A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

The best part is his spell check now knows "DeSanctimonious" and he shifts past it.  But he sees the auto-correct for "Roomer" and "a shambles", and glosses over it because he thinks the machine doesn't know his lingo well enough yet.  

That's a 'special' kind of stupid.  

Also, no adult should ever start a serious sentence with the word 'Rumor.'  Of course, this is no normal adult we're dealing with, save for the diapers and trial status.  

Good sir, “a shambles” is just as correct as “in shambles”

• Hook 'Em 1

I believe Trump knows whether it was Matthew 19:6 or Mark 10:9, "What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put ashambles."

Although, he is known to love both testaments equally so it's hard for him to just pick one verse.  

On 8/23/2023 at 11:12 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Man, St. Marks is full of rich dipshits, but it's an excellent school, no two ways about it.  Kincaid sounds like it's just full of rich dipshits.

Lot of hate in this thread for Kinkaid.  And there are plenty of rich assholes there, I'm sure.  But the idea that it's not a good school is just silly.

31 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

That idiot was the actual President of The United States of America.

I say it all the time, but there are days where I still can't believe it and it makes me wonder if I'm getting early dementia just thinking about it.

Think it was Sam Harris on his podcast who said, it's like we spent the last decade watching our society tear itself apart over Pee Wee Herman or Vanilla Ice. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Roomers is one of my favorite albums.

By Fleetwood BigMac?  

His favorite tracks are "Second Hand Fake News", "Never Going back Again (to Prison)", and the duet "Oh Daddy" with Ivanka Trump.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is about the time I started to really believe we were in a simulation. How in the ever loving fuck did this actually happen?  The mother fucking President of the United States got the national champions of whatever a god damn fast food spread and presented it, without any irony or self awareness, as some grand meal at the White House. 

if only he had left it at embarrassing we could all have good chuckle about it go, welp, won't do that again!

That's a tough hat to wear with no context.  He does realize that it's the statistically the same that the hat means the opposite of what he thinks it means.  It's a modifier and a title.  

"Asshole Poster" could just as easily mean that I post things that come across as an asshole or you hang up a giant photograph of a giant anus on your wall.  

He is a Pedophile.  Who also likes Hunting. 

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Why would anyone wear a cap that basically states "I am a hunter and a pedophile'?

Sorry to YGIFS, I did not scroll down far enough.

Edited by AnTiM
add excuse
  • Like 3

Quite alright.  Probably says something about some repressed memories of ours as boy scouts.  

But yeah, whenever.  And I mean, when-ever-the-fuck, you commit the word "Pedophile" to a textile or accessory, make damn sure there is absolutely zero percent change the rest of the phrase can possibly be misinterpreted.  Granted we could have made a lot of money with expert testimony and a clothing line called "Groomer Witness"  

And by the way, for shorthand---if one of you savvy tech types wants to spend 90 seconds changing the internet forever.  

That tired, exhausted cliche that we all know as critical thinkers, "Every Accusation is a Confession"...just post this guy's hat as the shorthand meme.  

"Tell me two things about yourself"

"Pedophile.  Hunter."  

5 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

That idiot was the actual President of The United States of America.

I say it all the time, but there are days where I still can't believe it and it makes me wonder if I'm getting early dementia just thinking about it.

Hell, I can’t even fathom that Barack Hussein Obama held the office not once but twice. I feel like my mind is playing tricks on me.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wait you mean Truth Social might fail?

Now, almost two years later, the deal faces what could be a catastrophic threat. With the merger stalled for months, Digital World is fast approaching a Sept. 8 deadline for the merger to close and has scheduled a shareholder meeting for Tuesday in hopes of getting enough votes to extend the deadline another year.

If the vote fails, Digital World will be required by law to liquidate and return $300 million to its shareholders, leaving Trump’s company with nothing from the transaction.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Wait you mean Truth Social might fail?

Now, almost two years later, the deal faces what could be a catastrophic threat. With the merger stalled for months, Digital World is fast approaching a Sept. 8 deadline for the merger to close and has scheduled a shareholder meeting for Tuesday in hopes of getting enough votes to extend the deadline another year.

If the vote fails, Digital World will be required by law to liquidate and return $300 million to its shareholders, leaving Trump’s company with nothing from the transaction.

Trump kills everything around him.

Dolla Dolla bills yall.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

British folk can be insightful. From Twitter:

A British writer penned the best description of Donald Trump I’ve ever read:

“Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” 

A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief. 

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty. 

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness. 

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface. Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead. There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:

• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.

• You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man. 

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum. God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart. In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish: ‘My God… what… have… I… created?' If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.”

-Nate White

That’s a lot of word for tump is a cunt, baby. 

IMG_2296.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

British folk can be insightful. From Twitter:

A British writer penned the best description of Donald Trump I’ve ever read:

“Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” 

A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief. 

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty. 

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness. 

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface. Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead. There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:

• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.

• You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man. 

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum. God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart. In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish: ‘My God… what… have… I… created?' If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.”

-Nate White

That is gold

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness. 

FD63DC4A-52AA-469C-8C1C-475D28460E11.thumb.jpeg.6837712bac684ccffd1d3f769013767d.jpeg

The Brits really can turn a phrase.

And I do think from my recent trip that they have an excellent historical understanding of how to deal with people like Trump. 

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 3