A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

Biden has the same stutter he's had this whole time. Trump sounds more and more like a rambling old man at the nursing home. I'm not talking about the crazy that he says, that's worse but been there the whole time, I mean his voice in general, way more gravely and slow than before. He's losing it completely.

46 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Biden has the same stutter he's had this whole time. Trump sounds more and more like a rambling old man at the nursing home. I'm not talking about the crazy that he says, that's worse but been there the whole time, I mean his voice in general, way more gravely and slow than before. He's losing it completely.

He often sounds like his dentures have come unglued. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Go back and watch him just from 2016.  He's had significant decline to the point SNL has to keep finding new people to play him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Lol…SNL. Speaking of significant decline.

Maybe SNL has to keep finding new people to play Biden because Jason Sudeikis left the cast and Jim Carrey isn’t a regular member of the cast. Apparently James Austin Johnson (whoever that is) is the current Biden. Is he playing Biden because there just wasn’t anyone else capable of capturing the “significant decline?”

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Go back and watch him just from 2016.  He's had significant decline to the point SNL has to keep finding new people to play him.

I hadn't realized until I saw a clip of him debating in 2016. He actually looked sharp and was destroying everyone. Probably a big reason why he's not debating now.... he'd look like a crazy old man up there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Apparently James Austin Johnson (whoever that is) is the current Biden. Is he playing Biden because there just wasn’t anyone else capable of capturing the “significant decline?”

that guy's Biden is not even in the same ballpark as his Trump...his Trump is downright disturbing it's so accurate. uncanny valley shit, jibberish and all. 😳

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm curious how he's using the writer's strike to hone the impression/parroting.  Because Trump has clearly taken yet another mental step back, cognitively in the last few months.  He can still put on his charismatic show for the unwashed when he needs to after a break.  But now that he's hitting both the court trail and the campaign/fundraising trail hard again at his age and weight, he looks way more tired and disheveled and unaware than he did just 6 months ago.  

But as we've covered, what makes Johnson's impression of Trump so great is it's no send-up like so many SNL political sketches.  It's little twerks to shit Trump already says with no hamming it up, no scenery chewing, no going big.  Just him being Trump in all its salient simplicity.  And as stated above, it's the shifts on tone and pivots into nowhere that make it beyond belief.  

Chase as Ford, Aykroyd as Carter, Carvey as Bush, Ferrell as Bush II, Baldwin as Trump, even Hammond as Gore and Amy as Hillary.  These were all good and cemented in popular culture folklore.  They were funny as hell but they were live action cartoons.  We knew it and the comic knew it.  It was performative buffoonery.  Closest thing to playing as an accurate, though embellished, disturbingly but comforting silliness was Hartman as Clinton.  But Johnson keeps this up, as low-profile as he is, this will upend everything ever done about political parody since the invention of television.  

Watch yourself and listen to the studio audience this season when he does Trump again with all this new material to work with since last May.  You don't even really smile that much, and the TV laughter isn't even that robust.  It's like we're all just stuck in this trance of "Wait, he's doing a former President?  Like an actual American President?"  When he does that connect-the-dots thing on FoxNews when he has the 5-7 talking points and connects them all at the end.  It's insane.  The craziest fucking part is he didn't even show off the impression until after he was cast.  He was the "Western Union Guy" from better call Saul when Lorne's people called him in because he had some funny impression tapes of a dozen famous people at :30 each.  None of which is particularly hilarious, but it did show the range of his comedic chops.  And the writer's consciously decided to not overwrite for his Trump, just re-order the shit Trump usually rants on about in a more subtle fashion.  And voila.  best shit I've ever seen.

How did this man ever get elected? What happened to us?

A report from The Atlantic revealed Thursday that Milley had chosen Army captain Luis Avila, who is severely wounded after serving in five combat tours, to sing "God Bless America" at the 2019 Armed Forces Welcome Ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall because, to him and several other Army generals, Avila represented the dignity, strength and sacrifice of wounded soldiers. Avila had lost a leg in an IED attack while serving in Afghanistan in 2011 and suffered two strokes, two heart attacks and brain damage as a result of his injuries.

After Trump went over to congratulate the captain for his performance, the then-president asked Milley, who as JCS chairman served as Trump's principal military adviser, within earshot of others, "Why do you bring people like that here? No one wants to see that, the wounded." He also told Milley to never let Avila make a public appearance again.

"These sorts of moments, which would grow in intensity and velocity, were disturbing to Milley. As a veteran of multiple combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, he had buried 242 soldiers who'd served under his command," The Atlantic's Jeffery Goldberg writes. "Milley's family venerated the military, and Trump's attitude toward the uniformed services seemed superficial, callous, and, at the deepest human level, repugnant.

• Rage+1 8

3 hours ago, Satchel said:

How did this man ever get elected? What happened to us?

A report from The Atlantic revealed Thursday that Milley had chosen Army captain Luis Avila, who is severely wounded after serving in five combat tours, to sing "God Bless America" at the 2019 Armed Forces Welcome Ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall because, to him and several other Army generals, Avila represented the dignity, strength and sacrifice of wounded soldiers. Avila had lost a leg in an IED attack while serving in Afghanistan in 2011 and suffered two strokes, two heart attacks and brain damage as a result of his injuries.

After Trump went over to congratulate the captain for his performance, the then-president asked Milley, who as JCS chairman served as Trump's principal military adviser, within earshot of others, "Why do you bring people like that here? No one wants to see that, the wounded." He also told Milley to never let Avila make a public appearance again.

"These sorts of moments, which would grow in intensity and velocity, were disturbing to Milley. As a veteran of multiple combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, he had buried 242 soldiers who'd served under his command," The Atlantic's Jeffery Goldberg writes. "Milley's family venerated the military, and Trump's attitude toward the uniformed services seemed superficial, callous, and, at the deepest human level, repugnant.

Because that's who we are.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 4
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I really don’t care what bullshit Trump posts on fake Twitter. It’s like quoting a troll that isn’t even posting on this board. Okay it’s not “like” that. It’s exactly that.

Hey! Look at the toxic sludge Trump fake tweeted today!

No thanks, I’m good. 

Yep, I just keep on scrolling. 

42 minutes ago, Red Five said:

One time Howard Dean ended a sentence with a weird noise at a rally and it ended his political career.

I mean, it was actually the shit showing at the primary that led up to the weird noise that ended his presidential run, but he managed to lead the Democratic Party afterwards. So he did OK.

So, one magat spin on the Milley article is that his calls to his Chinese and other counterparts assuring them of the stability of the "regime" are treason, and that Milley should be hung.

Well, no, they aren't treason, ya bunch of assholes, any more than a bunch of the stuff Trump did is not treason.

Nor is it explicitly illegal, also like a lot of the stuff Trump did. 

Certainly somewhat outside the norms, but in a situation that was outside the norms.

This is why I think it's probably a good idea to keep outrage tethered to reality, legal and otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, one magat spin on the Milley article is that his calls to his Chinese and other counterparts assuring them of the stability of the "regime" are treason, and that Milley should be hung.

Well, no, they aren't treason, ya bunch of assholes, any more than a bunch of the stuff Trump did is not treason.

Nor is it explicitly illegal, also like a lot of the stuff Trump did. 

Certainly somewhat outside the norms, but in a situation that was outside the norms.

This is why I think it's probably a good idea to keep outrage tethered to reality, legal and otherwise.

Near the end of the day on 1/6, Trump filmed and released a video statement decrying the people who stormed the Capitol and announcing that Biden would be sworn in. It looked exactly like a hostage video and if you told me Milley was just off to the side pointing a gun at his head, I’d believe it.

More likely though, is that Milley was the one who told him the military wouldn’t support his coup and that he’d be arrested on Inauguration Day if he didn’t leave voluntarily.

Whichever it is, that’s why he’s pissed at Milley, not this shit he’s spouting about a call to China.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

On 9/5/2023 at 7:48 PM, 6th Street said:

It's funny because EV penetration in China is among the highest in the world. Multiple new EV companies such as Nio, Xpeng, BYD, Geely, and Zeekr have popped up and gained significant share from legacy OEMs such as VW and GM.

On 9/5/2023 at 7:51 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

Yeah, but do you think Eusaw in Toadsuck, Arkansas is going to know that, or even care if that is told to him?  To he and his friends and family, that's fake news.

Plus our constant state of war has named China as the new central enemy. Of course we're at war with China. We've always been at war with China. 

China does mean things like spy on us, put navy fleets on the seas near their coastline, try to influence other countries to gain better alliances. Things we would never do!

They want to steal our economy! They want more of the market!

Now that we all know everything about China, let's all agree that they are the new bogey man. Speak their name to the yokels and even many non-yokels and they all know what to think feel.

And let's be sure to keep pumping money into the War Department (really never should have bothered to change the name) because we like to imagine us solving our problems by invading people.

China does some sinister shit, no doubt, but are they actually an existential threat worthy of the hysteria being built around them? I sincerely doubt it.

Don't matter though. This constant state of war or near-war is a status quo that serves too many people. Trump invokes it at the dullest level to appeal to the dullest people who like black and white.

What a shit show.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Plus our constant state of war has named China as the new central enemy. Of course we're at war with China. We've always been at war with China. 

China does mean things like spy on us, put navy fleets on the seas near their coastline, try to influence other countries to gain better alliances. Things we would never do!

They want to steal our economy! They want more of the market!

Now that we all know everything about China, let's all agree that they are the new bogey man. Speak their name to the yokels and even many non-yokels and they all know what to think feel.

And let's be sure to keep pumping money into the War Department (really never should have bothered to change the name) because we like to imagine us solving our problems by invading people.

China does some sinister shit, no doubt, but are they actually an existential threat worthy of the hysteria being built around them? I sincerely doubt it.

Don't matter though. This constant state of war or near-war is a status quo that serves too many people. Trump invokes it at the dullest level to appeal to the dullest people who like black and white.

What a shit show.

Without disputing anything you say, from a realpolitik standpoint, America started to really lose its way after the Iron Curtain fell.  We just seem to do better with a national enemy to galvanize what seems to be our disparate hordes.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Without disputing anything you say, from a realpolitik standpoint, America started to really lose its way after the Iron Curtain fell.  We just seem to do better with a national enemy to galvanize what seems to be our disparate hordes.

Except that now we have two pretty obvious enemies that are acting in ways that are very adverse to our interests, Russia & China, and one party seems to think that one is kinda OK, and the other is not ok.  I wonder why they would make that distinction?

• Hook 'Em 6

Not sure where to put this but since she played a prominent role in the Jan 6 Committee investigation I’ll put it here. In case anyone is interested, Cassidy Hutchinson will be the guest on Rachel Maddow’s show tonight. She’s hawking her new book, I’m not sure how much more there is in it that we haven’t already heard. I don’t know how much time they’ll spend on the salacious creeper stories about Rudy. She’s going to be on Deadline White House with Nicolle Wallace on Wednesday and it’s probably safe to assume she’ll make the rounds on the Sunday morning talk shows. But Rachel gets her first and I figure maybe she’ll give her the most air time.

Just thought I’d share. 

In just one week-Trump switched from defeating Clinton in 2016 to defeating Obama in the same year.  Then Biden will lead us into WWII, not WWIII.  And now, Jeb Bush invaded the Middle East shortly before Trump defeated him in the 2015-16 Primary season?  I have that about right?  All this while the 2020 election was STOLLEN from him by the Clintons, the Obamas, the Bushes, a Mister Ronan Sinatra, and the ringleader of it all?  You guessed it!  Astrologer, Jackie Stallone!  

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

How do we get Milley on a ballot?

Yeah, the guy that decked out in battle garb when they cracked skulls in front of dotard’s bible publicity stunt?  Fuck that.  Standing in the way of the insurrection is biggest Chris Rock, “That’s what you supposed to do, mother fucker.” moment of his career. You shouldn’t get rewarded for doing the most basic necessities. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1