Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

7 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

It's all about "feelings" with your kind.

so what would your objective scores be with the 2 candidates?

Are you of the opinion that the left is more objective than the right when evaluating a candidate?  if so, why?

Are we really going to qualify a vote for either of these two shitheads as better than the other?  I don't believe it is possible.  Tie goes to the GOP in my book, mostly due to basic political differences.

Edited by slorch

3 hours ago, slorch said:

This is part of Trump that i know drives the left nuts, but for this guy, it does too.

Why pick a fight with a guy who is beloved and has" kept his nose clean" wherever he has been, not to mention the more than significant philanthropy in which Mr James has engaged?

Like so many other things with TRump, you end up asking, "WHY?  That's the hill he wants to go die on?"

Pick the stupidest option. That's the one he'll choose.

Because he's a moron.

10 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Some university is going to choose to house the Trump Presidential Library, in honor of a president who has admitted he doesn’t read books and sees no value in the information within them.

crazy fucking world we live in.

It'll just be banks of monitors showing his tweets.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Some university is going to choose to house the Trump Presidential Library, in honor of a president who has admitted he doesn’t read books and sees no value in the information within them.

Who says it has to be at a university?  They have libraries in prisons.  The Dotus library at ADX Florence has a nice ring to it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

Are you of the opinion that the left is more objective than the right when evaluating a candidate?  if so, why?

there is a large divide in terms of political leanings based on education level. the more educated you are, the more likely you are to be liberal. i think, by and large, educated people tend to analyze things more thoroughly and are capable of viewing actions, events, and people in a more...wait for it...nuanced way. On the other hand, you've admitted that you are a binary thinker, viewing virtually every thing in black and white fashion. Then you look at the people that attend Trump rallies and support him on social media...by and large, these people are uneducated, ignorant morons. They are incapable of objective thought, as their brains simply can't perform tasks requiring them to compute multiple inputs and arrive at a conclusion based on those inputs. It's why a president that has a 3rd grader's mastery of the english language resonates so strongly with them. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, slorch said:

Are we really going to qualify a vote for either of these two shitheads as better than the other?  I don't believe it is possible.  Tie goes to the GOP in my book, mostly due to basic political differences.

Which differences are those?

Fiscal responsibility, perhaps?  It's traditionally been the GOP's big issue, correct?   There is not a reasonable person in the world that believes Hillary would have run up the deficit like Trump. 

Strong national defense?   Hillary was a successful, internationally-respected diplomat.  Trump's a fucking comic book character who sucks russian cock, weakens NATO, and insults our long-time allies (as Hillary correctly predicted).  

Which differences again? 

7 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I predict he puts it in a Trump branded property. No sense in not getting some money out of the deal. The Trump Presidnetial Librbary and Golden Shower Room at Trump Vladivostok Tower. 

Actually, I considered this too.  Just stuff it into the floor of Trump Tower where the meetings with the Russians happened.

14 minutes ago, slorch said:

Well, to come to a conclusion other than

Hillary : Trump : : Tom Brady : : Garrett Gilbert

you'd have to start by buying into about a dozen stupid conspiracy theories about Hillary being a murderer, and she sold our uranium to Russia, and she made hundreds of billions of dollars off her Foundation, and she pimped children out of a pizza shop, so no, there is no real comparison, but you can call them equal if it helps you sleep at night.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

To be fair, the only books Trump is familiar with are the ones he “wrote,” and the information within them is worthless.  

13 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Which differences are those?

Fiscal responsibility, perhaps?  It's traditionally been the GOP's big issue, correct?   There is not a reasonable person in the world that believes Hillary would have run up the deficit like Trump. 

Strong national defense?   Hillary was a successful, internationally-respected diplomat.  Trump's a fucking comic book character who sucks russian cock, weakens NATO, and insults our long-time allies (as Hillary correctly predicted).  

Which differences again? 

Abortions in the 39th week.

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

you'd have to start by buying into about a dozen stupid conspiracy theories about Hillary being a murderer, and she sold our uranium to Russia, and she made hundreds of billions of dollars off her Foundation, and she pimped children out of a pizza shop, so no, there is no real comparison, but you can call them equal if it helps you sleep at night.

I was having a pretty good Saturday until you mentioned squints.  Triggered.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Don't forget the uranium dude, that was a big one.  And Starr and Kavanaugh spent what...3 years trying to pin Vince Foster's "murder" on her?

Edited by Gil Bang

1 hour ago, Pods said:

Barry Switzer

Joe Pa

Barry Switzer

Joe Pa

Why not Both?

Noooo, Switzer wore the Heel persona and is by all accounts a pretty good guy.  I'd bet anyone here would enjoy a beer with the asshole.  Sure he played fast and loose with the rules and I completely see why you all hate him...all that being said, he's not in Briles/JoePedo's category.  Fucking Osborne acted like a saint and was a much bigger piece of shit.  The holier than thou (Joe/Tom/televangelists) crowd is the WORST...I'll tell you this...Jerry Falwell, Billy Graham, JoePa, Tom Osborne, Briles - nobody here, outside of Sheeeiiit and Swam, would enjoy a cold beer with any of those shitbags. 

Also the OU student newspaper was calling for his head before he was fired.  OU was a powerhouse before and after Switzer.  JoePa/PennSt/Baylor/Briles...not so much. 

Now as I'm on Surly, OU does and always will suck...but JoePA does not equal Switzer.  

• Like 2

Who do you think you are talking to? If there’s one consistent idea in my entire economic corpus on these boards it’s that fiscal stimulus stimulates, and the question is not whether it does but whether it’s worth it. You pour a giant debt-financed tax stimulus onto an already expanding economy in a climate of already cheap money and you’ll have GDP expansion and some job growth because some of the cash you took when you smashed your kids piggy bank was used to buy stuff. The come down is where it counts. Very few people snort blow all night and enjoy the morning after.

1000X this.

We are criticizing the decision to eat our winter store of grain now, all at once.

Responding with “but look at this table stacked high with delicious bread!” misses the entire point. We’re criticizing taking economic steps that will cause pain tomorrow in exchange for short-term pleasure today. In short, we are arguing for the very definition of “conservative” policy. Slorch, of all people, should be on our side of this issue. But, when you sacrifice your brain at the altar of a party, you lose sight of all policy and ideology.

Bozo and I and a jillion others are arguing that we should take a more conservative approach....and we’re labeled as libtards with sweet tears. Fucking world turned upside down.

• Like 7

I think we put ourselves in a bind that might come back to haunt us with ultralow interest rates.  Now the Fed is walking a tightrope trying to get them back to some kind of reasonable norm.  Accelerating the rate at which our debt grows is sheer lunacy . . . but, they're the experts, guess we should trust them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/former-president-jimmy-carter-92-builds-homes-for-poor-while-trump-watches-golf-a7842551.html

While Trump enjoys golf, former president Jimmy Carter, 92, is building homes for the poor

Mr Carter returned to work on a building site after being taken to hospital for dehydration, while President Trump kicked back at the US Women's Open

jimmy-carter.jpg

• Like 1

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/former-president-jimmy-carter-92-builds-homes-for-poor-while-trump-watches-golf-a7842551.html
While Trump enjoys golf, former president Jimmy Carter, 92, is building homes for the poor
Mr Carter returned to work on a building site after being taken to hospital for dehydration, while President Trump kicked back at the US Women's Open
jimmy-carter.jpg

Well, Carter was a shitty president.

Who was still 100X the president that Trump will ever be.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, Carter was a shitty president.

Who was still 100X the president that Trump will ever be.

I'd like to see Trump saddled with the problems Carter had to deal with.

Ya know, on second thought...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RPM said:

Ya know, on second thought...

the Carter bashing has become a very overdone cultural norm. Most of the late 70s problems were not his fault by a country mile. 

Edited by Orca of Peace

14 minutes ago, RPM said:

second thought...

^ It's like he's gotten to play president for a year and a half, and DC has largely ground to a halt to watch him break stuff. Economy is good, so why not blow it up with a trade war. NK shooting missiles into the Pacific has been the only crisis, but he solved that in Singapore, so we good.

Edited by retread

^ It's like he's gotten to play president for a year and a half, and DC has largely ground to a halt to watch him break stuff. Economy is good, so why not blow it up with a trade war. NK shooting missiles into the Pacific has been the only crisis, but he solved that in Singapore, so we good.
Change your name to retard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Fuck You 3

Upon further review, after seeing those pics,

Fuck you to any who have called me a Trumpkin.

Who the fuck lives like that?  I mean, yeah, obviously those sick fucks, but gotdammit...