the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

Dammit. I was hoping to see a demand for 10 hour work weeks and West World type sex-bots as fundamental rights.

Still, I defer to the UT Law Grad who filed it on the Constitutional nuances.

50 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

i love all of these late breaking bombshell realization discovery stories.

"crazy moron who proved over a 4 year span that he would do literally anything to stay in office, including filing 70 lawsuits and inciting a violent and murderous insurrection to overturn a legally held election, also did other crazy moron shit you definitely assumed he did but hadn't been confirmed in a major newspaper before now."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

"crazy moron who proved over a 4 year span that he would do literally anything to stay in office, including filing 70 lawsuits and inciting a violent and murderous insurrection to overturn a legally held election, also did other crazy moron shit you definitely assumed he did but hadn't been confirmed in a major newspaper before now."

I figure our coming weeks and months will still be filled with Trump news, and it's all going to shit like this.  Biden admin news (and politics in general) will get shoved aside for whatever is dredged up.

10 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

And now we should REALLY be pissed. But maybe it’s not so bad. Maybe it will just recede into the background and most people will just forget. And we will relive it all at some point in the next couple of decades. 

Rudy's on deck.

Rudy Giuliani Sued by Dominion Voting Systems Over False Election Claims
The suit seeks damages of more than $1.3 billion and is based on more than 50 statements Mr. Giuliani made at legislative hearings, on Twitter, on his podcast and in the conservative news media, where he spun a fictitious narrative of a plot by one of the biggest voting machine manufacturers in the country to flip votes to President Biden.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Ah yes, what's that old saying in the law..."And now the inspectorees become the inspectedees?"  No wait, I had something for this, "And now the inspectees become the inspectors."  Dammit!  "The inspecting become the inspectededs."  Fuck!  "The Inspecteds become the uninspecteds or unexpecteds."  Shit, we workshopped this whole thing with Paxton.  

Seriously guys, even in 2020...I still pulled the lever for a lot of Republicans at the ballot box.  But you backed an absolutely epic team of idiots to support in 2020.  I mean, you have to sit in a room, sober, and just think of ways to be this stupid.  You forgot to cover your tracks when the President pressures his own acting DOJ to confront the other half of his acting DOJ to undermine our own elections?  I mean, were the Italian mob unavailable for this brilliant heist?  You keep picking the absolute stupidest people available for every heist.  It's like a bad reboot of Ocean's 11.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Ah yes, what's that old saying in the law..."And now the inspectorees become the inspectedees?"  No wait, I had something for this, "And now the inspectees become the inspectors."  Dammit!  "The inspecting become the inspectededs."  Fuck!  "The Inspecteds become the uninspecteds or unexpecteds."  Shit, we workshopped this whole thing with Paxton.  

Seriously guys, even in 2020...I still pulled the lever for a lot of Republicans at the ballot box.  But you backed an absolutely epic team of idiots to support in 2020.  I mean, you have to sit in a room, sober, and just think of ways to be this stupid.  You forgot to cover your tracks when the President pressures his own acting DOJ to confront the other half of his acting DOJ to undermine our own elections?  I mean, were the Italian mob unavailable for this brilliant heist?  You keep picking the absolute stupidest people available for every heist.  It's like a bad reboot of Ocean's 11.  

The Italians helped Biden, remember? They rigged it, assisted by with Hugo Chavez, who is very much alive, and North Korea, who supplied ballots by boat through Maine's ports with their invisible navy that avoided detection by the Russian Navy, the ROK Navy, the PLA Navy, the Royal Canadian Navy and the United States Navy. 

That doesn't even get into the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires. 

f1dQIGhgKFw74dfDxJSxEXZtp_sl6OYGnT3VmlkLXfA.png?width=500&auto=webp&s=a932be9413eedc5c8a8683be67e6b2ec0ca4ab9b

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Your pronoun choices continue to suck and need work.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/23/2021 at 10:07 PM, Beau Vine said:

She's not completely correct, but he wasn't smart enough to point out why.

jesus christ, this fucknut couldn't even make it a single semester at a bullshit college like patrick henry college?  good grief, these people.

9 minutes ago, PsychMike said:

Hmmm. I would be interested to see that. Generally speaking, you can't file an independent lawsuit seeking attorney sanctions. You do it in the lawsuit in which the sanctionable acts occurred. 

The meatchicken AG is no Paxton, though. And I believe at least one MI lawsuit remains pending because of a sanctions motion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Hmmm. I would be interested to see that. Generally speaking, you can't file an independent lawsuit seeking attorney sanctions. You do it in the lawsuit in which the sanctionable acts occurred. 

The meatchicken AG is no Paxton, though. And I believe at least one MI lawsuit remains pending because of a sanctions motion. 

Bad reporting.  It is, in fact, a motion for sanctions in a still pending suit. https://www.michigan.gov/documents/ag/105_defs_benson_whitmer_mtn_sanctions_714670_7.pdf

Lin Wood Says Georgia State Bar Told Him His Law License Is in Danger Unless He Takes Mental Health Exam

As one of the most prominent faces in Donald Trump’s failed efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election through the series of lawsuits collectively known as the “Kraken,” attorney Lin Wood has been under the microscope for weeks, if not months, for troubling statements he’s made on social media. Now, the embattled lawyer, no longer on Twitter, has claimed that the Georgia State Bar told him he must undergo a mental health exam if wants to keep his law license.

“I am fighting battles on every front,” Wood wrote to his followers on what appears to be the “Telegram” app in a message that was flagged Thursday by Reuters reporter Jan Wolfe.

“The State Bar of Georgia told me today that they would demand a mental health exam from me if I wanted to keep my law license. My mind is sound. I have broken no rules. I asked what I had done wrong, I was only told it was about my social media comments. My speech,” the message said.

Wood had previously claimed that an attorney from the Georgia Bar had contacted his attorney to inquire if he would “submit to an independent health exam.”

Ice Hockey Popcorn GIF by NHL

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

He's going to raise First Amendment hell about this.  In the meantime, I'm sure he will spout additional insanities and will "fail" his mental health exam.  And he will Streisand that shit until cert is denied.

On 1/29/2021 at 12:20 PM, TwiceHorn said:

He's going to raise First Amendment hell about this.  In the meantime, I'm sure he will spout additional insanities and will "fail" his mental health exam.  And he will Streisand that shit until cert is denied.

Wood has refused a psych evaluation.  https://www.ajc.com/news/pro-trump-attorney-lin-wood-refuses-bars-order-to-undergo-psychiatric-exam/C2CQFQMB7NGX7DRU7SXJEDP544/

SIAP - Trump's impeachment legal time quits because he's batshit insane, and wants them to talk about the election being stolen.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/30/politics/butch-bowers-deborah-barbier-trump-impeachment-team/index.html

Butch Bowers and Deborah Barbier, who were expected to be two of the lead attorneys, are no longer on the team. A source familiar with the changes said it was a mutual decision for both to leave the legal team. As the lead attorney, Bowers assembled the team.
Josh Howard, a North Carolina attorney who was recently added to the team, has also left, according to another source familiar with the changes. Johnny Gasser and Greg Harris, from South Carolina, are no longer involved with the case, either.
No other attorneys have announced they are working on Trump's impeachment defense.
A person familiar with the departures told CNN that Trump wanted the attorneys to argue there was mass election fraud and that the election was stolen from him rather than focus on the legality of convicting a president after he's left office. Trump was not receptive to the discussions about how they should proceed in that regard.

Shocker

The attorneys had not yet been paid any advance fees and a letter of intent was never signed.

New legal team announced

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/536695-trump-announces-new-impeachment-legal-team-after-resignations

Lawyers David Schoen and Bruce L. Castor Jr. will lead Trump's defense against the accusations that he incited the riot at the Capitol building on Jan. 6, the former president announced.

Schoen, a federal criminal defense lawyer, called it “an honor” to represent Trump “and the United States Constitution” in a press release. Castor, the former acting attorney general in Pennsylvania, similarly labeled his joining the team “a privilege.”

unimpressed jerk off motion GIF

2 hours ago, Superhero said:

SIAP - Trump's impeachment legal time quits because he's batshit insane, and wants them to talk about the election being stolen.

Crazy like a fox. Trump does not need a legal team. There are not 17 Republican senators who would vote to convict him if he had created a WhatsApp group for all his supporters called "I am really President Trump and I want each of you to hit a cop with a fire extinguisher then steal Nancy Pelosi's mail."

Since Twitter kicked him off, he needs a platform to continue pushing his "I wuz robbed" narrative and he is fixing to have a really, really big one. 

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have this crazy notion that if he gets up there and spews election grievance for a week, there may just be enough votes to convict sheerly on "JFC, won't you please shut the fuck up about the election."

Except there won’t. Trump still owns the Republican Party.

• Like 2

@TwiceHorn--thoughts?

I side with Seth on how to word this in the press. Especially as Trump will NOT be convicted and this is going to happen again and again in the next election--2022 with down ballot races, and 2024 in a general election. Instead of free and fair elections, certified, and resolved, there will be months of instability and confusion.

12 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

@TwiceHorn--thoughts?

I side with Seth on how to word this in the press. Especially as Trump will NOT be convicted and this is going to happen again and again in the next election--2022 with down ballot races, and 2024 in a general election. Instead of free and fair elections, certified, and resolved, there will be months of instability and confusion.

That certainly seems to be the case.

And pretty clearly explains why decent lawyers want no involvement.

As noted, it probably matters not from a conviction standpoint, but it is bad, bad optics.  Of course, it's great optics for a certain group.

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

That certainly seems to be the case.

And pretty clearly explains why decent lawyers want no involvement.

As noted, it probably matters not from a conviction standpoint, but it is bad, bad optics.  Of course, it's great optics for a certain group.

Then it is up to EVERYONE to shout this out loud.  Fuck him.  He is trying to destroy this country.  I hope to hell we can bring it back.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Then it is up to EVERYONE to shout this out loud.  Fuck him.  He is trying to destroy this country.  I hope to hell we can bring it back.

The GOP is all-in on this.  They aren't going to back off.  They have gone full-on anti-democracy, and there is no coming back for them.  

If we're going to save things, it's going to have to be in spite of them, overcoming their constant resistance.  Now that Trump is gone, they are demonstrating that his being in office doesn't matter.  This is what they are now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The GOP is all-in on this.  They aren't going to back off.  They have gone full-on anti-democracy, and there is no coming back for them.  

If we're going to save things, it's going to have to be in spite of them, overcoming their constant resistance.  Now that Trump is gone, they are demonstrating that his being in office doesn't matter.  This is what they are now.

People are leaving the GOP.  There was an article on Reuters today that 70 former George W Bush have all left the GOP.  I personally have been an independent since 2015, and will be registering as a Democrat shortly (need to be a Democrat to vote in the Mayorial primaries in NYC).  

I am hoping that more and more of the sane people tell the party to fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

People are leaving the GOP.  There was an article on Reuters today that 70 former George W Bush have all left the GOP.  I personally have been an independent since 2015, and will be registering as a Democrat shortly (need to be a Democrat to vote in the Mayorial primaries in NYC).  

I saw an article that a GOP donor completely flipped to the Democrats.  It wasn't even a "I'm withholding my money from the GOP until they fix themselves," it was "I'm giving my money to the other party now." 

Here it is:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jacob-monty-quits-gop-donald-trump_n_60151bfcc5b6bde2f5bfa8e2

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/outlook/article/Opinion-I-was-a-lifelong-Republican-but-I-am-15903275.php

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

It's the only hope.  The only thing the GOP understands is pain.  Losing elections by a wide enough margin that they can't mount a remotely credible argument of "it was stolen" (and yeah....I know....they could lose 90-10 and would still argue that) is the only thing that has a shot at getting the GOP to come to Jesus.

I just don't see a way out of it for them.  They've turned into the Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz party.  That's what the base is, that's what the base wants.  There's no turning back.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

It's the only hope.  The only thing the GOP understands is pain.  Losing elections by a wide enough margin that they can't mount a remotely credible argument of "it was stolen" (and yeah....I know....they could lose 90-10 and would still argue that) is the only thing that has a shot at getting the GOP to come to Jesus.

I just don't see a way out of it for them.  They've turned into the Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz party.  That's what the base is, that's what the base wants.  There's no turning back.

90-10?  Nobody wins by that margin without fraud!  Those returns are all the proof you need!  Let’s just toss the election results and let us fair and honest republicans choose the winner. Good good?

• Like 1

Political parties are nimble enough to recognize a losing hand and adjust over time.  For the Republican party in particular this is true -- we say all the time on here that they only care about the acquisition and use of power, not enacting some underlying philosophy with that power.  They just tried to gain power to undemocratic way and ended up losing the House, Senate, and Presidency. I think they'll start realizing they currently have a losing hand in pretty short order, have to deal with the realities of needing actual votes, and somehow adjust to grab additional voters.  My guess is that will mean putting a veneer of respectability back on the party so that young votes and non-racist votes are easier to get.

I don't think they can adjust soon enough that they will avoid paying for it for at least one more election cycle though.  I think we are in for crazy town Trump idolatry for at least until 2022 because Trump, Gaetz, Cruz, et al have the biggest microphones and will fight to keep it that way as long as they can.  The consequences of this path won't be fully accepted until another series of losses.  Then they will lose their influence.

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have this crazy notion that if he gets up there and spews election grievance for a week, there may just be enough votes to convict sheerly on "JFC, won't you please shut the fuck up about the election."

The problem is that the entire GOP has been telling the same lies about Democrats cheating in elections for decades.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Political parties are nimble enough to recognize a losing hand and adjust over time.  For the Republican party in particular this is true -- we say all the time on here that they only care about the acquisition and use of power, not enacting some underlying philosophy with that power.  They just tried to gain power to undemocratic way and ended up losing the House, Senate, and Presidency. I think they'll start realizing they currently have a losing hand in pretty short order, have to deal with the realities of needing actual votes, and somehow adjust to grab additional voters.  My guess is that will mean putting a veneer of respectability back on the party so that young votes and non-racist votes are easier to get.

I don't think they can adjust soon enough that they will avoid paying for it for at least one more election cycle though.  I think we are in for crazy town Trump idolatry for at least until 2022 because Trump, Gaetz, Cruz, et al have the biggest microphones and will fight to keep it that way as long as they can.  The consequences of this path won't be fully accepted until another series of losses.  Then they will lose their influence.

Alternate take:

They have decided that they can't win on ideas.

Their only chance is to take power by undemocratic means.  That failed.  What does that mean?  It means that they didn't try hard enough.  They need to amp up their stochastic terrorists some more, and actually get some commie dems killed, which is what should happen to commie traitors.  And they should allow GOP legislatures to just decide how their state votes, because Constitution.  And they need to cultivate their loyalists in the military to back them next time they try to violently seize power.

That is the current plan.  And if it doesn't work next time....they'll just try harder, using the same methods.

When you're a fascist who wants to take power by undemocratic means, you have to stick with it.  Shit, Hitler failed and went to prison at first.  But he had the stick-to-itness that made him a success.  Just stick with it, and you'll overwhelm the weakling institutions that play by the rules, because you don't give a shit about ANY rules.

Anything else is wishful thinking.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 1/29/2021 at 12:20 PM, TwiceHorn said:

He's going to raise First Amendment hell about this.  

I'm shooting from the hip here, but it seems to me (a) the Georgia Bar is not the government and (b) like any professional certification authority, one should expect lapses in ethical behavior might raise the red flag and open one's self up to censure (or worse).

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I'm shooting from the hip here, but it seems to me (a) the Georgia Bar is not the government and (b) like any professional certification authority, one should expect lapses in ethical behavior might raise the red flag and open one's self up to censure (or worse).

Depends.  If the Bar is a licensing authority, then it's governmental or at least quasi-governmental.

And yes, if you claim that sky jews are attacking us with space lasers, and other moonbattery, then you should be scrutinized by any licensing authority.  Free speech is not carte blanche to excuse insanity or plain lack of fitness to practice law.  The problem is not what he says; the problem is that what he is saying is evidence that he is sufficiently disconnected from reality that he is not fit to practice law.

If I start to publicly proclaim that I am the Queen of England, and all must bow to me, and I repeatedly enter local jewelry stores demanding that they release my crown jewels to me.....the State Bar will not litigate my status as a sovereign or not.  They will use my outlandish claims to start an inquiry into whether I am batshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

but they have the biggest rallies!

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Alternate take:

They have decided that they can't win [votes] on ideas.

Their only chance is to take power by undemocratic means.  That failed.  What does that mean?  It means that they didn't try hard enough.  They need to amp up their stochastic terrorists some more, and actually get some commie dems killed, which is what should happen to commie traitors.  And they should allow GOP legislatures to just decide how their state votes, because Constitution.  And they need to cultivate their loyalists in the military to back them next time they try to violently seize power.

That is the current plan.  And if it doesn't work next time....they'll just try harder, using the same methods.

When you're a fascist who wants to take power by undemocratic means, you have to stick with it.  Shit, Hitler failed and went to prison at first.  But he had the stick-to-itness that made him a success.  Just stick with it, and you'll overwhelm the weakling institutions that play by the rules, because you don't give a shit about ANY rules.

Anything else is wishful thinking.  

Added the votes in there.  The can seize power with their crazy ideas through the rallies and violence.  MTG is counting on it.

Edited by TexasEd