2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

How long for a campaign email asking for donations because the big bad democrats are asking for way more money than four years ago when they lost?

Guarantee there won't be a mention of the costs being increased due to COVID.

FML I should've just written copy for the Trump campaign the last four years and made enough to retire.

33 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Occam's razor in reverse. Biden wins in a state completely under the control of the GOP.  Rather than concede the obvious - that Biden got more votes - the conclusion is that the Dems cheated and all the Republican officials just let it happen. 

Or they are Deep State Republicans.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Watching the 60 minutes with Obama on DVR. I'm fine with Biden because he was the right candidate to oust the abortion that is Trump's administration. But man, do I miss having a competent, quick-witted and confidence-inspiring professional in the White House. We have got to stop putting up bluehairs as choices.

A best case scenario would probably be Harris vs. Kasich or Romney. Those are decent choices where an R win wouldn't horrify me. But we're probably going to end up with Biden vs. Trump 2 or Biden vs. Pence. That's awful. Awful.

The sad part is the leeches like Pelosi and Feinstein and Schumer will be retiring and leaving behind a mess of a party with a poor bench because they constantly had to shit on their own young up and comers for rocking the boat. And of course in true baby boomer dickhead fashion they'll complain about the party youngsters struggling to rebuild an organization that their old asses left in a pile of steaming turds.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Saw this on Texags, and it fully encapsulates the disconnect that the Trumpsters have with reality:

"This whole mess is especially bothersome in a state like Georgia with a Republican governor, Republican secretary of state, and Republican legislature. Couldn't they have anticipated some of these election shenanigans and taken steps to head them off?"

Occam's razor in reverse. Biden wins in a state completely under the control of the GOP.  Rather than concede the obvious - that Biden got more votes - the conclusion is that the Dems cheated and all the Republican officials just let it happen. 

Dude!

As a Republican I am sure you have no idea of how treason works. Be assured as a former one i will let you in. 
I know these are your buds but Jesus the disconnect is real. 

“Always screw stuff up so bad everyone will think there is no way a conspiracy could be so dumb.”  Free and clear. It’s science man. 

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Watching the 60 minutes with Obama on DVR. I'm fine with Biden because he was the right candidate to oust the abortion that is Trump's administration. But man, do I miss having a competent, quick-witted and confidence-inspiring professional in the White House. We have got to stop putting up bluehairs as choices.

A best case scenario would probably be Harris vs. Kasich or Romney. Those are decent choices where an R win wouldn't horrify me. But we're probably going to end up with Biden vs. Trump 2 or Biden vs. Pence. That's awful. Awful.

The sad part is the leeches like Pelosi and Feinstein and Schumer will be retiring and leaving behind a mess of a party with a poor bench because they constantly had to shit on their own young up and comers for rocking the boat.

Obama on 60 minutes was both nice and infuriating. This high road bullshit is just not working for anyone in the democratic party yet they stick to it. It was good to be reminded how grounded a normal president is though. 

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Obama on 60 minutes was both nice and infuriating. This high road bullshit is just not working for anyone in the democratic party yet they stick to it. It was good to be reminded how grounded a normal president is though. 

Look, whether it is it is the worst, cancer causing pesticides or DT I will gladly take the pesticides with my breakfast and deal with the cancer later. 

13 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Audit caught the mistake. This error did not count any presidential votes - for Trump or Biden. Corrected. The audit is almost complete. The count is solid. 

Time to end the charade. 

wait what? They actually found ballots and their respective counts, but they forgot to upload them?

54 minutes ago, immamac said:

Obama is a steady voice. for most. He's no Che Gavara. He kept the gears turning. Obama = Conservative Democrat (or what we say today - centrist or neoliberal). Quelling the populace. It is the right thing to do at this moment in history. 

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

wait what? They actually found ballots and their respective counts, but they forgot to upload them?

Ballots were not uploaded. Discrepancy surfaced in audit. Bing, Bang, Boom.  Gotta love big data. We will have a solid count. The technology is there. States have done mail in ballots for a while, including Colorado. Easier to vote = better voter representation. And the counts are solid. 

Who gets to vote is a question for lawyers and those cases are winding down. 

Edited by washparkhorn

What’s the big deal?   Trump doing his trademark “I just won Olympic gold in 1968 Mexico City/Turn it Up...This My Jam” hand sign near Atlanta.  Totally normal 

Edited by Lobo

4 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

They should and that would be great. I've already donated to help them pull it off. 

What makes me depressed is not a single Republican in Georgia will see this story and feel that way. 

Counterpoint:  Those Republicans who are tired of the election, tired of the shit, tired of the Four Seasons fuckups, tired of Giuliani, who were not big Trumpers, but not fans of Hillary, this is not going to get them out and motivate them to vote in January.

Hearing about  a Republican Senator trying to get a Republican SOS to toss out legal ballots is not going to make them enthusiastic about voting.

Hell, Trump could not get enough of them out to help him keep Georgia a few weeks ago.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Audit caught the mistake. This error did not count any presidential votes - for Trump or Biden. Corrected. The audit is almost complete. The count is solid. 

Time to end the charade. 

I actually have a little faith in the Republican SOS in this matter.  Putting aside everything that happened before now, he knows if the Republicans fuck around and find out by playing with ballots, that Georgia could be sending two Democrats to the Senate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BradInATX said:

We have got to stop putting up bluehairs as choices.

A best case scenario would probably be Harris vs. Kasich or Romney.

The Republican Party is dead. Kasich will be 72 and Romney 77 in ‘24. Anyone currently 55 or under who is still in the Republican Party has the permanent stain of Trump's orange taint on their mouth. I think you will see a flood of reasonable Republicans look for a new home in the Democratic Party rather than try to make chicken salad or start a third party.

If moderate dem and independent voters embrace them it would shift a big chunk of the country back towards the middle on the whole. This would obviously piss off the progressives in the democratic party but hey it’s supposed to be a big tent right?

14 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

The Republican Party is dead. Kasich will be 72 and Romney 77 in ‘24. Anyone currently 55 or under who is still in the Republican Party has the permanent stain of Trump's orange taint on their mouth. I think you will see a flood of reasonable Republicans look for a new home in the Democratic Party rather than try to make chicken salad or start a third party.

If moderate dem and independent voters embrace them it would shift a big chunk of the country back towards the middle on the whole. This would obviously piss off the progressives in the democratic party but hey it’s supposed to be a big tent right?

There'll be new ways to cheat the public by then.  Always is, they're great at inventing new ones.  Biden will let Trump off the hook because it's what they do and lessons won't be learned and Republicans'll continue to run a train on Dems. Dems find new ways to divide all the time.  Next time there may not be a Covid crises to deliver Dems the votes they need and they'll fall further behind.  It took a major disaster and a lot of deaths to get Democrats to vote and they still barely won in multiple states, while losing Congressional seats.  I don't expect things will go well if Biden can't get policy passed but he's having difficulty in transition and will experience more choosing a cabinet. Furthermore, they're not controlling any messages.  We'll see.      

45 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Fuck that. Id love to have at least 4 parties. But we have 2. You are a Republican. Get your ass back there and fix it. No quarter is actually in the constitution. Put out the fire in your house, soldier. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

Fuck that. Id love to have at least 4 parties. But we have 2. You are a Republican. Get your ass back there and fix it. No quarter is actually in the constitution. Put out the fire in your house, soldier. 

I am not and have never been a republican

13 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I am not and have never been a republican

IIRC, you are a libertarian who used to generally vote republican pre-Trump, and someone who votes like that is a Republican even if they claim otherwise. Could be wrong though.  If so, my bad, and consider that the royal "you." 

But if you are actually a libertarian, then you need to go take over the GOP.  In our 2 party system, both parties get an extraordinary amount of votes from just the party name no matter what the platform is. The Dems can't be that big of a tent for that reason. The GOP is a right side tent. If you are right side, you need to be in it and fight against extremism in it.  As you pointed out, progressives are pissed off because they can't even take over the big tent party.  But progressives want nice things. They arent extremists. They are black lives matter,, not black lives only.  On the other side, actual right wing extremists and white supremacists just held almost total power for 4 years.  As a progressive myself, give me the libertarian GOPers any day. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

IIRC, you are a libertarian who used to generally vote republican pre-Trump, and someone who votes like that is a Republican even if they claim otherwise. Could be wrong though.  If so, my bad, and consider that the royal "you." 

But if you are actually a libertarian, then you need to go take over the GOP.  In our 2 party system, both parties get an extraordinary amount of votes from just the party name no matter what the platform is. The Dems can't be that big of a tent for that reason. The GOP is a right side tent. If you are right side, you need to be in it and fight against extremism in it.  As you pointed out, progressives are pissed off because they can't even take over the big tent party.  But progressives want nice things. They arent extremists. They are black lives matter,, not black lives only.  On the other side, actual right wing extremists and white supremacists just held almost total power for 4 years.  As a progressive myself, give me the libertarian GOPers any day. 

You have me confused with someone else. In national elections I was eligible to vote in I voted bush 41, Clinton, none, W, none, Obama, none (there’s a pattern of disillusionment w incumbents and republican challengers being shit), Johnson (for real tho) and Biden. When I was younger I would vote more down ballot republican, but since 2008 more dem. 2020 was a straight dem and I honestly can’t see voting for another republican in my lifetime.  Some of that is me moving a bit left as I get older but mostly the republicans just lost their damn minds. 

I agree progressives want nice things. I do too. But I also don’t want to go broke as a nation trying to provide these nice things. My hope is that if moderates can somehow get control of things that not going broke will start to matter again. But if they can’t get control I’d rather go broke paying for things that directly benefit people rather than keeping corporations on the dole. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Nah. Let the GOP become a fringe 3rd party where the far right goes to fuck themselves. The sane Republicans can become Democrats or independent and the 2nd party can be progressive so that meaningful discourse could have a chance of taking place. 

2 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Nah. Let the GOP become a fringe 3rd party where the far right goes to fuck themselves. The sane Republicans can become Democrats or independent and the 2nd party can be progressive so that meaningful discourse could have a chance of taking place. 

That isn't gonna happen though. The GOP, as is, can almost never lose the Senate for another 2 decades. And they may win the presidency again in 2024. At the same time, they may never win the popular vote again.  But their voters are loyal to the party, not the platform. Socially liberal libertarians can easily win some GOP seats if they run as GOP candidates. Really, actual communists could even win GOP seats if they dont use the word and are white men.  

8 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

No, he would be pardoning himself to protect himself (and others) from those lawless Democratic fucks.  It's a subtle difference, but one the MAGA folks would seize upon to justify him doing it

It’s basically like protesting your property taxes. Even if you know you’re not going to get anything out of it in any particular year, you’re doing it to set a precedent and for future owners of the property. 

Trump would basically be saving democracy, it’s easy to see. 

14 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Hey @landman we've found another example of someone in one State trying to influence decisions of another State. Weird, it's a Republican again.

Yep.  It's a shame.  Saw a story about folks from California that want to move to Georgia in order to vote in the run-off election.  I'm sure they are Republican's as well.

Graham should resign. 

Just now, landman said:

Yep.  It's a shame.  Saw a story about folks from California that want to move to Georgia in order to vote in the run-off election.  I'm sure they are Republican's as well.

Graham should resign. 

I’m sure you read it on Parler 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

It's going to be Elise Stefanik. 

34 minutes ago, landman said:

Graham should resign. 

What you should be taking away from this and the last two decades plus of the GOP is that almost everything they say during campaigns to get votes is a lie.

Fiscal responsibility! Bullshit
We will end abortion! Bullshit
States' rights! Bullshit
Rule of law! Bullshit

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Next person to voice an opinion like this is going to be viciously slandered. I mean it. I'll say some real mean shit about your mom.

They're not dead. Conservatism as a political force doesn't die anywhere, ever (well, maybe with the exception of early USSR). It's certainly not going to be killed by Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi.

Right now they're laying the groundwork for a "stab in the back" conspiracy. If we think they're dead and ignore the threat they pose, they'll take the house in 2022 on the back of their refreshed gerrymanders and economic sabotage. They'll have new young-gun "stars" that the media can't help but fawn over, but this time instead of Paul Ryan and Eric Cantor it'll be an actual nazi and a QAnon freak. And then the real awful times will begin.

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, landman said:

Graham should resign. 

Don't use an apostrophe to make a plural noun.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The Epoch Times is frequently used as a conservative source.  They were pushing that BLM is communists, likely because they wanted to make sure "communists" continue to be the boogey man.  

47 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Next person to voice an opinion like this is going to be viciously slandered. I mean it. I'll say some real mean shit about your mom.

They're not dead. Conservatism as a political force doesn't die anywhere, ever (well, maybe with the exception of early USSR). It's certainly not going to be killed by Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi.

Right now they're laying the groundwork for a "stab in the back" conspiracy. If we think they're dead and ignore the threat they pose, they'll take the house in 2022 on the back of their refreshed gerrymanders and economic sabotage. They'll have new young-gun "stars" that the media can't help but fawn over, but this time instead of Paul Ryan and Eric Cantor it'll be an actual nazi and a QAnon freak. And then the real awful times will begin.

I used the "stab in the back" conspiracy analogy a week ago-- we might be thinking more alike then you think! For those unfamiliar, it was thought to be how Hitler was able to gather tailwind and groundswell from the bottom up and how it applies here is that by allowing your loss to look like a non-loss, you can regather your strength and fight back for a round 2. It's exactly why you just execute your enemy when you have the chance, rather than have a WWII or what happened with Reconstruction and Jim Crow (arguably even what we see today): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stab-in-the-back_myth

And I agree with your premise: Conservatism as a political force doesn't die because it's like a zone defense. The zone is the zone is the zone. It's a finite destination, place on the field. It's not like a man to man defense that is fluid and positions on the field change as you chase the man around it.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

1 hour ago, landman said:

Saw a story about folks from California that want to move to Georgia in order to vote in the run-off election.  I'm sure they are Republican's as well.

I want to sex Kate Upton and have a billion dollars.  Did you read a story about that, too?

49 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

They got the second most votes for president in US history (behind Biden this year fortunately). They gained in the House and are likely to keep the Senate. The same old shit works, even with a garbage can of a human being at the top of the ticket. They will continue to win elections. My only hope is that they have a drop off when their presidential candidate is a regular republican asshole politician as opposed to a celebrity tv demagogue.