A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

5 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I was down in Houston last week for a golf tournament and couldn't believe how seriously people are taking the Bud Light stuff.  Like they're doing research on other brands that Anheiser Busch owns so they won't buy them, too.  Bottles the mind.

Cancel culture is bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So this is where the running commentary will be for tonight? I don’t have the stamina or heart to watch live. I’ll read this thread tomorrow and then decide if I can handle watching this piece of shit continue to push our country into fascism. 

Pretty sure @Biff Tannen is providing alcohol-fueled play-by-play.

• Haha 1

It’s a R based crowd from my understanding so it’ll be one fawning ? or comment after another from the audience.  Hopefully Kaitlin holds his feet to the fire, I think he walks if it doesn’t go his way. 
Mother fucking fuck CNN in the asshole.

This isn't a 60s Era candidate.

2 minutes ago, Slacks said:

So, I walked by the TV and this was on. I do agree with the thing I heard him say about the war, " I want the people to stop dying. '

It’s a shame he said that instead of repeating a very simple question. “I want people to stop dying” is immutably the same as “I am fine with Ukraine giving up concessions.”

he also wouldn’t talk about continued Ukraine aid, instead repeating over and over that NATO needs to pay more money for aid. Translation: we are done paying aid for Ukraine. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s a shame he said that instead of repeating a very simple question. “I want people to stop dying” is immutably the same as “I am fine with Ukraine giving up concessions.”

he also wouldn’t talk about continued Ukraine aid, instead repeating over and over that NATO needs to pay more money for aid. Translation: we are done paying aid for Ukraine. 

Yeah, I heard all of that. I give zero ducks about who is paying for war, so I was like, ""Shut up old man. You were on the only point that mattered and turned it into greed. F the fake money. People are dying for land that none of us keep. "

22 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

the criminal cases hit different 

Yeah, I think in a lot of ways they do, for both Trump and his observers/fans.  

And, the author of that article, while he made some good points, called the civil verdict in the Carroll case a "conviction" and spoke of Trump's guilt.  That's just sloppy bad.

10 hours ago, Slacks said:

So, I walked by the TV and this was on. I do agree with the thing I heard him say about the war, " I want the people to stop dying. '

He means he wants Russians to stop dying and he wants Putin to win. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

As I wrote a while back when we were trying to figure out what he was doing, I love that this guy has to dance to YMCA wherever he goes. It must be galling. Now he has a version of the Village People poolside carving the tradition into granite.

Of course, it's one of the reasons his large plurality of geniuses love him, so he gets rewarded for the dance, but I still bet that he has come to hate it. Even an adoration addict has preferences for the means to adoration.

Fuck this guy.

Here is a shot of an audience of his followers when they realize the VP are a gay dance band.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

They claim to love him, that he's like their father, protector, a "true American badass we have been waiting for".

But they, like the vast majority who believe as they do, couldn't be bothered to show up on January 6.

That's what gets me about these people - 2,000 or so actually entered the Capitol, but you have millions of these idiots who believe all of this shit, but apparently don't believe in it hard enough to act when Trump implores them to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

It's one thing to like the guy and fellate him when given the chance, but it's another to go to jail for him.

Of course, just the request to do something so crazy should alienate 90% of his base anyway, but here we are.

Never forget that half the population is below the average IQ.