2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Beyond Trump, there is a growing fascist movement in the United States with actual political power now.  Biden doesn’t seem to understand this and that’s what concerns me. 

I predicted this. We are still going to die, we are just stopping the bleeding so our loved ones can see us before we bleed out super fast. 

17 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Obama is a steady voice. for most. He's no Che Gavara. He kept the gears turning. Obama = Conservative Democrat (or what we say today - centrist or neoliberal). Quelling the populace. It is the right thing to do at this moment in history. 

He's quelling the guys already in his camp.  The ones that need quelling are not listening to him and need to be called out as traitors.

16 hours ago, Tom said:

In some areas, yes.  But Obama was more progressive than his record.  His mistake was  always believing he could compromise with a GOP always operating in bad faith.  He mistakenly thought he would have more success trying to include the right.  I think he felt two steps forward is better than no steps at all, when the GOP always intended to push him on his back from the start.

He should have done what the GOP dishonestly accused him of and actually rammed the original ACA down our throats, but he didn't.  He included the GOP and it was watered down.

There are plenty of valid criticisms against him, like his foreign policy in Syria and Libya, drone strikes and others.  But I think in his heart he was more progressive than his record was, and his legacy's biggest mistake was compromise in an era where it couldn't be found.  

Pelosi did ram it down our throats.  I think it needed to be passed but the bullshit "deemed as passed" thing that happened after the Senate made changes was ramming it down our throats.

The ACA should have been declared unconstitutional because the version that went into law was not passed by both houses of Congress.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Man, you will be shocked to learn about what Trump supported 20 years ago. Once people take a position on things, their policies never ever change. 

My pro-life single issue voter friends ignore that Trump brought up the possibility of abortion when his girlfriend, Marla Maples, was pregnant.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

As a new father I once asked my infant, "What are you getting out of this? What is it you hope to accomplish with this?" as he screamed deep into the night.

Ah yes, those completely futile but still therapeutic questions we ask our infant children when we're running on 3 hours of sleep.  Good times.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Ah yes, those completely futile but still therapeutic questions we ask our infant children when we're running on 3 hours of sleep.  Good times.

Haha, been there. My wife always tells me that our daughter is the only one in the house whose brain is still developing but it still felt helpful for me to plead with an infant to “be reasonable”

Edited by UncleSonny
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

What was the answer? 

“Same team, Dad, same team!” As his dad mercilessly beat him over the head with long winded rhetorical questions designed to expose his own hypocrisies....

or maybe *fart noise*, one or the other for sure. 

• Like 1

Republicans are big mad that they didn't suppress enough votes, like legit shocked that voter turnout was enough to curb their suppression efforts. Black voters in Milwaukee, Atlanta, Detroit, Philly were the death knell for Trump in those states, the GOP would roll back to Jim Crow era poll taxes if they could to curb the votes in those cities. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Pasken said:

That's interesting. I wonder what people felt like in the years before the last civil war. 

If you were Southern White, fear that your livelihood would be eliminated and that Negros would exact retribution for 250 yrs of cruelty.

If you were Black, no one cared about your feelings, and you were subhuman in the eyes of the law.