Mentally unstable radical Republican? Oh you mean Marjorie!

Pancho

13 minutes ago, kevwun said:

She would get smoked in a statewide race.  She's reached her ceiling.  She's not electable in anything outside a Trumpkin House district.

mostly this.

she would never get on the primary ballot in iowa or new hampshire, and georgia (senate seats) are now blue.

her only hope is to get plucked from the crazy bin by orange man, hawley, cruz, or whoever the nutters get to convention with in '24.  but that is possible.

so while she is still around, it will depend on how much bandwidth she gets from the hate engine.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Not a bad take.  Yes, continued Trumpism will hurt the GOP in some competitive house districts.  But it will be the only way to win in any district that leans more than +5 R.  And because most GOP districts are safe districts, this is absolutely going to be the dominant voice and theme of the GOP.

What you don't realize is that it's already gone that far.  There is no functioning apparatus other than the batshit apparatus.  The GOP stands for nothing but anger, childishness, and destruction, built around idolatry of a God-king.  Again - I feel like a broken record here - they actually made that their NATIONAL PLATFORM.  The ship has sailed.  Anyone trying to turn it even 1 degree off its current course is an apostate, and will be made to suffer by the base.  Ronna and the rest will get in line, because they want to win.  And the base will only give the gift of their votes -- necessary to win, for now -- to the batshit craziest.

Don't worry, though.  The GOP is working on alternative paths that will make elections unnecessary.  If you think they haven't already functionally adopted a position that elections can and should be overturned by a violent revolt, you haven't been paying attention.

I agree with what you say the GOP platform/what it stands for is and I agree they want to win; certainly it seems that some of the calmer voices are standing aside and letting the teenagers go wilding. However, it's why I've argued that Pompeo is the type of crazy they can actual get money to fund all the other stuff. He's not the eyeball draw that the others are and has the charisma of a wet swimsuit in December but you don't see the next one coming until they have you by the throat.

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

She’s dumb and ugly.  They can cake make up on a 6 and make it work with a good plastic surgeon but this horse faced bitch has zero future.  Enjoy your 15 min you ugly bitch...

the thing is, this actually matters a lot to conservatives

It's amazing.

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Stop.  You are looking at her through the window of rational thought.  Stop that.  That window has zero impact on the actions or outcomes of anything to do with the GOP.

She is playing the current GOP tune, and playing it well.  She is absolutely going to run for POTUS in 24, and if Trump doesn't run, she has a pretty damned good chance of getting the GOP nomination.

The only currency of value in the GOP is "who can shout crazy shit the loudest, the longest, and repetitively?"  She is swimming in piles of that currency like Scrooge McDuck.  She is a party leader, and is GOP presidential material.

Counterpoint: she's a female, and she's not hot. Her shelf life with the MAGA crowd's attention was always going to be limited. As soon as the libtards go back to ignoring her, they will too. Without the media constantly "unfairly targeting" her, supporting her will be boring. They'll find their next martyr in the public eye.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

In my middle and school, there was a cop with a gun. This was before school shootings.  How many armed people do we need at our schools?  

Zero, if we simply let go of our cultural blind spots and embrace the obvious solution of dipping all the kids in liquid Kevlar.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Trump was one of the most famous people on earth before he ran. he was someone we knew for decades and had a persona he had cultivated for decades.

She ain't Donald

This is not inaccurate.  And yes, the naked misogyny and sexism of the GOP is out there for all to see.

She's not Donald.  But she could easily get Donald's blessing.  And that's all she needs to win the nomination.*

But she would likely lose by an even larger margin than Donald did, because of that same sexism.  While the base would still rally in numbers sufficient to give her the nomination, because she's a Trump-endorsed psychopath, a few percentages of them will stay home in the general because, you know.....woman.

*  What's going to be FASCINATING is what happens to Trumpism when Donald is dead, and the cult leaders fight over who is the true anointed heir of Godking Trump.  Read up on the Sunni-Shia split over succession upon the death of Muhammed.  Sunnis believed his successor should be Abu Bakr, Shia believed it should be Ali (father-in-law of Muhammed vs. grandson of Muhammed).  War and schism followed.  For those of you hoping for a great GOP schism, THAT is the schism that you'll see.  Again, there is no schism between Trumpkins and rational Republicans, there are no rational Republicans, only Trumpkins and cowards.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

*  What's going to be FASCINATING is what happens to Trumpism when Donald is dead, and the cult leaders fight over who is the true anointed heir of Godking Trump.  Read up on the Sunni-Shia split over succession upon the death of Muhammed.  Sunnis believed his successor should be Abu Bakr, Shia believed it should be Ali (father-in-law of Muhammed vs. grandson of Muhammed).  War and schism followed.  For those of you hoping for a great GOP schism, THAT is the schism that you'll see.  Again, there is no schism between Trumpkins and rational Republicans, there are no rational Republicans, only Trumpkins and cowards.

I've prophesied this as well. Think the fight might be between the Trumplings? The Ivankite/Juniorian schism. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Man she really played the hits in her statement/press conference:  "bortion, illegals killing everybody, fake media, and Trump/MAGA.  

One of those Stepford Wife dolls that inexplicably got past quality control. 

Edited by Underdog
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Said this the other day.  This is a win for her.  She doesn't have to do any work and gets free air time.  (No committee meetings to go to.)  Very Trumpian.

On the other hand, she’ll miss out on some prime grand standing moments when she gets to berate a high school math teacher for indoctrinating children with polynomials when everyone knows the answer is always 1776.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mole said:

On the other hand, she’ll miss out on some prime grand standing moments when she gets to berate a high school math teacher for indoctrinating children with polynomials when everyone knows the answer is always 1776.

She'll be Education Secretary in the next Republican administration.

• Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

She'll be Education Secretary in the next Republican administration.

i would laugh if this wasn't true.

most GQP decisions are based on the question:  "how can we best make the libs cry?"  MTG as Secretary of Education?  fuck yeah!  she'll make Betsy DeVos look competent.

Mike Judge is looking more brilliant every fucking day.

BECDIU5NKB67LVM27FUDSRHYGE.jpg

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

i would laugh if this wasn't true.

most GQP decisions are based on the question:  "how can we best make the libs cry?"  MTG as Secretary of Education?  fuck yeah!  she'll make Betsy DeVos look competent.

Mike Judge is looking more brilliant every fucking day.

BECDIU5NKB67LVM27FUDSRHYGE.jpg

No he's not.

Those people were just stupid.  But they were at least kind and decent.  My kingdom for someone with the kindness of Sarah Rue's character in the MAGA movement.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/27/2021 at 7:43 PM, Buzzrock said:

Her district is the northwest corner of the state, and it’s the epitome of deep deep Trump country. Giant Trump flags absolutely everywhere. It’s nothing but podunk towns and a couple of huge carpet companies (Mohawk and Shaw). It’s the foothills of the Smokeys and a lot of it is really pretty.

8JGV.gif

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No he's not.

Those people were just stupid.  But they were at least kind and decent.  My kingdom for someone with the kindness of Sarah Rue's character in the MAGA movement.

come on.  in 2006, Mike Judge was dead on correct about where things were headed, way before anybody was boldly predicting that the government would be infiltrated by the dumb.  you have to give him that.

and these characters weren't exactly sweethearts.  two of them wanted to go "family style" on Maya Rudolph.  and they all happily attended Monday Night Rehabilitation to watch innocent people get executed.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

come on.  in 2006, Mike Judge was dead on correct about where things were headed, way before anybody was boldly predicting that the government would be infiltrated by the dumb.  you have to give him that.

and these characters weren't exactly sweethearts.  two of them wanted to go "family style" on Maya Rudolph.  and they all happily attended Monday Night Rehabilitation to watch innocent people get executed.

Dude, I was trying to cut Sara some slack.   Cuz I dig her.

And at least President Camacho wanted things to get fixed.  Puts him head and shoulders above any "thinker" in the GOP these days.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This is not inaccurate.  And yes, the naked misogyny and sexism of the GOP is out there for all to see.

She's not Donald.  But she could easily get Donald's blessing.  And that's all she needs to win the nomination.*

But she would likely lose by an even larger margin than Donald did, because of that same sexism.  While the base would still rally in numbers sufficient to give her the nomination, because she's a Trump-endorsed psychopath, a few percentages of them will stay home in the general because, you know.....woman.

Q will tell them who to follow or where Trump's brain was transplanted before the body died.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I saw some of the interviews of the yokels in her district.  Made OKC seem like NYC.  Holy shit those are some ‘interesting’ people.  
And lol at them not voting for her again.  Come on people.  

Sometime around 1830 a branch of my family settled in that district. Their patriarch was a man named George Washington Andrew Jackson [MaybeACoordinator], son of Absalom [MaybeACoordinator].

My branch of the same family kept heading west through Mississippi and into Texas and has produced only eight generations since the arrival of the original patriarch of the overall family arrived in Carolina in 1745.

GWAJ's has produced about 16 generations up there in the kudzu and red Georgia clay. The tend to start reproducing at about 15 and never let up. Without a doubt, GWAJ produced more descendants than anyone in the whole family, and that is not a good thing.  

Here is a pic of some of them about 100 years ago. 

144931724_10160886051862942_152600987260

The banjo music. The inbreeding. The corn liquor fetal alcohol syndrome. The dirt-eating. The faces of the people in the crowd at lynchings.

Add in modern-day meth, and that is her district. 

You can really see that opening montage in Idiocracy in the different branches of my family. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Sometime around 1830 a branch of my family settled in that district. Their patriarch was a man named George Washington Andrew Jackson [MaybeACoordinator], son of Absalom [MaybeACoordinator].

My branch of the same family kept heading west through Mississippi and into Texas and has produced only eight generations since the arrival of the original patriarch of the overall family arrived in Carolina in 1745.

GWAJ's has produced about 16 generations up there in the kudzu and red Georgia clay. The tend to start reproducing at about 15 and never let up. Without a doubt, GWAJ produced more descendants than anyone in the whole family, and that is not a good thing.  

Here is a pic of some of them about 100 years ago. 

144931724_10160886051862942_152600987260

The banjo music. The inbreeding. The corn liquor fetal alcohol syndrome. The dirt-eating. The faces of the people in the crowd at lynchings.

Add in modern-day meth, and that is her district. 

You can really see that opening montage in Idiocracy in the different branches of my family. 

Obligatory

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Pretty much all Republicans these days are like one of those dolls from the 80s where you could pull a string in its back and it would say one of seven recorded lines.

I figure it’s more akin to assembling their message out of something like this:

il_570xN.1422736536_ptxt.jpg

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

the thing is, this actually matters a lot to conservatives

It's amazing.

It is pretty confounding to me personally. I mean I get that the GOP wants women to look a certain way and if they do not then they have a shelf life.

I do not care what my representative looks like. What I care about is do they genuinely care about the people they are serving. If they do not then I do not want them serving me and the people I live around. I see Democrats of every shade on the national stage. I see Stacey Abrams out there doing great things and the only time I have heard her size mentioned was in tweets from the MAGA cult calling her a fat b and other assorted names associated with that. Abrams just delivered one of the biggest political results in the last 50 years and that is what I will go by with her and those like her. The looks thing should never be part of the equation. I read it on here though as well from people commenting on AOC regularly and how she looks and it's disappointing to see because it doesn't make folks look much better than the people who vote on the GOP side because of how someone looks. Congresswoman Cortez fights for her constituents and she is highly intelligent and doesn't do anything half-arsed in relation to her job as a congresswoman. That should be all that matters. The misogyny I can do without.

• Hook 'Em 1