2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

3 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Now I am hungry and it just so happens a Canadian Poutine restaurant opened in Dallas near me.  I think I will go get a short rib topped poutine for lunch and then go into a food coma for the rest of the afternoon to take my mind off of the election.

This one?

http://www.mldiner.com/

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

That's just it, it's all the way to the ground.  We literally burned the thing flat down to the seas and swamps.  I lived 'on the hill' in DeLand, FL for two years.  It was 30' altitude.  I thought people were fucking with me, but it was "on the hill."  It's so fucking bizarre because unlike other shitty places where most people are stuck there for economic reasons, people keep flocking to Florida for some weird fucking reason that nobody has ever stopped to study.

Best analogy I ever heard was from my academic advisor there, who said something like "Remember in Ghostbusters II, where all the negative energy and nastiness of New York manifested itself in that pink slime under the city that they had to do battle with?  Florida is what happens if that pink slime was allowed to fester and form a landmass."  

So back in the olden days I worked tech support.  I hated calls from 2 states.  New York and Florida.  Mainly because New Yorkers were computer illiterate blowhards, and every Florida caller seemed to have a New York accent, so they were just as blowhardy and just as illiterate, but they were also retired and had more time on their hands to ruin my call stats.  Fuckers.

Although, dumbest call I ever had was a guy in Plano, claimed to be a lawyer, claimed to have graduated UT Law.  Did not understand the concept of a semicolon.  Like it wasn't a thing he'd ever heard of.  I finally had him put on his teenage son to solve his problem for him.  

Just now, Voldemort86 said:

I know lots of attention has been paid to Pennsylvania today and rightfully so, but doesn’t Biden have a decent shot at Georgia, North Carolina and Arizona?

i thought he was at worst tied in those places.

He’s fucked in Arizona the way Nevada is going. NC is his best (only?) realistic shot out of those three.

Would really appreciate some insight into how to interpret NPAs in Florida. With NPAs making up 1/4 to 1/3 of the vote, it basically seems like people don't know shit about shit. My gut would tell me that left-leaning NPAs are more motivated to vote in this election, but I've learned that my gut is an idiot and not to trust it.

1 minute ago, Stringer said:

I wasn't as locked in 4 years ago.  At what point in the day did the storm clouds start forming?

They had been forming for quite awhile. The worst didn’t happen till about 9p when it became apparent there weren’t enough votes left in key places.

4 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

So what the fuck is going on in FL, can't make sense of it. My conservative buddies are convinced Trump has already won it based on the numbers so far, and then others on the interwebs are saying otherwise. 

i think i've pinpointed the disconnect here.

1 minute ago, Voldemort86 said:

I know lots of attention has been paid to Pennsylvania today and rightfully so, but doesn’t Biden have a decent shot at Georgia, North Carolina and Arizona?

i thought he was at worst tied in those places.

NC is my under the radar pick for sealing the deal for Biden

1 minute ago, G650 said:

Well I'm into the brown liquor my friends, so I expect my cognitive ability to decline fairly rapidly from here on out. Good luck everyone

I promised myself no Bourbon until 8pm EST when the Florida results starting coming out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't get into politics much, can someone explain why is PA such a fucking shit show? Seems like there's gonna be a lot of controversy surrounding that particular state. 

intentionally.  it has always been identified as the most likely tipping point, so everyone is trying to mess up everything they can there.

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't get into politics much, can someone explain why is PA such a fucking shit show? Seems like there's gonna be a lot of controversy surrounding that particular state. 

It’s the state that will decide the election, so it is under more scrutiny than any state in any election since FL in 2000.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

it's not a nightmare scenario.  it was discussed here over a year ago.

the gop and dems have different rules about it.  it doesn't automatically go to kamala, depending on the timing.  the dnc is involved as well.

let's burn that bridge when we get to it.

edit to add - obviously it's a horrific situation, but not a "nightmare" as far as who's the next president.  didn't want to seem like an asshole.

So Hillary CAN be President after all. 

It might be worth it for her to be sworn in then resign the next day just to see that shitty thread explode in anger.

• Hook 'Em 2

Not much experience with mail-in votes.

By law, they cannot begin counting mail in votes until polls close.

Finally - got damm yankees.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He’s fucked in Arizona the way Nevada is going. NC is his best (only?) realistic shot out of those three.

I thought Nevada was going according to plan.

2 minutes ago, Texaspython said:

They had been forming for quite awhile. The worst didn’t happen till about 9p when it became apparent there weren’t enough votes left in key places.

That sounds about right. We'd gone down to Main St Tavern in Dallas to listen to a band we were thinking about hiring for my wedding. I hadn't voted and we had a hard-core Democrat friend with us and that's about when she started to come unhinged. Sadly, I thought it was humorous at the time. Little did I know ...

Fuck it.  I'm done for the day.  Appellate brief is filed, and any work that doesn't need to get done today will get done tomorrow.

Heading over to my lady's house for dinner, strong drinks, election news watching, Surly posting, and if all goes well, celebratory sex.  If Biden wins, I win.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Pittsburg on one end, Philadelphia on the other, and Alabama in between (Credit to James Carville). If the cities aren't motivated, they can get beat by the rurals.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

I thought Nevada was going according to plan.

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

Wait, why is that? Haven't seen any doom posts for the Western states yet, he was still polling very solidly in those last I heard?

guys, do not listen to helo.  he knows nothing.

both are trending right where they need to be.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, G650 said:

NV latest

Glad that the NV supreme court is all democrat and will happily tell them to get fucked. They've known this election was coming for 4 years now...pretending you weren't ready to look at signatures just means youre incompetent. FUCK OFF. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UncleCharlie said:

Don't diminish Rush Limbaugh's role in this shit fuckery.

I was out earlier today and turned on AM radio. I never do that but it's a crazy day so punched the button. Rush was on. This man whines so much it's really sad. He sounds as much as if he's trying to convince himself as he is his listeners. I've always known who he is, but today was a first to listen more than just a couple of minutes. I found out that I, Mrs. Whiggins, am an unAmerican traitor because I did not cast a vote for Trump and that everyone who supports Trump should be very angry because the Democratic Party and liberals have been trying to remove Trump from office since day one. I think it was a 'they stole your vote' by doing this argument, but it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. But he continues on in this victim outrage mode for a long time until I reached my destination. It isn't healthy, this type of rage.

11 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You normally need a valid reason for an absentee ballot. 2016 there were about 225,000 cast statewide. Because of covid, this year you could just request one online. Took 3 minutes. There were over 3 million ballot requests.

when it became clear that the option was being overwhelmingly utilized by Dems and that the counties had no way to count them the day of the election(took a week for the June primary count), it became a political battle. The Dems wanted the ballots to be processed earlier, the GOP wanted to minimize the amount of time that they could collect ballots. 

so you have dem controlled counties ready to start processing as soon as they can and gop controlled counties waiting until tomorrow to even start so Trumps lead looks as large as possible on Election Day. 

Edited by heso
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Fuck it.  I'm done for the day.  Appellate brief is filed, and any work that doesn't need to get done today will get done tomorrow.

Heading over to my lady's house for dinner, strong drinks, election news watching, Surly posting, and if all goes well, celebratory sex.  If Biden wins, I win.

Rage sex is fun too.  Got me through lots of OU weekends.

• Hook 'Em 1