A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

14 hours ago, BamaATL said:

In fairness, when the building was built, 1983, in New York if you wanted concrete, you essentially wound up paying Paul Costellano head of the Gambino crime family at the time.  Funny true story, Costellano got a dick implant and bragged about prior to getting plugged at a Steakhouse by likely Sammy the Bull.  You can't make this shit up.  

We need more guys with the middle name "The."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Those do not seem like things that Dotard covets. 

"Reliable + low-drama" translates to "yes man who knows how to stay out of the spotlight" in Trump-speak.

Plus, he's short. Can't have anyone on the ticket that threatens Trump's (lack of) manhood.

Edited by GhostOfTomJoad
  • Hook 'Em 5

18 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

"Reliable + low-drama" translates to "yes man who knows how to stay out of the spotlight" in Trump-speak.

Plus, he's short. Can't have anyone on the ticket that threatens Trump's (lack of) manhood.

Yep. Same reason he chose Pence. 

Select a braindead mute who won't touch my spotlight

• Hook 'Em 2

Plus, it gives cover fire for the "conservatives" who totally disagree w/ the GQP, J6, think Trump's rhetoric is too inflammatory, etc., to say "see, he's going to have a level-headed #2 in his administration which proves he's learning to become more presidential. He certainly won't repeat all of the mistakes he made last time."

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

5 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Plus, it gives cover fire for the "conservatives" who totally disagree w/ the GQP, J6, think Trump's rhetoric is too inflammatory, etc., to say "see, he's going to have a level-headed #2 in his administration which proves he's learning to become more presidential. He certainly won't repeat all of the mistakes he made last time."

These.

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I still laugh at how Pence would spend the first 3-4 minutes of every single appearance homoerotically describing Trump's courage, wisdom, and manliness. I halfway expected him to scream "Trump makes my taco pop!"

Edited by Blotto
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Burgum = boring

Plus categories 

- makes dotard’s eyebrows look normal

- sure to carry N Dakota and it’s 3 electoral college votes that have gone R since 1968

- can’t possibly add any drama to the campaign

- homogenizes the ticket with weird old white guys to solidify the R brand and not confuse the coalition of white nationalist, racist, tradwife, confederate heritage, bathroom monitors 

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Palestinian Supporter: I won't vote for Biden because he sends weapons to Israel

ME: Even if the other guy wants Israel to kill all Palestinians and Muslims?

Palestinian Supporter: I just can't support Biden

Me: FML

This.  It is readily apparent that we swim in a fucking ocean of stupidity, with functionally no rafts to cling to.  It's stupid, in every direction, as far as the eye can see.  Right, left, all of it.  Stupidity is our brand.  We might as well just put "WE ARE SO FUCKING STUPID" on all of our coinage.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We might as well just put "WE ARE SO FUCKING STUPID" on all of our coinage.

SUMUS SIC FUCKING RETUSUS

E Pluribus Unum has been there too long, time for a change anyways.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  It is readily apparent that we swim in a fucking ocean of stupidity, with functionally no rafts to cling to.  It's stupid, in every direction, as far as the eye can see.  Right, left, all of it.  Stupidity is our brand.  We might as well just put "WE ARE SO FUCKING STUPID" on all of our coinage.

It's more that people can't see much further down the road than what is immediately in front of them, causal effects be damned (if even considered).

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

What is deporting 11 million people going to do to inflation and the economy!? JFC, you think things are expensive now, how much is it going to cost to frame a house/buy a package of strawberries/go out to eat/literally everything that laborers touch?

The same stupid fuckers who say things like "no one wants to work anymore" can't see any problems with this?

Not to mention the pure evil of ripping that many families apart, but they don't care about that. (probably a welcomed side effect actually)

If it didn't also come with a complete end to Democracy, and living in a fascist state with an uncertain future for my son, I would 100% be cheering for this to happen to watch all of these people get exactly that for which they have asked. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If it didn't also come with a complete end to Democracy, and living in a fascist state with an uncertain future for my son, I would 100% be cheering for this to happen to watch all of these people get exactly that for which they have asked. 

This is why Babble is teaching me Portuguese.   I’d rather be reading about it from the sunny Portuguese coast

• Hook 'Em 4

And processing plants. Chicken nuggets and everything else processed will skyrocket. All construction, the hospitality industry, any of the jobs "real" Americans won't do. Ever been in a processing plant? I have. Not a pleasant work environment. 

Good thing they're lowering the minimum age for dangerous work environments in Arkansas and a few midwest states.

10 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
20 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:
This is why Babble is teaching me Portuguese.   I’d rather be reading about it from the sunny Portuguese coast

Dude, can I stay in your gardener's shed? I'll tend your garden and promise not to fuck your wife.

You are welcome to stay in my gardener’s shed. You are also welcome to fuck my ex-wife anytime you’d like, but you’d have to travel to Louisiana from Portugal to do it. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

What is deporting 11 million people going to do to inflation and the economy!? JFC, you think things are expensive now, how much is it going to cost to frame a house/buy a package of strawberries/go out to eat/literally everything that laborers touch?

The same stupid fuckers who say things like "no one wants to work anymore" can't see any problems with this?

Not to mention the pure evil of ripping that many families apart, but they don't care about that. (probably a welcomed side effect actually)

My post immediately before yours. They see a problem that there are too many "illegals" who are sucking up local resources so let's get rid of them ASAP. It's especially a big deal in our Texas economy that depend on these folks to work in our restaurants, build homes, do yard work, clean houses -- all the shit we do not want to do ourselves. Guess what -- run these people off and you're either doing it yourself or paying somebody MORE to do the job.

• Hook 'Em 2

You are welcome to stay in my gardener’s shed. You are also welcome to fuck my ex-wife anytime you’d like, but you’d have to travel to Louisiana from Portugal to do it. 
Dat new Spirit flight from Lisbon to Crowley is gonna come in handy! I won't be able to bring any Boudain back with them crazy baggage fees tho.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

And logistics. 3PLs use a lot of temporary labor.
I’m probably simplifying it but I think this crackdown on undocumented workers is a significant reason for inflation.
My painter is legit, as are his entire crew as far as I know. They'd usually have a bunch of new helpers that likely were not legal, doing shit like clean up and taping off. Those guys are gone, I have a 2 month waiting list on paint, my personal house has been differing maintenance for 5 years because all my crews are booked and can't find labor.

So you've got painter's with decades of experience earning $30 to tape off floors.
Yeah shits going to be expensive.

I all started when that plane crashed in Los Gatos Canyon.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
22 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Dat new Spirit flight from Lisbon to Crowley is gonna come in handy! I won't be able to bring any Boudain back with them crazy baggage fees tho.

Wall cher, ain’t nobody wants ta miss dat dere Rice Festival!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Palestinian Supporter: I won't vote for Biden because he sends weapons to Israel

ME: Even if the other guy wants Israel to kill all Palestinians and Muslims?

Palestinian Supporter: I just can't support Biden

Me: FML

We do a decent amount of work in MI and I'm hearing this a lot, from people who hate Trump...they won't vote for Trump and they would have voted for Biden, and now will sit at home.  It's a "Biden is fucking my people (nonsense, I know), so I guess Trump will fuck all of you now."  Yes, it makes zero sense but there's a lot of browns that can swing MI and it's a real worry.  I still thing Biden is looking solid but that war could be what swings this thing...

• Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:

Dude, can I stay in your gardener's shed? I'll tend your garden and promise not to fuck your wife.

Can I stay in your gardener’s shed as well?

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

We do a decent amount of work in MI and I'm hearing this a lot, from people who hate Trump...they won't vote for Trump and they would have voted for Biden, and now will sit at home.  It's a "Biden is fucking my people (nonsense, I know), so I guess Trump will fuck all of you now."  Yes, it makes zero sense but there's a lot of browns that can swing MI and it's a real worry.  I still thing Biden is looking solid but that war could be what swings this thing...

Then when they are all deported by the Trump administration or their families aren't allowed in the US because of the even larger Muslim Ban that he enacts, I will feel not one ounce of sympathy for any of them. If you want to turn into a one-issue voter intent on ensuring the destruction of this country, you deserve every terrible thing that's coming your way. If these morons think Trump and Biden are the same then enjoy the utter hell that's mostly unleashed on your people. Enjoy Gaza being totally wiped off the face of the Earth, even more starvation with little to zero US aid, massive restrictions on foreign work visas, removal of people who protest against what will happen in Gaza, and all the other terrible things that side is telling you they mostly certainly will do. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Royal We said:

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

It would destroy Texas’s economy.  And I mean destroy it. There would be so many million- and billion-dollar companies that would have to fold or shrink way down.  Hell, a shitload of local six-figure companies would go under as well. People truly do not realize how the economy in Texas works.  Quite a few family farm and ranches would find themselves being sold off by the banks.

I’ve told relatives who espouse this shit just what it would mean - imagine replacing the Mexican who mows their lawn or puts a new roof on their house with an “American” who wants twice as much (or more) money and half-as-many hours,nor the Honduran who changes the oil or tires on their truck, or the Guatemalan who harvests the tomatoes they eat, or the Mexican who brings their food out at the restaurant, or the Nicaraguan who works the kitchen there, or the Brazilian who fucks their wife or daughter, or the Panamanian or Costa Rican who cleans the hotel room they stay in, or the Mexican who cleans their home, or the Guatemalan who cleans the bathrooms and empties the trash at work, or the Venezuelan or Salvadoran that repaves the street in their area or helps build their dream home - imagine replacing all of those jobs and many more with Americans with 2-3 the price of non-Americans, and probably higher because the labor market will be turbofucked,  Not to mention all of the businesses that sell to these people, that would also go under.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Then when they are all deported by the Trump administration or their families aren't allowed in the US because of the even larger Muslim Ban that he enacts, I will feel not one ounce of sympathy for any of them. If you want to turn into a one-issue voter intent on ensuring the destruction of this country, you deserve every terrible thing that's coming your way. If these morons think Trump and Biden are the same then enjoy the utter hell that's mostly unleashed on your people. Enjoy Gaza being totally wiped off the face of the Earth, even more starvation with little to zero US aid, massive restrictions on foreign work visas, removal of people who protest against what will happen in Gaza, and all the other terrible things that side is telling you they mostly certainly will do. 

Agreed.  But you can’t reason w these people.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Quite a few family farm and ranches would find themselves being sold off by the banks.

Think about how long it takes to build anything in Texas, then try to calculate the added delays that would come if 11 million laborers suddenly vanished, and then multiply that by every project and planned project, and tell me how much money would get lit on fire due to those delays? How many of these investors would pull out of these projects? How many of these MAGA dipshits will get left holding the bag? Gonna be a lot of divorce court proceedings

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It would destroy Texas’s economy.  And I mean destroy it. There would be so many million- and billion-dollar companies that would have to fold or shrink way down.  Hell, a shitload of local six-figure companies would go under as well. People truly do not realize how the economy in Texas works.  Quite a few family farm and ranches would find themselves being sold off by the banks.

I’ve told relatives who espouse this shit just what it would mean - imagine replacing the Mexican who mows their lawn or puts a new roof on their house with an “American” who wants twice as much (or more) money and half-as-many hours,nor the Honduran who changes the oil or tires on their truck, or the Guatemalan who harvests the tomatoes they eat, or the Mexican who brings their food out at the restaurant, or the Nicaraguan who works the kitchen there, or the Brazilian who fucks their wife or daughter, or the Panamanian or Costa Rican who cleans the hotel room they stay in, or the Mexican who cleans their home, or the Guatemalan who cleans the bathrooms and empties the trash at work, or the Venezuelan or Salvadoran that repaves the street in their area or helps build their dream home - imagine replacing all of those jobs and many more with Americans with 2-3 the price of non-Americans, and probably higher because the labor market will be turbofucked,  Not to mention all of the businesses that sell to these people, that would also go under.

This is the problem I see with a lot of "conservatives" I know: they don't think shit through. I put quotes around "conservative" because they're actually just knee-jerk reactionaries. Yours is a great example.

• Another would be the lower-my-taxes-no-matter-what crowd (Roads will crumble, yo. That fire truck won't pay for itself.).
  • Or the I-want-God-back-in-school (Are you sure you want *their* god in your kid's school?).
  • And the people-shouldn't-be-on-welfare folks (Cool. So, are you willing to have your mother-in-law, who's on social security, move in with you?).

I imagine most of them are really shitty chess players, as they can't seem to think more than a step or two ahead.

Of course, this applies to some liberals as well, mostly younger people, but the majority of them eventually grow out of it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Think about how long it takes to build anything in Texas, then try to calculate the added delays that would come if 11 million laborers suddenly vanished, and then multiply that by every project and planned project, and tell me how much money would get lit on fire due to those delays? How many of these investors would pull out of these projects? How many of these MAGA dipshits will get left holding the bag? Gonna be a lot of divorce court proceedings

As long as it doesn’t affect housing inventory in a manor that would drive prices sky high again. 

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

This is why I believe the conspiracy theory that Russia and Iran colluded to get Hamas to attack when they did. 

Distraction from Ukraine and upsets the political system in the US. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Then maybe it does just need to be burned down so those people can see just how bad things truly can get. If we as a nation re-elect him after all he did prior and what he's DEFINITELY saying he will do when he's back in office then we deserve our fate and the destruction of this country. And all of this because a black man became President and really didn't do all that much but try to give people who needed it government sponsored health care. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Then maybe it does just need to be burned down so those people can see just how bad things truly can get. If we as a nation re-elect him after all he did prior and what he's DEFINITELY saying he will do when he's back in office then we deserve our fate and the destruction of this country. And all of this because a black man became President and really didn't do all that much but try to give people who needed it government sponsored health care. 

We do not want to go down the road of giving the fascists the reigns of power back. It doesn't end up great for the people that are caught in the blast of killing all the fucking fascists

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

True, but you can watch as they shoot themselves in the dick and bring down the Global economy along with their penile removed selves. Good times.
  • Hook 'Em 1

This is the problem I see with a lot of "conservatives" I know: they don't think shit through. I put quotes around "conservative" because they're actually just knee-jerk reactionaries. Yours is a great example.
  • Another would be the lower-my-taxes-no-matter-what crowd (Roads will crumble, yo. That fire truck won't pay for itself.).
  • Or the I-want-God-back-in-school (Are you sure you want *their* god in your kid's school?).
  • And the people-shouldn't-be-on-welfare folks (Cool. So, are you willing to have your mother-in-law, who's on social security, move in with you?).
I imagine most of them are really shitty chess players, as they can't seem to think more than a step or two ahead.
Of course, this applies to some liberals as well, mostly younger people, but the majority of them eventually grow out of it.
I suspect they suck at Checkers as well, and Candyland. Probably flip the board over with Monopoly.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

We do not want to go down the road of giving the fascists the reigns of power back. It doesn't end up great for the people that are caught in the blast of killing all the fucking fascists

Yeah but Biden took away my Tik Tok. Burn it down!

And mocked dear leader, whom we are all mysteriously beholden to.