Mentally unstable radical Republican? Oh you mean Marjorie!

Pancho

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

Go ahead, it's the 202-225-5211 number.  Mailbox still has room and staffers still pick it up when available.  Identify yourself as a sibling advocate of those with Down's Syndrome (in my case, it's actually true-but I don't give a shit if we run a bad joke too far).  You have to keep the intimation that Rep. Greene also has it, but either way she's an inspiration to the community.  Just don't flat out call her retarded, you gotta be subtle.  You know...like an asshole.  I think I'm gonna write a hard copy letter to the same effect this weekend just for cathartic release.  The chef's kiss is to have a bold baritone-bass voice like mine and then at the end of the call, sound a little choked up like and go up with vocal fry, "I need a minute, but just thank Representative Greene for what she's shown my sister is possible."  

I have a nephew with Down's. Just left a message letting her know how immoral, un-Christian, and disgusting her comments were. Fuck that cunt. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

“Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.”  - Friedrich Schiller

(I first heard it from Isaac Asimov.)

Far and away my favorite Asimov book and one of a small handful that aren't a really compelling idea and total beating to read.

I really hope I find a nice country to move to when Hawley becomes President and Greene is his Vice President.  Maybe a place in Vancouver and then a winter home in Belize or Costa Rica.  The dumb in this country ain't going away anytime soon.  I predict it will actually get worse.
BC and CR is an excellent strategy. Fuck Belize as place for being an expat.

Wanna go havies on some land ?

My understanding is citizenship to Canada is actually very difficult, time consuming, and flat out expensive. You have to cut a check to buy into their healthcare system. Canada is not on my list, I’m not wealthy enough to sniff citizenship there. Hope someone here tells me I’m flat out wrong. 
I've heard as much about Canada.
Short list for us is Costa Rica, Portugal, Ecuador, and Uruaguay.

At min I want some exit strategy for Trump 2 or Pandemic 2 way the fuck away from here. We've proven ourselves as craven fuckheads
I'll take my chances with the Ticos in the middle of nowhere

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I've heard as much about Canada.
Short list for us is Costa Rica, Portugal, Ecuador, and Uruaguay.

At min I want some exit strategy for Trump 2 or Pandemic 2 way the fuck away from here. We've proven ourselves as craven fuckheads
I'll take my chances with the Ticos in the middle of nowhere

I (somewhat) recently visited Ecuador and Uruguay with the idea of maybe moving to each. I would say Uruguay. Lots of land. however business opportunities would be real hard to come by. 

Ecuador is nice too but violent since Colombia got its shit together re: drugs somewhat.

CR would be interesting. close to Texas which is nice. I have a few expat friends there in mountains outside of SJ. its expensive there. That ship may have sailed. Also, if you are waiting for Trump to 2 then you may miss you ship - mr Born to Run if that is your real name. 

Oz is nice by man we are fucking far from everywhere (which of course is also part of why its nice)

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I saw a Nietchke quote recently that applies as well about faith being for those who do not wish to know the truth. 

I don’t know the source but I’ve heard one that says, “Religion doesn’t give you answers, it just makes you stop asking questions.’

56 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

The internet is not going to let this rotten twat rest.

good. she is the beautiful hot potato that every republican will have to either hold and perish with, or denouce. somewhat loving this actually. the moment of truth needs to be brought on top of these pussy ass republicans playing the middle ground over and over. let this crazy biped do it because apparently a violent insurection trying to kill some of them can't 

Edited by staboner
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

My understanding is citizenship to Canada is actually very difficult, time consuming, and flat out expensive. You have to cut a check to buy into their healthcare system. Canada is not on my list, I’m not wealthy enough to sniff citizenship there. Hope someone here tells me I’m flat out wrong. 

If you don't have a relative, particularly a parent/grand-parent or spouse, it can be difficult - they do not want outsiders to come in and freeload.

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.axios.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-qanon-2621093b-13f1-491d-8256-366436171793.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiossneakpeek&stream=top

Reveal hidden contents

Cowan detailed a phone conversation he had with McCarthy in July, during which he warned him about wild opposition research they had against Greene.

"I said, 'She's bad for the party,'" Cowan told Axios during a 30-minute interview Thursday. "I said she has real problems and does not represent, at least what I think of as, someone who would be allowed even in a big-tented party. I mean, at some point, you have to say, 'No shoes, no shirt, no service.'"

While both McCarthy and Scalise condemned Greene, and Scalise endorsed and raised money for and donated to Cowan, it wasn't enough to overcome the vocal support for Greene from Trump's then-chief of staff Mark Meadows.

The backing of Meadows, his wife, Debbie, and Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio was so strong that Cowan never had a real shot against Greene, he said.

"The House Freedom Caucus put their fingers on the scale in a big way," said Cowan, a neurosurgeon. "By default it was sort of, 'She must be Trump's person.' If those guys are going to bat for her, she must be Trump’s endorsed person.”

Greene also came up repeatedly during McCarthy's leadership meetings last summer, a source with direct knowledge told Axios.

Scalise, Cheney and Walker gathered for the weekly meeting in the conference room of McCarthy's office in the Capitol and plotted how they should deal with her.

Walker, now running for North Carolina's open Senate seat in 2022, strenuously argued they needed to do more to stop this "crazy" woman who threatened to bring down the party, according to a source with direct knowledge.

Cheney (R-Wyo.) also spoke up aggressively in these meetings about the danger of having Greene in the party.

Scalise (R-La.) and McCarthy (R-Calif.) ended up putting out statements condemning her, yet McCarthy didn't do much beyond that once it was clear she was going to win the race by a healthy margin.

The bottom line: "Everybody was well aware of her previous persona and who she is. I would say they all knew she was going to be a problem," Cowan told Axios.

"Maybe they just assumed that the awe of winning an election would calm her down a little bit, and so she would actually be interested in governing and he interested in policy, and she's just clearly not. She is literally there for a stage production."

All of them can eat it.  This article is a huge tell, the concerns they express are for “the party” and not “the country.”

The Dems need to stop pearl clutching when asked about her.

”Are you still surprised? We are not. The Republican Party has consistently demonstrated that they are committed to placing manifestly unsuitable people who hold dangerous, bigoted views into positions of leadership. Here is how we will minimize their voices.” 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Yes, she should be expelled. But the real danger is that we have areas of America that are happy to elect someone like her to Congress. And this “harassment” of her is probably making her more popular back home cuz lib tears.

Someone here wrote about that their wife has friends that support MTG. That statement should be former friends. Maybe a friend is a great friend in every other aspect but sometimes you have to cut someone loose because of 1 thing.  Uncle Charlie is a great guy except for the occasional Jewish conspiracy rant? Screw him, he ain’t invited to thanksgiving.

As for MTG, McCarthy won’t support expulsion unless a video can be found of her saying the n-word. That could probably make him act. 

12 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

The worst thing about MTG is that I read her initials as Magic: The Gathering in my head everytime I see them

I feel like if that’s actually the worst thing instead of an obvious joke, maybe your priorities need an adjustment. Or you’re just hateful fascist when it comes to giant nerds. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SydneyCarton
12 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

The worst thing about MTG is that I read her initials as Magic: The Gathering in my head everytime I see them

I feel like if that’s actually the worst thing instead of an obvious joke, maybe your priorities need an adjustment. Or you’re just hateful fascist when it comes to giant nerds. 

You are free to guess my motivations based on my posting history

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

So she's using a fictional character from a book written thousands of years ago by goat herders to kinda almost support her position to own the intellectual elitist libs.  And the whole Deep South goes, "Mmm hmm, that's right," and goes back to shooting its arsenal of automatic weapons at cutouts of The Squad.
We're so fucked. 

The whole deep south? Georgia went for Biden and elected two D senators.
  • Like 1

Expelling a duly elected congressperson for being a crazy piece of shit is a terrible precedent. Obviously sedition or treason or inciting violence are different cases, but just being a crazy horrible person isn’t grounds enough.

She should stay as a reminder of who these people chose as their voice and as a test to the GOP. She is the ultimate result of their submission to Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Expelling a duly elected congressperson for being a crazy piece of shit is a terrible precedent. Obviously sedition or treason or inciting violence are different cases, but just being a crazy horrible person isn’t grounds enough.

She should stay as a reminder of who these people chose as their voice and as a test to the GOP. She is the ultimate result of their submission to Trump.

For someone like her, nothing should be off the table.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I believe that you are correct.  You can't even travel there with a misdemeanor beyond traffic tickets.

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

Agreed. “I’d give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety’s sake!”

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yep, particularly a month or two into her term.  You gotta think she'll do something expulsion-worthy here pretty quick.

R-2354170-1279084086.jpeg.jpg

But it doesn't matter.  Brisket out front should have told ya.

She could shoot someone on the Main Street of some humble small Georgia town in her congressional district, and it wouldn't matter.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I believe that you are correct.  You can't even travel there with a misdemeanor beyond traffic tickets.

Their border security is tight.  Drove in with my dad from Detroit when I was about 15 to go to a Blue Jays game and they grilled the hell out of us.  Then I went thru at Niagara Falls for work and they pulled me into a back room for an offense on my juvenile record.  They let me in because I didn't lie to them about it and it was 10 years prior.  The Canucks are tough.  Getting back into the US?  Lol.  Glance at your passport and wave you through.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I drove through Niagra Falls on my honeymoon about six months after 9/11. They just waved us through going into Canada and then again leaving. We didn't even slow down. Evidently things have changed.

In 2005, my ex and I crossed into Canada with no issues, just a wave.  Coming back across, however....we were detained until we could prove our then 5 year old daughter in the car was actually ours.  

Drove to Vancouver from Seattle a few years ago and got grilled by the Canuck even with a pregnant wife and 7 year old girl in the backseat. After he was done grilling us he got real friendly and gave us a bunch of recs for places to visit. It was weird. 

Coming back in, the American guy was a total wanna-be tough guy cop but only asked like 2 questions and let us go. 

2 hours ago, smuggs said:

She's more like that straggler potato that gets lost at the bottom of the potato basket, perhaps hidden by some onions. And then one day when you really need a potato you are excited to find it, but you dig it out and quickly realize that it is velvety and has several flaccid shoots growing out of it.

mtg1.jpg

51741945-single-old-potato-growing-sprou

Hideous

The potato is better looking

Calling her a cunt is an insult to cunts everywhere.

Edited by Steamboat1874

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

So basically it sounds like border security is a complete crapshoot in either direction.

A customs guy in Toronto was convinced I was coming up there for the NHL All Star game and not for business. He must have asked 4-5 times for me to confirm I was not there for hockey.

• Haha 1