A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So she got bitch slapped by the 11th and amended her order because she knew she was extremely wrong?

Yes.  She could have held off on doing so, giving TFG a chance to appeal to SCOTUS.  But she seems sufficiently chastened by the 11th circuit's ruling (and it's pretty damn solid reasoning) that she went ahead and just fixed the fuckup.  Let TFG try to appeal THIS version of the order....he really has shit for a basis to do so, and unless the current special master's work is stayed (a process that will have to go back through the 11th cir.), the whole thing will be moot soon.  The master will be done with his job, and that's that.

• Hook 'Em 3

I’ve posted this before, but declassifying by thinking about it and not telling anyone is like Schroedinger’s top secret documents. They’re classified and not classified at the same time, and when the FBI opens your closet at Mar-a-Lago the alternate realties collapse into each other. 

81cf1fcb68495443a762b2f749de59df.jpg
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

perfect, many thanks.

sounds this way to me, but always happy to find out what's happening in greater detail.

i think it's not only "knowing she was extremely wrong" and it may have more to do with reaching the level of embarrassment she was comfortable with.  it's one thing to stick your neck out trying to do trump's bidding, but yet another when the sword is raised in king's landing.  might be time to clean up your nonsense a bit.

Yeah, I think judges do mostly retain the capability to be embarrassed, unlike most Trumpkins.

Some judges basically give zero fucks whether the court ot appeals agrees with them or not, but do as they're told.  Others grumble a bit about it and refuse to concede their errors, but grudgingly do as they're told.

Based on the speculation here, you'd think Cannon would fax the 11th Circuit a copy of her ass, rather than the thank you sir may I have another that she has done.

• Haha 2

There’s no such thing as only the president knowing a document is declassified.  Without the process, people can be convicted of crimes they shouldn’t be. 

can he classify documents in his mind also?  Why would one be allowed and not the other?  Why not mentally classify something an opponent would hav reason to possess, then arrest them for possession of classified materials?  Classify any documents related to a criminal investigation, or claim he had done previously, so that they can’t be used in court?

nobody can tell the potus no (if that’s even true) as the ultimate authority, but there still has to be a record of it.

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

there's no point in pardoning a dead man walking.  Nixon lived 20 years after his pardon.  Trump will likely die of natural causes before January 2025.  The entire Republican Party is banking on it.  We know, due to his narcissist sociopath tendencies, he is literally incapable of taking his own life.  So it will fall to one of his children or handlers to put something in the food supply at Mar-a-Lago and let him go peacefully in his sleep in late 2023/early 2024.  What happens after that though, with the party and the lawsuits...that's anybody's guess.  

All the former Presidents live in private single-family residences except Trump.  He confines himself, voluntarily I might add, to a resort that accepts commercial kitchen deliveries.  All the other former Presidents eat at random restaurants and cook at home with ingredients sourced from a variety of grocers with myriad supply chains, the options are limitless.  Trump eats 85%+ of his meals from one kitchen which gets its foodstuffs from one supplier on two set days of the week.  And he only orders 1 of 6 meals 2x/day.  The math is not in his favor.  Somebody close to him is going to help him take the easy way out, if nature doesn't do it first.  He's no longer the issue, the issue is what happens after he's gone.  

I don't personally think he'll off himself, but contrary to your statement, suicide is definitely a thing among narcissists:

Suicidal wishes are not rare in those with narcissistic personality disorder. However, the factors contributing to suicide among narcissistic individuals are not well understood. Paul Links  has pointed out that with patients on the narcissistic spectrum, the wish to kill oneself can emerge without the presence of a depressed state. Indeed, suicidal feelings may grow out of a desperate need to regulate self-esteem or protect a pathological self-image of perfection. In addition, an acute narcissistic injury can produce intense shame to the point where suicide seems like the only option. Whereas guilty individuals may feel they are not living up to a standard, shame-prone patients, such as vulnerable narcissists, have the sense of being irreparably defective.

https://annals-general-psychiatry.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12991-022-00380-8

• Like 1

So does DOJ still care about the special master now that the classified docs are excluded?

Maybe. I doubt they care for this case. But they may want the whole thing struck as bad precedent. They’re not going to want people accused of white collar crimes filing suits to appoint special masters any time documents are seized pursuant to a search warrant
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

I don't personally think he'll off himself, but contrary to your statement, suicide is definitely a thing among narcissists:

https://annals-general-psychiatry.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12991-022-00380-8

Legit psychiatric study seems legit.  However, I'm guessing most of the people they studied didn't have round-the-clock security preventing them from slicing their wrists, handling a firearm, drowning intentionally, jumping from a height, walking in front of a bus, overdose, etc.  Trump does.  It'll have to be food-based and his detail will have to look the other way while it's happening.  Or Eric is gonna have to put the pill into a piece of cheese like you would with your dog's heartworm medication.  Either way, the cover is there.  He was getting along in years and wasn't in great shape.  Lotsa fat people carrying all that stress die in their late 70's in Florida.  Sure Ronny Jackson will claim that the finest physical specimen the world has seen since Paul "Mr. Wonderful" Orndorf is gone...but even he will accept the autopsy results.  

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I'm a few pages behind (story of my life), but hopefully something like losing this lawsuit and destroying his business leads to his eventual suicide. That would honestly be the best outcome for the country humanity, imo.

Maybe his butt buddy Putin will have his goons throw him out the window of his 33,000-SF penthouse onto Fifth Avenue.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Maybe. I doubt they care for this case. But they may want the whole thing struck as bad precedent. They’re not going to want people accused of white collar crimes filing suits to appoint special masters any time documents are seized pursuant to a search warrant

The order on the stay certainly seems to bode ill for the entire Special Master Order.  So, I would expect DOJ to carry through with the appeal, because it looks like a winner.

But I'm not sure they care much about the proceeding anymore.  Looks like Dearie is trending their way so it could be a win-win-win.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Trump's ridiculous hair was on peak ridiculousness level during that Hannity interview. It was taller. I think he should make his hair two inches taller for every legal battle that doesn't go his way. 

Worked (not really) for Phil Spector

phil-spector.gif

• Haha 8

23 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There’s no such thing as only the president knowing a document is declassified.  Without the process, people can be convicted of crimes they shouldn’t be. 

No, see, he put it on double secret declassification, which is very legal and very cool.  It was a perfect declassification.  A lot of people are saying that it was the best declassification ever.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The order on the stay certainly seems to bode ill for the entire Special Master Order.  So, I would expect DOJ to carry through with the appeal, because it looks like a winner.

But I'm not sure they care much about the proceeding anymore.  Looks like Dearie is trending their way so it could be a win-win-win.

Aren't there still some non-classified documents he's asserting executive privilege as a basis for returning them to him? If so, they'll certainly want to carry through with the appeal.

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but unless Dearie rules that 100% of the documents are personal effects of Donald Trump, he essentially makes the government’s case no?

20 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, I care what texags thinks about this issue about as much as I care what Insane Clown Posse thinks about magnets.

I didn't know my kid was building pipe bombs in his room! 

Gotta look under the bed sometimes to see what they are up to.b

18 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I didn't know my kid was building pipe bombs in his room! 

Gotta look under the bed sometimes to see what they are up to.b

Other than going over there for another cup of tears my visits there have not been unlike a visit to an old folks home; some incoherent yelling, lots of crazy talk about imaginary foes, and a hint of stale piss.

Yeah, @Ag with kids won't say any of that shit over here. 

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, interesting.  First off, it's somewhat gratifying that she accepted the rebuke.  She didn't have to do that.  And yes, by actually modifying her order, I think she mooted the issue for further consideration by the 11th Circuit or by SCOTUS, in the DOJ's appeal.

I guess Trump might now be able to appeal the modification of the order, though.

Maybe. But the standard for any such appeal would be much less favorable to Trump. 

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Took the words out of my mouth.

His minions will murder her ass if he tells them to.

Which is why I'm convinced she ruled as she intially did.  Not because she was paid off, or that beholden to Lord God King Trump, but rather, she was scared shitless of the ramifications if she did rule against him.

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Which is why I'm convinced she ruled as she intially did.  Not because she was paid off, or that beholden to Lord God King Trump, but rather, she was scared shitless of the ramifications if she did rule against him.

Brisket already explained it, but I'm sure as the story unfolds between now and the usual media pause late afternoon Friday, he can update us.  But she pretty much did the wise thing for HER sakes.  She sided with team MAGA, and blundered/befuddled herself just enough in the process.  The 11th picked it apart and returned it to her with little wiggle room, so she gets to adhere to their overturning of her fuckups as "just doing my job."  The ball returns to the court of the DoJ, she didn't really fuck over Trump or her own career, and what happens after this...she becomes more of a footnote to history rather than a partisan driver.  She has 40 years on the federal bench to think about, she'll get elevated by a GOP President one day and can look back at confirmation hearings one day and tell a GOP Chair/Vice-Chair, "I ruled on the facts as I saw them given what the Special Master, DoJ, and then former President Trump issued me.  And I stand by my ruling.:"  And neither side will have much of a beef with it.  She was a little over-zealous but restrained.  She took the overruling like a low-level associate taking a shitty performance review from the shift manager.  Six months from now, nobody will remember her name.  Just as she planned.  And she'll be a Circuit Court judge before she's 50.  Not bad 

• Like 1

All these legal issues will converge on Trump and by then his dementia will have kicked in and he will be like the ailing mob boss who is too nuts to stand trial.  Will spend his last days drooling on himself with home health care. 

Edited by CTC2

9 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

All these legal issues will converge on Trump and by then his dementia will have kicked in and he will be like the ailing mob boss who is too nuts to stand trial.  Will spend his last days drooling on himself with home health care. 

You know his kids aren't going to spring for quality care, either. He'll get the once a week sponge bath at the Medicare rate. 

52 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

image.gif.77650dedd5ce8c984b04ead9ede324af.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I think, and hope, that this was seriously discussed by the NSA as an option if he won another term.  And maybe it would come into play if he were elected again.

The problem is that if an autopsy shows that he was murdered, it's Civil War II: AR Boogaloo.

And yes, I know that there are undetectable poisons.  But the whole thing seems open to fuckery by lots of people who want fuckery...

I mean, if you give him one of those Russian radiation doses, it'll look like Putin was taking out one of his traitors. Win/Win. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement