A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

Let me get this straight. If I rob a bank, and I write correspondence to my attorney on all the money, and the government arrest me for stealing money.  The government can’t use the correspondence on the money to prosecute me. Fine. But can’t the government use the fact that I have possession as evidence of a crime? 

Mark Cuban gif
Let me get this straight. If I rob a bank, and I write correspondence to my attorney on all the money, and the government arrest me for stealing money.  The government can’t use the correspondence on the money to prosecute me. Fine. But can’t the government use the fact that I have possession as evidence of a crime? 

Mark Cuban gif

19 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

If the Rs take the House in November, they will not certify the votes in 2024 and Biden won't win.  That is the plan.  

And for those of you who think the GQP plan is much more complicated than that.....it's not.

It does have the added layer of "control state legislatures to make it harder to vote, and have those legislatures refuse to certify any election where the GQP candidate doesn't win," but the core element is "control the House, and refuse to certify the election of any non-GQP candidate for POTUS."  

It's not an elaborate scheme.  They're just going to walk in and take it, right in front of you, and dare you to do something about it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

55 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Yes, in theory.  Or the unwritten-on hundos. 

But when the writing is on there, and is privileged, how are you going to use the bills as evidence of the crime without violating attorney-client privilege?  And if you violate the privilege have you not queered the investigation to some extent, at least?

But that strikes at the heart of the special master proceeding.  It separates those documents that may create a problematic prosecution from those that don't.

Trump seems to hope that all of the seized documents, for one reason or another, can't be used against him.  That's a delusional outcome.  The attorney-client privileged ones, yes, true.  The rest, most likely not.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yes, in theory.  Or the unwritten-on hundos. 

But when the writing is on there, and is privileged, how are you going to use the bills as evidence of the crime without violating attorney-client privilege?  And if you violate the privilege have you not queered the investigation to some extent, at least?

But that strikes at the heart of the special master proceeding.  It separates those documents that may create a problematic prosecution from those that don't.

Trump seems to hope that all of the seized documents, for one reason or another, can't be used against him.  That's a delusional outcome.  The attorney-client privileged ones, yes, true.  The rest, most likely not.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah, it’s pretty obvious Cannon is in the bag for Trump and making shit up on the fly to cover for him. The way to deal with her bullshit isn’t to validate it by behaving as if it’s normal process. The way to deal with it is to say she doesn’t have the power to do what she’s trying to do and ignore her.

There is ample precedent for executive branch ignore the judicial branch really what is she going to do?

Edited by Sawbonz
F ing talk to type
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

He's going to skate.  On all of it.

Why?  How?  I truly have no idea.  I've quit trying to understand.  Some things defy all logical explanation or understanding.  I am simply well aware that it is an ironclad, inviolable law of nature: Donald Trump is bulletproof.  Somehow, some way, for some reason (probably because humanity needs to be punished for something), that's the way it is.

There's no point in arguing "but not really, see the facts of this particular case, and this one.  And see the law.  There's no getting out of that!"  Yes there is.  How, I don't know...but there is.

He was 100% correct when he said he could shoot a man in the face and his supporters would stand by him.  He should have gone further, and said the remainder of the truth: he could do that without facing ANY consequences.  It's insane.  It's maddening.  It's the worst timeline imaginable.  But it's true.  

200.gif

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

He's going to skate.  On all of it.

Why?  How?  I truly have no idea.

Because half the people in a position to stop him are dumb enough to believe in Jade Helm, Pizza Gate and the righteousness of Donald Trump’s crusade to save America.  The other half want him to remain an albatross around the GOP’s neck through at least the midterms.

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Because half the people in a position to stop him are dumb enough to believe in Jade Helm, Pizza Gate and the righteousness of Donald Trump’s crusade to save America.  The other half want him to remain an albatross around the GOP’s neck through at least the midterms.

I wonder if the Turtle is rethinking his decision to not shoot DOTARD into the sun back in Jan 2021 yet.

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

The only really decent analogy is if an attorney and client communicated by writing on some of those stolen 100 dollar bills.  The 100 dollar bills are still evidence of the crime, but the writing on them is privileged and the contents of that writing cannot be used to prosecute the crime.  You can sit there and scream about crime-fraud exception like an infant, or you can actually look at what the writing says and whether it is in fact attorney-client privileged, or love notes, or a conspiracy to do more crimes (which then in fact would be subject to the crime-fraud exception).

Except it's not a crime to simply possess a $100 bill. There's a reasonable reason for you to have that. Ain't no reason for you to have a kilo of coke, and just like it's easy to separate the legal docs from the pile of coke, so too is it easy to separate things with classification markings from those without. At this point, the only reason we're doing this special master process is because we can't trust the judiciary to do that separation process, but we CAN trust the judiciary to make the right call on everything else? Lolwut?

It's fucking ridiculous that we are preventing the use of that evidence for further criminal law enforcement action, pending a superfluous and delaying review with its own long list of possible delaying tactics. It's all meant to delay until the republicans can get more power and kill the investigation and fully seize power. 

Open your fucking eyes man. They're not playing fucking tiddlywinks. 

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 3

Meh. The Trump Org will eventually pled guilty and pay a big fine. They won't admit guilt and claim at worst this was an accounting mistake by a low level employee. Trump will go take out loans in a 3rd world country and pay the NY AG.

Then Trump will make up any story he wants for social media. The wheels keep turning.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Meh. The Trump Org will eventually pled guilty and pay a big fine. They won't admit guilt and claim at worst this was an accounting mistake by a low level employee. Trump will go take out loans in a 3rd world country ask your Aunt Edna and all the other rubes for donations to help him save America and pay the NY AG.

Then Trump will keep half the money and make up any story he wants for social media. The wheels keep turning.

fixed for reality. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, F250 said:

lol I worked somewhere where someone in senior management got busted embezzling a couple million because he got caught trying to expense a brothel charge while in Amsterdam. The whore monger quit and moved out of state and never faced any legal consequences.

Come on man… it was an honest mistake and I paid the brothel charge back !

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Meh. The Trump Org will eventually pled guilty and pay a big fine. They won't admit guilt and claim at worst this was an accounting mistake by a low level employee. Trump will go take out loans in a 3rd world country and pay the NY AG.

Then Trump will make up any story he wants for social media. The wheels keep turning.

I don't think it's that easy.  This sounds like bank fraud, insurance fraud, and tax fraud.  If you own the company perpetrating those things, you can't just say, "I didn't know."  It's your responsibility to know.

I'm usually first on the cynical "nothing matters and they'll get away with anything" train, but this seems like a big deal.  I'm a financial advisor and I used to work for an insurance company that you've definitely heard of, and I promise you that they don't fuck around at all when they've been defrauded.  And they have armies of attorneys.  Not to mention that the IRS is gonna stick its big federal dick into the gang bang.

This has potential to absolutely sink his company and maybe even get some folks incarcerated.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

They're just going to walk in and take it, right in front of you, and dare you to do something about it.

I'd had hopes that women would lead the charge after the pussy hat protests in Trump's early days.  BLM shows promist, but their focus is (rightfully) narrow.

I don't think our record of rising to the dare is very good so far or promising for the future.

We all know things are bad -- worse than bad -- they're crazy.

It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out any more. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we're living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, "Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials, and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone."

Well, I'm not going to leave you alone.

I want you to get mad!

spacer.png

Network is a movie that becomes more brilliant with every viewing.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Hahahahahahahaha, the motherfucker lied about the square footage of Trump Tower?  How did that ever pass for one minute?  Could no one find a single architect or anybody with a fucking tape measure?

He claims that Trump Tower has 10 more floors than it actually does. It’s just who he is. 

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He claims that Trump Tower has 10 more floors than it actually does. It’s just who he is. 

Somewhere out there, there is at least one woman who's had trump's 4 incher in her mouth while listening to him say "suck all of it baby...all 10 inches"

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm not a lawyer, but it sounds as though this panel delivered a pretty firm bitchslap to Trump. 

I won't breathe easy until the supreme court denies cert or we are otherwise past shadow docket fuckery. But good outcome for trumpco, they successfully abused the court system to advance their fiction for them. It should never had needed to get to this point. 

I'll happily eat all the crow I can when trump is charged and there's an actual fucking criminal trial with evidence, but I honestly doubt that will ever happen because he's so good at delaying tactics and our legal community can't see the forest for the trees

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

BUT THEY'RE ALL IN TRUMPS POCKET!!!!!/piss running down my leg

When he’s been indicted, tried, and convicted then I'll believe that the plane has landed safely and the storm is no longer a threat.

And pardon the mixed metaphor but if you keep an ace up your sleeve in poker then you’re still not going to win every hand. But you tilt the odds significantly in your favor. You don’t have to win 100% of the time to be successful at cheating. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement