Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

1 minute ago, BHMCruiser said:

They showed him driving by Sassy as she got in her Uber leaving Ted's while Roy watched Jamie puke during a workout in the park. 

I thought that was more of a general montage to show everyone getting work done/going on with life, and not that Nate daily drives by Ted’s house on the way to work or that Tartt and Roy workout in the field in front of Ted’s house. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, achooloco said:

I thought that was more of a general montage to show everyone getting work done/going on with life, and not that Nate daily drives by Ted’s house on the way to work or that Tartt and Roy workout in the field in front of Ted’s house. 

Maybe but they could have done that with cut scenes. I assumed it was all happening at the same place.

So which game was that loosely based on where a team got 3 reds?  I presume there is some basis here like there was for the Zava storyline and how they appear to be copying Leicester a bit as well.  

Lol yeah as mentioned the FA cup match with Fulham this year.

La Liga has had a few involving teams playing against Barca and Atleti. I saw a funny breakdown and had to just go remind myself but Osasuna had 4 sent off against Atleti in 2007.

Which also led me to a Espanyol Barca game that ended with 8v8 on the field in 2003. 2 straight Reds and 4 double yellows

I've given up on predicting this season other than the psychic's predictions will all come to pass. Everything else is up for grabs. They seem to be pulling from great moments in soccer and I have zero background knowledge.

Edited by RPM

16 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

My guess based on the writer is that Episode 8 is where the Rupert/Bex relationship melts down

30 8 TBA TBA Keeley Hazell & Dylan Marron May 3, 2023

Rebecca warning Rupert, to be a better husband and father, all but assured that Rupert would go even further from that. Rupert loved twisting the knife (Bex aka Young Rebecca) in Rebecca and now Rupert sees that Rebecca supports Bex to some extent. 

not to mention that Rupert definitely didn’t like Bex repeatedly calling him an old man in front of Rebecca. The writers went a little heavy on that.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Rebecca warning Rupert, to be a better husband and father, all but assured that Rupert would go even further from that. Rupert loved twisting the knife (Bex aka Young Rebecca) in Rebecca and now Rupert sees that Rebecca supports Bex to some extent. 

not to mention that Rupert definitely didn’t like Bex repeatedly calling him an old man in front of Rebecca. The writers went a little heavy on that.

Definitely a little heavy handed there, but it was still very satisfying.

Rupert and Becks are definitely splitting, and Rebecca and Becks are definitely going to have a drunken night of catharsis.

As mentioned above, we can all hope that this drunken night also somehow involves Sassy in a threesome.

• Like 1
  • Drool 2

On 4/7/2023 at 9:11 AM, utee94 said:

Definitely a little heavy handed there, but it was still very satisfying.

Rupert and Becks are definitely splitting, and Rebecca and Becks are definitely going to have a drunken night of catharsis.

As mentioned above, we can all hope that this drunken night also somehow involves Sassy in a threesome.

Shark Tank Writing GIF

Rules (recommendations) for watching (most enjoying) Ted Lasso

1.  Drink just before episode starts

2. Closed captioning is on to understand 2/3 of characters

3. Rewatch episode in next week, you always pick up more, but also because of rule 1.

Spoiler

Also kudos to those that predicted Zava leaving team in middle of season.  I think he comes back when team has its groove back for final push. 

Les scene has been telegraphed for two episodes now, I guess an attempt to make keeleys character interesting or relevant again.

Speaking of interesting, probably not great that the best and most interesting parts of this episode was the Nate story arc and his emotional journey. I’m just sick of Richmond being losers on the pitch and am tired of them sucking I guess. 

Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The writers have just abandoned all pretense of subtlety in the story.  It's like watching a high school play after the kids have studied a unit on foreshadowing.  

This is shite.

Yeah, I wasn’t entertained much with this one. 

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

The writers have just abandoned all pretense of subtlety in the story.  It's like watching a high school play after the kids have studied a unit on foreshadowing.  

This is shite.

Yep. We are back to season two level quality after being teased the last few weeks. Even the motivational speech at the end felt canned. I wonder if the writers are using chatgpt

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

This is shite.

At least they're hopefully done with the character who's name I never bothered to learn because it was incredibly obvious that she only existed to be eventually fired by Keeley to take her next step towards business success. Stretched that one out a few episodes too long. 

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

At least they're hopefully done with the character who's name I never bothered to learn because it was incredibly obvious that she only existed to be eventually fired by Keeley to take her next step towards business success. Stretched that one out a few episodes too long. 

Yeah Shandy was annoying. Funny, watching her meltdown, but annoying 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

How much time has passed since Keeley met Jack? Is she still on her period in this episode?

They said Richmond hadn’t won a match in 7 tries after the West Ham match. So it’s been a bit since they met 

• Hook 'Em 1

They could've used the closing song more effectively as part of Ted's motivational speech to give it some edge, emotion, and soul. Let it build to a crescendo instead of some weak, background afterthought, especially if they inserted it as a way to signal Richmond would be going on a tear.

It's a real banger off of one of my favorite albums from the late 1990s.

Edited by bolverk
Last show I ever saw at Liberty Lunch.
  • Hook 'Em 1

You know it's a weak episode when the Nate storyline is the most compelling. The part where the hostess joined him at the window table near the end was a rare throwback to Season 1's vibe, IMO. The other highlight for me was Jamie asking Roy, "Tomorrow at 4AM?" and Roy responding, "Damn fucking right" felt damn good.

I'm coming to grips with the idea that they are never going to recapture that first season magic.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

You know it's a weak episode when the Nate storyline is the most compelling. The part where the hostess joined him at the window table near the end was a rare throwback to Season 1's vibe, IMO. The other highlight for me was Jamie asking Roy, "Tomorrow at 4AM?" and Roy responding, "Damn fucking right" felt damn good.

I'm coming to grips with the idea that they are never going to recapture that first season magic.

You are 100% spot on.

But I'm definitely pot-committed and invested and will watch until the end, and it's probably for the best this is the last season (I'm going to be curious to see the ratings for this season compared to s1 and even s2). That season one was lighting in a bottle and special wasn't it?

Crazy how that works with creative arts and things like TV and s1 just so happened to catch that slippery zeitgeist and nail that wispy perfect time-and-a-place for something fresh and earnest and sincere and funny before devolving into the familiar and formulaic sitcom-y, trope-y, above average show that are a dime a dozen.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

It was a 30 minute show the first season and they’ve stretched it out to a 50+ minute dramedy. Less was more with this show. 

Yeah I agree with this. it was fine at 30-40 minutes.  These 45+ min episodes tend to drag a bit. 

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

I also liked Roy locking eyes with Jamie and nodding during Zava's retirement video.