Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

Look, I'm not gonna tell you again.  I don't know anything about what she endured in prison.

On a totally unrelated note, look for some $5 donations in the name of some of her Chola buddies from inside.  You won't recognize the names, but she will.  Jeez, I hope that doesn't bother her.    

Well this is a new one…and a bit on the nose. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60843262.amp

A California man suspected of taking part in the US Capitol riots last year has been granted asylum in Belarus.

Evan Neumann fled the US after being charged in connection with the riots.

The 48-year-old first settled in Ukraine, before reaching Belarus where he asked for asylum - claiming he faced "political persecution" in the US.

A Belarusian official said Mr Neumann has been granted permission to remain in the country "indefinitely".

State officials also alleged that Mr Neumann had been forced to cross the Belarusian border "illegally" after attracting "interest from local secret services" in Ukraine.

Mr Neumann told Belarusian state-owned news agency Belta he had "mixed feelings".

"I am glad Belarus took care of me. I am upset to find myself in a situation where I have problems in my own country."

In July last year, Mr Neumann was charged on six different counts, including violent entry and assaulting police officers. He was accused of punching two police officers and using a metal barrier as a "battering ram" against police during the riots at the US Capitol building on 6 January 2021.

But, according to Mr Neumann, he had already sold his house and travelled across Europe to Ukraine.

After worrying the Ukrainian authorities were watching him, Mr Neumann says he crossed the border into Belarus on foot in August. Belarus does not have an extradition treaty with the US.

In November, Mr Neumann gave an interview to Belarusian state TV and rejected the charges against him.

"I do not believe that I have committed any crime," he said. "One of the accusations was very upsetting. It is alleged that I hit a police officer. That is baseless."

He said he was asking for "government protection" from Belarus because of the "political persecution" he faced in the US, including the FBI questioning his family and using a photo of him on its most-wanted list.

A video released by Belta on Tuesday showed an immigration official handing Mr Neumann a document confirming his refugee status and the head of the Brest police migration directorate, Yuryy Brazinski, told state TV that he will eventually be entitled to apply for citizenship.

"Now you are completely under the protection of the Republic of Belarus," the official says.

Mr Neumann is among more than 650 people who have been charged for their actions on 6 January, when supporters of then-US President Donald Trump stormed the Capitol to protest against the result of the 2020 election.

Belarus, led by authoritarian leader Alexander Lukashenko, has faced multiple US sanctions over alleged human rights abuses and its support for Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Mr Neumann told state TV he planned to stay in the Belarusian city of Brest. 

"I have started a life here," he said. 

He added that he has plans "to move my family here," but noted that the decision would ultimately be up to his wife.

• Haha 2

Seeking asylum in Belarus of all places…under Lukashenko of all people, there’s a certain chef’s kiss element of that. 

i love the intermittent stop in Ukraine. Something tells me the wife’s love likely does not extend quite far enough, Evan. Enjoy. 

1 minute ago, sidis said:

Seeking asylum in Belarus of all places…under Lukashenko of all people, there’s a certain chef’s kiss element of that. 

i love the intermittent stop in Ukraine. Something tells me the wife’s love likely does not extend quite far enough, Evan. Enjoy. 

Plus, he’s doing all of this despite being innocent of the charges.  

Could it be that comrade Evan is correct that he was under surveillance by Ukraine agents maybe because the US alerted Ukraine that he was possibly a Russian asset?

Could it be that Russia was helping Trump at a more grassroots level by encouraging/directing agents provocateur in the Capitol assault?

Of course, it's crazy to think that former KGB officer Putin who seems to control Trump would employ a larger strategy using more assets to harm the US. Just because he lucked into having an American president under his thumb doesn't mean Putin has his hand  up the asses of Senators, Congresspersons, and members of a conspiracy to overthrow a US election.  Right?

That's just conspiracy theory bullshit. Nobody in mainstream media will touch that because it's nuts. Crazy talk. Outside of their hardbound determination to see the world in the old paradigm. Just because mainstream media employees and hired (tiresome) opinion panelists can't bring themselves to call a lie a lie instead of an "untruth" certainly doesn't mean that they can't bring themselves to call a traitor a traitor. Right?

Ri-iiight.

I must be high on crack to even think such things.

We'll have a second group of our favorite panelists here to say the same things the first group of panelists said after a word from our corporate big pharma sponsors who will clutch their pearls and flee if we say anything outside the narrow boundaries set by narrow minds.

We are so fucked.

Edited by RomaVicta

39 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I donated 10 thoughts and 5 prayers.

The only way she has any shot at saving any dignity or self-respect is if she starts taking tokens.  Seriously, that's how wretched a person she is now -- degrading herself sexually on camera would be a massive step of self-improvement and recovery of dignity.  She's scum.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The only way she has any shot at saving any dignity or self-respect is if she starts taking tokens.  Seriously, that's how wretched a person she is now -- degrading herself sexually on camera would be a massive step of self-improvement and recovery of dignity.  She's scum.

Ryan Reynolds Want GIF

On 3/23/2022 at 10:15 AM, RomaVicta said:

That's just conspiracy theory bullshit.

Not necessarily. It has been proven that Russia was financing certain groups in the US and had them travel to Russia for *reasons.* The supremacist, Preston Wigginton, was over there. A leader from one of the Texas Secessionist movements was there as well. I have no background on the fellow in the article above, but just because one has an American sounding name, does not mean that was what it always was, nor does it mean the individual is loyal to America. All sorts of people and all sorts of complications.

Would you say Erik Prince is loyal to America or to himself? Michael Flynn? Steve Bannon?

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Not necessarily. It has been proven that Russia was financing certain groups in the US and had them travel to Russia for *reasons.* The supremacist, Preston Wigginton, was over there. A leader from one of the Texas Secessionist movements was there as well. I have no background on the fellow in the article above, but just because one has an American sounding name, does not mean that was what it always was, nor does it mean the individual is loyal to America. All sorts of people and all sorts of complications.

Would you say Erik Prince is loyal to America or to himself? Michael Flynn? Steve Bannon?

I was still being ironic, my friend. I can see how ending a paragraph may have falsely signalled that I was returning to being literal. Apologies for not being clearer. 

21 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

No, see, these people are PATRIOTS.  They LOVE THEIR COUNTRY.  That's why they had no choice but to......literally piss on it.

Fucking up is down, black is white.  These people -- all the MAGAs, every last one of them -- are insane wastes of human flesh.  The BEST thing you can say about them is that they are pathological liars.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 12:12 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Says he’s tired of the process, not sure he will appeal. To me this means negotiate a light sentence (no jail time if that’s even an option for his conviction) in exchange for no appeals.  He has the eyes and wallets of the morons now. 

As a general proposition, once you go to trial, there's no more negotiation on the sentence.  It's the "trial penalty," which tends to be unfair in other circumstances.

What happens next, I think (it may not for misdemeanors), is US Pretrial Services and Probation prepares a Presentence Report that, among other things, calculates the sentence called for by the Sentencing Guidelines.  The sentencing hearing then argues over the accuracy and applicability of the factors applied in the PSR, and the parties make requests/recommendations for the ultimate sentence.

14 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

An acquittal

fuck this fedsoc fuck trump appointed judge, he's been out arguing that DOJ has been unfairly hard on Jan 6th insurrectionists, and thinks that the REAL punishment should be saved for the BLM protesters. I have no doubt he's going to continue to sooth the fascists as much as he can.

edit: this is also the judge that granted vacation travel requests to Riviera Maya for defendant insurrectionists in Feb 2021 when COVID was still going strong

Edited by Captainant

Within 90 days, Matthew Martin will no longer be eligible to work with Sandia or Los Alamos or any of their sub-contractors, or so somebody has told DoE.  Without that employment pool, his skill set will be largely worthless in New Mexico.  Using local tax rolls, Mr. Martin's mortgage lender will be notified that there is concern he cannot make his payments on his residence given his arrest and current employment situation (or lack thereof).  

Would just be awful if somebody started a rumor about he pled into his acquittal.  Can't imagine what he offered them about the New Mexico underground.  Probably just too much 'Better Call Saul.'  Too bad Mr. Martin actually has a 2017 arrest related to drugs.  Weird stuff happens out in New Mexico.  All the time.

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

fuck this fedsoc fuck trump appointed judge, he's been out arguing that DOJ has been unfairly hard on Jan 6th insurrectionists, and thinks that the REAL punishment should be saved for the BLM protesters. I have no doubt he's going to continue to sooth the fascists as much as he can.

edit: this is also the judge that granted vacation travel requests to Riviera Maya for defendant insurrectionists in Feb 2021 when COVID was still going strong

How does a bench trial work at the Fed level? Solely based on defendant's request? Can't forum shop, so not sure this means much for everyone else.

• Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, Foosters said:

How does a bench trial work at the Fed level? Solely based on defendant's request? Can't forum shop, so not sure this means much for everyone else.

It doesn't affect any other legal proceedings of really any cases outside of this one, BUT, it's a signal to defendants to not admit wrongdoing in his court and turn down plea deals

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Man, usual Lobo bullshit/sarcasm aside...that was hard to watch, actually.  I thought it'd be like a Jordan Klepper bit and we'd all have a laugh.  But you just watched two people crumble internally.  They'll still put on the shirts, go the rallies, and pull whatever lever Trump says to.  But they just had a moment of self-actualization.  And best case scenario, they up divorced.  Worst case, one of them shoots a half dozen other people out of general frustration.  

I gotta say though, as a person who breaks people in the professional space for a living...to watch people be broke personally, on a human level.  Goddamn, that's a great high.  I never get to see anything like that in person.  I get to see people regret business decisions but to watch someone's soul get decimated at the human level...where they realize they've been horribly misled and now regret so much of their life, fucking-fuck...it's better than any orgasm or coke high.  To drive a Trumper to the point of suicide...what a fucking rush that must be.  I don't know this interviewer...but he must be walking around with a 11" boner.  And I'm not gay for being jealous.

15 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

An acquittal

The behavior of some Capitol police hasn’t been fully reconciled imo. Some were fighting for their and Congress members’ lives and other officers did not appear to care about the rioters actions. I’m sure there are different explanations for some failing to do their job, but I haven’t heard them.

I don’t think the reasons are necessarily conspiracy related like some were silent Oath Keeper members but rather they really are only there for a paycheck and they’re not risking any injury much less their life.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

Even I was like “It was a false flag operation where Antifa wanted to make Trump look bad! How could miss that?!?”

Which does directly conflict with the narrative that Jan 6 was no big deal and the actual facts revealed as perps are being tried in criminal court.

The behavior of some Capitol police hasn’t been fully reconciled imo. Some were fighting for their and Congress members’ lives and other officers did not appear to care about the rioters actions. I’m sure there are different explanations for some failing to do their job, but I haven’t heard them.
I don’t think the reasons are necessarily conspiracy related like some were silent Oath Keeper members but rather they really are only there for a paycheck and they’re not risking any injury much less their life.

Well there’s that possibility and the possibility of surrender or organized retreat when being massively outnumbered and no support in sight. They were ill-prepared for crowd control.

In the mafia playbook, you have the driver call in sick the day of the hit. Then let Fredo take the blame when he fumbles with his gun as the boss gets assassinated.