A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

There will be Donald Trump sightings and conspiracy theories about this death still going strong 50 years after he finally dies.

That chair from last night will have nightmares about Trump’s dump truck ass for 50 years 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, interesting.  First off, it's somewhat gratifying that she accepted the rebuke.  She didn't have to do that.  And yes, by actually modifying her order, I think she mooted the issue for further consideration by the 11th Circuit or by SCOTUS, in the DOJ's appeal.

I guess Trump might now be able to appeal the modification of the order, though.

Is there anything in the order subject to an interlocutory appeal at this point?  I would tend to think not.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Of course.  These same fuckwit Q folks think that JFK is coming back.  

It's not JFK!  It's JFK, Jr.  And he's not coming back.  He's already back and running the shadow government, okay?  It's not Qanon, it's ConfederatedAnon...it's a different party, it's a different quality of leadership, okay?  Ask Biff Tannen, he'll tell you...

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The appellate ruling is heartening. I’m no legal scholar and I know overturns on appeals happen. I also know judges don’t generally like them to happen.  

It strikes me that a slap down of this extent doesn’t build confidence in our judiciary.  It wasn’t really a fine point of law, this reads to me as the legal equivalent of “Judge Cannon is wrong about everything and should feel bad.”  So my choices on Cannon are either that she’s really bad at law stuff or she decided to show extreme deference to a former POTUS out of either fear or loyalty. 

And I wonder what kind of law people without the resources of the US DOJ are getting when they go into her courtroom. 

I think the judge was being willfully wrongheaded. She’s a honors graduate of Michigan Law.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

He ain’t suffering these fools

On Wednesday night, Trump suggested that the FBI planted evidence during the search. He asked Fox News’ Sean Hannity, “Did they drop anything into those piles” of materials taken from Mar-a-Lago, “or did they do it later?”

When asked by Hannity if there is video of that, Trump said, “Nah, I don’t think so.”

sad.

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Which is why I'm convinced she ruled as she intially did.  Not because she was paid off, or that beholden to Lord God King Trump, but rather, she was scared shitless of the ramifications if she did rule against him.

That's possible, but she could have much more easily avoided that by recusing herself from the case.  She had clear reason to do so.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

He ain’t suffering these fools

This absolutely pleases me to no end, and I realize that this kind of hearing is completely unprecedented, but... in a general case, is a judge/SMs supposed to be following a case in the media?  (Like jurors are not?)  Any chance that when this is over and Trump is found guilty (hey, humor me for a second), that having the SM pull info from the media and not the court record gives Trump grounds for a strong appeal?

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This absolutely pleases me to no end, and I realize that this kind of hearing is completely unprecedented, but... in a general case, is a judge/SMs supposed to be following a case in the media?  (Like jurors are not?)  Any chance that when this is over and Trump is found guilty (hey, humor me for a second), that having the SM pull info from the media and not the court record gives Trump grounds for a strong appeal?

judges look at inadmissible stuff all the time.  they are the ones to decide if something is admissible or not.  jury is differently positioned.  they are supposed to be beyond that barrier.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Aren't there still some non-classified documents he's asserting executive privilege as a basis for returning them to him? If so, they'll certainly want to carry through with the appeal.

Yes, executive privilege is at least potentially on the table for everything else and there is potential for that to go wrong at any turn, Dearie, Cannon, etc.

Given that the appeal seems to have a pretty decisive panel, they may actually rule that EP categorically cannot apply to the use of these documents in a prosecution.  I think that's the right result, however you get there, but I could see all kinds of procedural shenanigans arising that could impede a less decisive panel from "going there."

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Walser said:

We really should vote Hunter out of office.

Crack wise all you want, tomorrow morning...we could start a "Impeach Hunter Biden" website with a donation click box.  By Halloween, we'd have made a million dollars, easy.  I no longer give fuck one about the ethics, optics, or any other -cs.  I'll do in a fucking heartbeat.  My only concern isn't for the Republic, my soul, or my conscience.  Just that one of these lunatic assholes would track down my family.  Only thing keeping me from exploiting them for the easiest million one can make...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

53 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Like fucking clockwork:

Seriously, Joe, name him Adviser to the President, give him an office in the White Hiuse with a staff and a budget and security clearance. When we get the classified docs that Trump stole back, put him in charge of returning them to their rightful place.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Satchel said:

I think the judge was being willfully wrongheaded. She’s a honors graduate of Michigan Law.

She went out of her way to be partisan. Like commenting that the only document related leaks came after the DOJ searched his home, and not acknowledging the risk Trump could have already disclosed the info. Those smarmy comments were littered through her orders. 

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement