The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

8 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

Yeah, prednisone is nasty shit; had a course of it for Meniere's disease. Broke a lot of stuff over that two weeks; not proud of it.

The shit Dotard is taking is reportedly much stronger, and he's taking high doses. He's a rage-filled maniac under the best of circumstances; gotta be totally out of control now.

We don’t know what his dose is, do we?

and dexamethazone isn’t some hold back super potent only for emergencies steroid. When I worked for an eye care company in Ft worth, I regularly tested a pink eye treatment cream that had dexamethazone as one of the actives. 

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Yeah, no.

Bitchy comments =/= misogyny, rape, violence, pay disparity, removal of autonomy over one’s own body, sexual harassment, etc.

Are you implying that women don’t participate in cultural misogyny? Theres been some great research examining why Trump won the women vote in 2016 you might want to read up on

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So, Trump is going to address the nation; maybe today, or soon.  Because he's a "survivor".

Karma really, really needs to step up here.

Daring Biden to cancel. I’m sure the venue or the presidential debate group will cancel before Biden has to, if Trump can’t produce some negative test results. But he will claim he was ready to do it, even if he’s tweeting from his death bed. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

I've been off and on Surly today. I know they mentioned earlier it was an aide. Did not realize it was this particular aide. Sorry if it has. Just don't let Jared hold it. He has no receiver skills at all.
Has this been discussed?

Hold the phone! We're letting a Coastie carry the nuclear football?

For fucks sake Trump should be impeached for that decision alone. Kidding of course, but seriously Beat Coast Guard!

d32debd392182fe79fe79cc086d84bb8.jpg

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Most of those are long-term consequences of corticosteroid use, not really all in play in this situation. Short term burst of steroids, reduce dose and wean over a relatively short time frame is typically fine. Some would argue that a wean may not even be necessary with very short course of treatment, but it's still prudent. People get steroids shots all the time here in Central Texas for allergies, or a dose pack. Short term side effects have been discussed, increased appetite, irritability, glucose dysregulation, increased energy, mental status changes in some situations...Many of those side effects in that figure require months if not years of exposure to really manifest. 

Most but not all - also, if I recall, someone said ‘why not just keep him on steroids?’ And that kicked off much of this convo.  

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

When he took office, I recall thinking that his fantasy funeral has got to be the ones given for presidents in office. Everybody forced to make a huge production with fabulous ratings. He's been quoted as being unnerved by getting Covid and wondering if this would take him out. Clearly fake news because he's the bravest, leadingest, and hardest working man ever. Even so...

If he got as sick as we suspect and he believes he's on his way out, what better reality show death than in the White House followed by the leaders of the free world trailing his horse-drawn caisson (a word beyond his vocabulary, but something he could envision) bearing his coffin on the way to Arlington. I don't know how many actual leaders would show up, but they would be on the spot and not wanting to jeopardize the future relationship with the US. 

A strong funeral commemorating the phenomal job everybody says he's done. And he has done so much with his incomparable work ethic. He's done more than any president ever even for the Negroes who don't deserve it. People will have tears streaming down their face like nobody's ever seen before. 

All of his followers could crowd the path with no masks shaking hands and hugging Donald's staff before returning to local rallies to share their grief and hate for never-Trumpers. As a show of disdain for libs, they could all agree to only keep company with themselves for a month and not circulate among the rest of the populace. It would be so fitting for the cult.

Oh, how we would wish we could share our grief with them, but that's the way it goes.

This post reminds me of the poem "For want of  nail".  If Trump dies in office his tombstone should read "For want of a Mask"

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Christ how much did her facial plastic surgeon make off that job. Whatever it was, he earned it. 

I wanted to tweet, ‘shouldn’t you be blowing your plastic surgeon right now?’   But I’m too lazy to open a burner twitter account.  

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

Gotta love tweets triggering market sell-offs.

And the cool part, where he is (poorly) trying to hold the country hostage -- re-elect me, or I'll block incredibly necessary legislation to keep our country from collapse and avoid massive suffering.  He's blackmailing the American people for votes.  That's just evil, not much else to it.

Oh, and nevermind his objection to spending any of that aid on states that don't vote for him -- he has now conceded that he is not the President of the United States.  He is the President of the States that Voted for Him, and he is in low-intensity war against American states that did not vote for him.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Christ how much did her facial plastic surgeon make off that job. Whatever it was, he earned it. 

I think his strategy was to remove about 25% of her forehead and distribute the bone throughout the rest of her face to make it all proportional. And he probably still had to tell her that her bangs would be necessary cover up the rest of that igloo she had above her eyebrows.

Members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff are in isolation after the Coast Guard’s No. 2 officer tested positive for the novel coronavirus, the Pentagon said Tuesday in a statement.

Adm. Charles W. Ray, the vice commandant of the Coast Guard, first tested positive for the virus on Monday, said Rear Admiral Jon Hickey, a service spokesman. It is not clear when or where the admiral was infected, but his travels in recent days include attending a Sept. 27 event at the White House recognizing Gold Star military families and a meeting at the Pentagon on Friday with the military’s top generals.

Jonathan Rath Hoffman, the chief Pentagon spokesman, said in a statement on Tuesday that defense officials are aware of Ray’s diagnosis and that he was at the Pentagon last week “for meetings with other senior military leaders.” The news of his diagnosis was first reported by CNN.

Hoffman said some of the attendees were service chiefs and now in isolation.

Those quarantined include Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; Gen. John Hyten, the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs; Adm. Michael Gilday, the chief of naval operations; Gen. James McConville, the Army chief of Staff; Gen. Charles Q. Brown, the Air Force chief of staff; Gen. John Raymond, the Space Force chief of staff; Gen. Daniel Hokanson, the chief the National Guard Bureau; and Gen. Paul Nakasone, the head of U.S. Cyber Command, said a defense official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Most of those are long-term consequences of corticosteroid use, not really all in play in this situation. Short term burst of steroids, reduce dose and wean over a relatively short time frame is typically fine. Some would argue that a wean may not even be necessary with very short course of treatment, but it's still prudent. People get steroids shots all the time here in Central Texas for allergies, or a dose pack. Short term side effects have been discussed, increased appetite, irritability, glucose dysregulation, increased energy, mental status changes in some situations...Many of those side effects in that figure require months if not years of exposure to really manifest. 

While I agree with your statement here, I just want to point out that the classic Medrol dose pack (and others) is set up as both a short-term treatment course and a taper. (6 tabs on day 1, decreasing by 1 tab each day, finishing with 1 on Day 6). Don't want to mess up the HPA (hypothalamic pituitary adrenal) axis...so tapering is always a good idea (as you stated, it's still prudent).

29 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Hot.  

F640A36F-868C-4E2C-886B-C7A3AE2CBF17.jpeg

Plastic Surgeon:  "What actor in what role would you most like to look like?" 

Tomi:  "Well, I've always loved this one celebrity when they were younger in 'Mask'."  

Plastic Surgeon:  "Say no more fam, 'the Rocky Dennis' it is sweet lady..."  

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, what stops his doctors from just weaning him super fucking slowly over the course of weeks? It doesn't sound like there's too much of a short term risk for keeping him on steroids per previous posts. 

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they do, but I'm just saying my experience with being on a high dose was always that my taper lasted several weeks and they were fucking horrible, and once I was off of them I felt like absolute dog shit for a week or so afterwords until everything started getting back to "normal". Obviously a different steroid and a different illness, but I just always found coming off them even slowly felt like going from the Hulk to Bruce Banner, but Banner had been beaten with a sack of doorknobs.

50 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

and dexamethazone isn’t some hold back super potent only for emergencies steroid. When I worked for an eye care company in Ft worth, I regularly tested a pink eye treatment cream that had dexamethazone as one of the actives. 

It’s the proverbial catch 22.  People start to feel like shit when you wean - especially if you’re on higher doses - so they often fight it and ask to stay on high doses.  That poses a lot of cardiac and other risk - and also when you finally do decide to wean it’s a lot harder.  So they may delay the inevitable but you always pay the piper.  Weaning is no picnic if you end up in the situation above.  A good patient who follows instructions and deals with feeling a little crappy is better off than the patients who insist they know what they need.  Which bucket does this fat fuck fall into?

22 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It’s the proverbial catch 22.  People start to feel like shit when you wean - especially if you’re on higher doses - so they often fight it and ask to stay on high doses.  That poses a lot of cardiac and other risk - and also when you finally do decide to wean it’s a lot harder.  So they may delay the inevitable but you always pay the piper.  Weaning is no picnic if you end up in the situation above.  A good patient who follows instructions and deals with feeling a little crappy is better off than the patients who insist they know what they need.  Which bucket does this fat fuck fall into?

So basically he'll be on it until his heart gives out or has a stroke.

I am aware I'm pages behind, but I'm going to respond to this post, as its the first one I read when I just checked in.

16 hours ago, immamac said:

I get all the horrible feelings and all that, but I don't think everyone understands how bad this is for him. It's quite possibly the worst thing that could have happened short of him saying the N word on a hot mic.

All this covid bullshit isn't going to change anyone's mind. Saying the N word isn't going to change anyone's mind. Even the "undecided" votes are a done deal. If they say otherwise, they are either lying or self-delusional.

"Look at me look at me, I'm an undecided voter."

Just now, High Plains Drifter said:

I am aware I'm pages behind, but I'm going to respond to this post, as its the first one I read when I just checked in.

All this covid bullshit isn't going to change anyone's mind. Saying the N word isn't going to change anyone's mind. Even the "undecided" votes are a done deal. If they say otherwise, they are either lying or self-delusional.

"Look at me look at me, I'm an undecided voter."

Agreed, but it will solidify the decision to vote. Everyone is just taking for granted that people actually wanted to vote or plan on voting. It's a logical fallacy because you cared enough to vote in the last X number of elections, so did everyone else like you!

People historically have been shit at voting, this is getting people who have decided who they would vote for to actually go and vote for that person. It's having the opposite affect on those that are supporting a maniacal, covid ridden, impeached POTUS incumbent. His weaker supporters are starting to feel a lot like the "fuck both of these people" crowd from 2016. 

There is a no "fuck both of these people crowd" that would lean to vote for Biden even in a different republican candidate situation. Everyone is going full on raging boner vote vote vote. 

If people turn out to vote this election is decided and decided in a landslide. Look at videos of Houston dropping off mail in ballots (which started today). Look at the lines in VA, OH, and all the other states that have started early voting. People are going out to vote like they never have before, earlier than before and in higher numbers than before. 

38 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

So, off the steroids, his chances of dying of whatever = x.

On the steroids, his chances of dying of whatever = y.

y > x

Getting off the steroids moves chances of dying back to x, but the withdrawal is hell.

Sounds like every other drug people get addicted to.

Some years ago, I got a cortisone shot in my foot. An hour later my foot felt 20 years younger. I was ready to go run a marathon. (I didn't).

I can see how that would be addictive.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I just heard somewhere it was a high dose. No specifics, and could have been pure speculation. Never mind.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Two scoops ...

8 hours ago, Nivek said:

Take away a phone and do what with them, talk?  

Board games?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHhaaaaaa.........

Ok, seriously,

how about charades? Long walks in the woods? Cooking togeth--mmffchokesnork, hahahahahahahhahahah breathe

Nevermind.

6 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Twitter is full of fucking clowns. Regeneron is a company not a drug. REGN-COV2 is the drug that he was given. As I understand it (which is admittedly extremely limited), the stem cells used in the process of developing REGN-COV 2 are hematopoietic stem cells (used in the process of building the humanized mouse immune models to produce the antibodies). What a stupid gotcha attempt. 

Im sure the fundies who are against killing babies and harvesting fetuses understand and appreciate the subtle difference between hematopietic and pluripotent embryonic stem cells.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Im sure the fundies who are against killing babies and harvesting fetuses understand and appreciate the subtle difference between hematopietic and pluripotent embryonic stem cells.

I don't doubt that you are correct.  Also appears that some congress people trying to twat dunk don't quite understand the distinctions either.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

the more i think about it, the more i am convinced that trump tested positive before the debate, but was asymptomatic, so pretended that he wasn't positive and went about things like normal, giving it to everybody with whom he came into contact. he may have even had it before the rose garden event. this would explain his quicker than normal recovery, and would explain how every fucking person in the white house was exposed.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the more i think about it, the more i am convinced that trump tested positive before the debate, but was asymptomatic, so pretended that he wasn't positive and went about things like normal, giving it to everybody with whom he came into contact. he may have even had it before the rose garden event. this would explain his quicker than normal recovery, and would explain how every fucking person in the white house was exposed.

It would also explain the "arrived too late to be tested before the debate" deal. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Board games?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHhaaaaaa.........

Ok, seriously,

how about charades? Long walks in the woods? Cooking togeth--mmffchokesnork, hahahahahahahhahahah breathe

Nevermind.

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

JFK had Addison’s so he had to take corticosteroids to live, but I read he would increase his own dose as needed when he was feeling run down. I can definitely see Trump doing that for as long as he can

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

And the cool part, where he is (poorly) trying to hold the country hostage -- re-elect me, or I'll block incredibly necessary legislation to keep our country from collapse and avoid massive suffering.  He's blackmailing the American people for votes.  That's just evil, not much else to it.

Oh, and nevermind his objection to spending any of that aid on states that don't vote for him -- he has now conceded that he is not the President of the United States.  He is the President of the States that Voted for Him, and he is in low-intensity war against American states that did not vote for him.

This clownshow doesn’t want to help all Americans and only those from Maga loving states? Okay, cool. Blue states should withhold federal funding and let the red states, that have no means to stay solvent if not for those funds, suffer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

If by "hardcore base" you also include Fox News viewers, then OK.  Isn't Fox the most popular 'news' network by ratings?  I heard from one of my brothers that my Mother declared Trump to be the greatest President we've ever had.  And she respects Biden, but why does he want to kill babies?

I know, and there's a reason I don't talk to her much.

If you like Trump, Fox News is the only network you would ever watch.   Fox News wins the "news" thing, because most news networks have other programming (or shit programming) in the evenings, or because most of the people who don't care for Trump or Fox News' slant on things, or who are moderates politically, are either split between multiple networks, or have better things to do with their times. 

My older family members who watch Fox News, they will watch for 2-3 hours in the evening, while everybody else is watching Netflix, broadcast TV, cable networks that aren't news-oriented, YouTube, etc.

22 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It would also explain the "arrived too late to be tested before the debate" deal. 

Interesting posts. I wonder if he hoped to give it to Biden. 

17 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

JFK had Addison’s so he had to take corticosteroids to live, but I read he would increase his own dose as needed when he was feeling run down. I can definitely see Trump doing that for as long as he can

Dan Carlin has a great episode of Hardcore history of world leaders being hopped on shit like Hitler and Churchill.

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread