Time to Oust Cornyn

pyrohornIII

7 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

He's all hat and no cattle.  Always has been.  Reminds me so much of that picture of him on a horse in a parade.  That Buckaroo Cowboy fringy thing he wears along with his white hat.   

The idea that this is what Texans think of when they think brisket is about as far off as what he thinks they think a texan looks like in their eyes, drugstore cowboy.

Damn wish I could find that pic again.

image.png.e3f546599bab325b501cc80da6564b00.png

gene wilder morons GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Meh, "Jewish" brisket, aka roast beef, or sometimes corned beef, is fine as far as it goes.  It's actually a fairly superior form of roast beef for a "Sunday dinner."
But trying to relate it to "Texas brisket" in any way is a terrible fail.

And this. I’ve had Jewish braised brisket (braised in onions, coke, and other stuff), and it is great. But it’s not Texas brisket, and the bbq sauce tells us that’s what he was going for. He’s a fake piece of shit, serving a fake piece of shit. He showed us what he is. We should believe him.

is that a triple down? I don't think anyone would have asked for that recipe so it has to be a triple down (original post, wife, under the bus, and then the recipe)

He's going to need another shovel to keep digging that hole.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

So this for new year's, john?  I mean, it's probably not even whataburger spicy ketchup, amirite?

CqVMacFVYAAi-ky.jpg

That looks terrible.

Only way to salvage it is to cut it in slices, refrigerate for 24 hours, and then cook again for 1.5 hours.

• Like 2

On 12/25/2020 at 10:38 AM, pyrohornIII said:

He's all hat and no cattle.  Always has been.  Reminds me so much of that picture of him on a horse in a parade.  That Buckaroo Cowboy fringy thing he wears along with his white hat.   

The idea that this is what Texans think of when they think brisket is about as far off as what he thinks they think a texan looks like in their eyes, drugstore cowboy.

Damn wish I could find that pic again.

Not from Texas, and even I know what the Texas standard is for *brisket. That being said, did he give his aides the week off and handle his account on his own, because that right thar is a pretty good example of how not to Senator senator.  29 million constituents, some of whom don't have enough to eat and getting into a social media spat over a big slab of meat instead of thanking them for electing his sorry ass to stay in office is the epitome of politics today. Try asking your social media followers to tweet what they were thankful for or how they spend holiday times, John, so you can get to know them. Their answers may educate you, if you actually gave a damn.

*I've had brisket cooked lots of different ways, some good and some not so good. I respect the various ways and the subjective nature of food opinions. I'm thankful that my family has food and a place to prepare it, and in the time of NOT COVID, that we have been able to open our home to share it with others.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

On 12/26/2020 at 9:32 AM, Hornius Emeritus said:

So, believe it or not, more than a couple of readers have sent me messages/emails suggesting that I run for Cornyn's seat in six years. It's a crazy idea.  But when I get such messages in the future, I'm just going to respond with photos of a fabulous brisket that I smoked and just ask "how hard could it be?"

Holy fuck! Need a campaign manager? How cool would it be if one of our own was a senator?  I'd vote for you.   Hey, if Fitlump can get her start on Surly by showing her boobs, anything is possible.  I take it you'd run as a Democrat?

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

If any Surly poster runs for Senate it should be GoLL, but he should run as PedoBear and never take the costume off.

I'd vote for him, too.  Although explaining why I would vote for "Ghost of Longhorn Lawyer"  or "Hornius"  might take some doing when it comes to my girlfriend.  Eh, fuck her. 

21 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

If any Surly poster runs for Senate it should be GoLL, but he should run as PedoBear and never take the costume off.

Thank you.  I appreciate your confidence.  

But I will not run for, nor will I accept, the nomination of my surly party for the Senate of the United States.

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Thank you.  I appreciate your confidence.  

But I will not run for, nor will I accept, the nomination of my surly party for the Senate of the United States.

The Surly Party is actually a great idea.  We could just go up there an air our grievances like Frank Costanza.  Except actual grievances, not the made up ones that the GOP currently espouses.

• Hook 'Em 3