Parler = Trumpkin Facebook....?

Aqua Buddha

3 hours ago, G650 said:

I want to tell them "Do you know how many bulldozers I own motherfucker?"

Talkin bout Bobcats, years ago I had a plumber, offered to take our fence down so he could run a Bobcat in the back yard to dig down to a pipe he thought was leaking, for only $300 an hour. I took a gotdam Mk1 shovel, dug down to the pipe. It wasn't leaking.

It's old ceramic pipe. A friend in London said they still have pipe like that, from Roman times, that still works fine.

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

They are selling user information as soon as they get it. 

I think the big data winner is the Trump Campaign.  I'd bet there is a holding company that Trump owns and he will monetize his list of zombies.  It's the art of the steal.

Here's something to chew on. As some of y'all know, I've got about 850,000 followers on Social Media. I get all kinds of private messages. In the last 48 hours I've received five entreaties from various readers on Twitter and Facebook to join them on Parler.  I'm positive that one of the Twitter messages is from a troll/bot  and pretty sure that one of the Facebook messages is, too.    An alternative to Facebook/Twitter that appeals to the Q-Anon-susceptible could be a huge problem. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Here's something to chew on. As some of y'all know, I've got about 850,000 followers on Social Media. I get all kinds of private messages. In the last 48 hours I've received five entreaties from various readers on Twitter and Facebook to join them on Parler.  I'm positive that one of the Twitter messages is from a troll/bot  and pretty sure that one of the Facebook messages is, too.    An alternative to Facebook/Twitter that appeals to the Q-Anon-susceptible could be a huge problem. 

how much for a shout out on soshul meejuh? Tree fiddy?

as a non-facebooker/twitterer, one thing i have never quite understood about the conservative male gen x through boomer demographic's presence on social media is why it seems like every single one of them decides to sign up and set up their account while sitting in the driver's seat of their truck with a pair of oakleys on in the middle of the day.  it is like they all got a memo from somewhere saying take your fb/twitter profile picture in the front seat of your truck at lunch one day with a standardized pair of oakleys from 1998 on and whatever you do, do not smile.

just an observation but sure seems odd.  i imagine that it will be impossible to distinguish any parler posters on the basis of profile pics.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Sup  McConaughey

So if you only see things from friends on your wall or whatever, then won’t be everyone’s feed just be passing the same 7 memes around to each other?  They won’t see the troll posts.  No arguments, no discussions, just boring. Isolationism is rule 2 of cult making, right after charismatic leader that sells a message enough people are drawn to. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Well, yes, that is a thing. They (Twitter, FB, and also Parler) also have accounts that post similarly to the account holder they are following and after a period of time begin gas lighting. Radicalization, propaganda, disinfo, you need to be in the bubble. Parler is going to distill that bubble further and insulate from truth and transparency. It's billed as no censorship, but ripe for abuse and misuse. So, of course, Dan Dongbingo is involved.

as a non-facebooker/twitterer, one thing i have never quite understood about the conservative male gen x through boomer demographic's presence on social media is why it seems like every single one of them decides to sign up and set up their account while sitting in the driver's seat of their truck with a pair of oakleys on in the middle of the day.  it is like they all got a memo from somewhere saying take your fb/twitter profile picture in the front seat of your truck at lunch one day with a standardized pair of oakleys from 1998 on and whatever you do, do not smile.
just an observation but sure seems odd.  i imagine that it will be impossible to distinguish any parler posters on the basis of profile pics.

Same demographic of insecure white guys that can’t smile for a photograph.

There are topless videos of her on the internet. They are real and they are spectacular even if it was in 1989.

She’s in her early 60’s and looks like she got some slightly botched plastic surgery to her face but I’m pretty sure I still would.
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

What I learned from this thread is that way too many of you people have facebook accounts.

Easiest way to keep up with high school friends, and to send photos of the kids to the older relatives, without texting/emailing.  I've made my peace with it.

Edited by atomheartbevo

10 hours ago, sidis said:

As an aside, similar to the Nigerian prince emails folks get;  I received 2 of those goofy IM's on FB in the past month from dudes wanting to date me, but the form letters were written towards straight women.

My profile pic is my wife dancing with our son at his wedding, with her beautiful smiling face towards the camera.  Took me a minute before I figured out they were strictly going off the pic and nothing written in my account.

I don't own any Oakleys, but your observation is pretty spot on...

Edited by slorch

I really haven’t been paying attention to this Parler thing but a relative of mine on Facebook just posted that they are tired of all the politics (both sides) on Facebook  and leaving the site to go to Parler.  Is it possible he is naive about the politics over there or is this a bad sign of what his political leanings really are?  I don’t talk politics with him ever.  

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Easiest way to keep up with high school friends, and to send photos of the kids to the older relatives, without texting/emailing.  I've made my peace with it.

Everybody says this, but when I was on there it was nothing but people wallowing in their own politics and depression. 

I really haven’t been paying attention to this Parler thing but a relative of mine on Facebook just posted that they are tired of all the politics (both sides) on Facebook  and leaving the site to go to Parler.  Is it possible he is naive about the politics over there or is this a bad sign of what his political leanings really are?  I don’t talk politics with him ever.  

I think you already know the answer.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

No big deal, 75 million people killed or placed in camps. Nothing Stalinesque about that at all. Sigh.

It's why Trump, and all the enablers, need to go to jail. Enough with this stuff. They say this crap just assuming that other people will do it for them. None of them has the balls to actually, physically do anything. But it leads to literal insane people pulling Timothy McVeigh style attacks. I hope our FBI and CIA are still thin enough on Trump people be able to thwart such nonsense in the meantime.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

It means he does not like the kind of politics on Facebook where the facts are now checked.  He wants his "news" free of truth or warning labels.

12 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Not sure they thought this one through.

Killing all the liberals would make our country 70% men and 30% women which would make lots of MAGA types' goal of losing their virginity by age 40 pretty difficult.

I'm sure that the unspoken assumption here is that you just kill the men and then the women live in fear and are used as chattel. Basically an American Caliphate. 

It's absurd, but tell me how it is anything other than representative of the most radical Islam. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm sure that the unspoken assumption here is that you just kill the men and then the women live in fear and are used as chattel. Basically an American Caliphate. 

It's absurd, but tell me how it is anything other than representative of the most radical Islam. 

Sounds more and more like the Handmaid's Tale all the time.

59 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

It's probably indicative of what his politics are and they're probably pretty scary.