to point at one of the biggest causes of why we are still in this mess, it is social media sites like Facebook that allow this constant reinforcement loop to whatever misguided or crazy theory you choose to believe. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

In this case, the "risks of the shots outweighed the benefits." Since he's dead, I am wondering if she meant his life insurance policy had good benefits?

Hmmm...  Do some life insurance policies have provisions requiring vaccinations?  I realize it may still be too early for policies to have that for COVID, but are we likely to see life insurance companies refuse to cover the unvaccinated?  Or if they still provide coverage doing so with a hefty premium?  A FAFO rider, if you will?

24 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So needless. All because they've been fed a steady diet of bullshit. I got rid of Facebook this summer and it's one of the best decisions I ever made. If you want to point at one of the biggest causes of why we are still in this mess, it is social media sites like Facebook that allow this constant reinforcement loop to whatever misguided or crazy theory you choose to believe. 

I completely agree.  That coupled with the fact that until recently, social media has not taken responsibilty for absolutely false info posted on there.  They still are not good at it.  

I still have mine, but I am quick to report bullshit.  

• Hook 'Em 1

A teacher’s face mask worn to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 was ripped off by a parent days before the first day of school in Texas, according to a school official. 

A statement, titled “Creating An Oasis For Our Students,” provided insights into the return to school at Eanes Independent School District in Austin as well as details on unfortunate situations like the face mask incident. Eanes ISD is a K-12 school district. 

“The last few days leading to the start of school have been a whirlwind of information and action from governors, attorney generals, judges, mayors, superintendents and even principals,” said Tom Leonard, superintendent of schools. “While many may not agree on the particulars (i.e., masks or no masks), we all want students to be safe and we all should treat each other respectfully.”

• Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

A teacher’s face mask worn to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 was ripped off by a parent days before the first day of school in Texas, according to a school official. 

A statement, titled “Creating An Oasis For Our Students,” provided insights into the return to school at Eanes Independent School District in Austin as well as details on unfortunate situations like the face mask incident. Eanes ISD is a K-12 school district. 

“The last few days leading to the start of school have been a whirlwind of information and action from governors, attorney generals, judges, mayors, superintendents and even principals,” said Tom Leonard, superintendent of schools. “While many may not agree on the particulars (i.e., masks or no masks), we all want students to be safe and we all should treat each other respectfully.”

Sounds like she should have stood her ground and shot that person for attacking her. That's what antimaskers want, right? Guns in school?

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I got rid of it a few weeks ago. I only looked at it once every few weeks and still feel better.

16 minutes ago, SEC said:

Sounds like she should have stood her ground and shot that person for attacking her. That's what antimaskers want, right? Guns in school?

All while screaming, “I’m fearing for my life”, as she unloaded her gun. That’s the Texas way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Arch conservative, vaccine critic and priestly vestments glamour pus, is on a ventilator:

Now I lay me down to sleep

I pray the Lord, my blood will keep

Unvaccinated, clean and pure

No mask upon my face, good sir. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

While hyperbole, it’s actually correct. Generally speaking, you can use deadly force against someone trying to cause you serious bodily injury.

I hope she sues the shit out of that asshole, and that she presses criminal charges.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

In other news, a Chicago Pharmacist has been busted for selling Authentic Vaccine Cards for 10 bucks each. 

https://news.yahoo.com/pharmacist-arrested-allegedly-selling-hundreds-192054047.html

Volume! Volume! Volume!

The piece on CBS News was, as expected, pretty superficial. But they mentioned the arrests of both a doctor and a bartender for selling fake vaccination cards. They also said they sell for as much as $1,500 each. I’m sure that’s an extreme and the average price is much lower. But $10? Is he just photocopying them on a Xerox?

They also said it’s easy to find the sellers because they’re acting out in the open. The problem is the buyers who are harder to trace and using them to do things like return to campus where they’re putting everyone else at risk. 

20 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I guess I’ll be back to working 70 hour weeks for a few months.

Sigh. I’m so exhausted and angry now as my baseline.

But happy to see the administration go public with this recommendation. Even if it will spawn more conspiracy nonsense.

My wife is 7 months removed from her 2nd dose, just got her 3rd dose of pfizer yesterday. 

for those curious, the symptoms are similar and on par with the second dose. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

SIAP

Teacher in Eanes ISD has mask ripped off her face by parent. Also, another teacher verbally abused because parents couldn’t hear her through a face covering.

https://www.kxan.com/news/education/eanes-isd-teacher-has-face-mask-ripped-off-by-parent-while-others-yell-at-her-school-reports/?ipid=related-recirc&fbclid=IwAR2i1USpxiIoldw8hy6ccb14jAKjEwlJs3_wHIy6K3NbmeXiT94vqbdRv5w

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

What an idiot. 

Oh cruel fate! Her husband would still be alive today if only someone, anyone had given him the preventative “medicines” his *checks notes* wife was apparently popping like M&Ms the whole time.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This violates the Canecutter Law of Stealing*: never do anything illegal if the reward is less than a full year's salary. Ten Fucking Bucks to get a criminal record.

*It's actually not my law. I just stole it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1