2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Can you translate this for me, please?

Ferrell originally poopoo'd the idea. Then someone I don't know says "You are incorrect sir, the chances of Texas landing Hall appear to be increasing". Ferrell then says that he is now getting similar information.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

So what's the deal with this kid? Highly rated recruit sure, but only gets in two games prior to the championship game against Georgia where he has 50% of his total catches for the year (2/52 in that game and 2/20 the rest of the season) and then Saban rakes the backup WRs over the coals after the game. Then, he's suspended from Alabama for breaking team rules and hits the portal.

Not a great start to his college career. I guess you're betting on potential here, but there do seem to be some watch-out elements in play.

4 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

So what's the deal with this kid? Highly rated recruit sure, but only gets in two games prior to the championship game against Georgia where he has 50% of his total catches for the year (2/52 in that game and 2/20 the rest of the season) and then Saban rakes the backup WRs over the coals after the game. Then, he's suspended from Alabama for breaking team rules and hits the portal.

Not a great start to his college career. I guess you're betting on potential here, but there do seem to be some watch-out elements in play.

If I recall correctly, he was at multiple high schools during his high school career and then rumored to be having academic problems at Bama as well. Seems like a Randy Moss type of mercurial talent without any shits given for much else. He got in Saban's doghouse early and never seemed to care enough to work his way out. 

Edited by Vertigo

Just now, golfclap said:

He started high school at Seffner Armwood (a FL powerhouse) - transferred to IMG (sure) and then transferred to Bloomingdale High (Verico). This isn't a surprising start to his college career. 

Always a huge risk in taking a kid like that, multiple schools is a big red flag. Our receiver room is a big red flag though....so may be worth the risk.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Always a huge risk in taking a kid like that, multiple schools is a big red flag. Our receiver room is a big red flag though....so may be worth the risk.

It is becoming more common with top recruits, there are numerous recruits in each cycle that seem to switch schools for some reason. The washout rate seems much higher on those guys like Demas, etc, but we are recruiting a few of them now and did last cycle. Jaray Bledsoe was one of those guys. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

It is becoming more common with top recruits, there are numerous recruits in each cycle that seem to switch schools for some reason. The washout rate seems much higher on those guys like Demas, etc, but we are recruiting a few of those guys now and did last cycle. Jaray Bledsoe was one of those guys. 

yeah i think this is going to become more of the norm long term, especially on how certain states start allowing HSFB players to get NIL opportunities.

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think with Worthy, Neyor, and Dixon is pretty solid. You also have Whittington (for 2 games at the start and 1 toward the end), Washington, the Ghost of Omeire, and possibly Cain getting his head on straight. It's not bad and I think the biggest winner in the off-season coaching changes is going to be Dixon (re: Marion) (assuming they can keep him here post spring). I fully expect Kelvontay to do some damage under Marion. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

He started high school at Seffner Armwood (a FL powerhouse) - transferred to IMG (sure) and then transferred to Bloomingdale High (Verico). This isn't a surprising start to his college career. 

I think it’s 6 different schools in 6 years or something wild like that. 

(Posting in the correct thread ... )

Alabama transfer Agiye Hall to visit Texas this weekend

Mike Roach

("for a visit that could push through the entire weekend.")

Spoiler

Alabama transfer Agiye Hall to visit Texas this weekend

Mike Roach

Texas is hosting one of the most talented prospects in the NCAA Transfer Portal this weekend. Sources confirmed to Horns247 that Alabama transfer wide receiver Agiye Hall will arrive Friday for a visit that could push through the entire weekend.

Hall has familiarity with the Texas staff considering he was recruited to Alabama to play in Steve Sarkisian's offense and his lead recruiter was Jeff Banks. Hall left the Alabama program last week amid turmoil with the coaching staff. The Longhorns have been no strangers to utilizing the portal and have gone to several former Alabama players in the last two years.

Texas already addressed the wide receiver position in the portal this offseason with the addition of Wyoming wide receiver Isaiah Neyor and adding Hall could increase the potency of the Texas offense.

The Longhorns struggled at times last year in the passing game, especially following the loss of Jordan Whittington. True freshman Xavier Worthy had to carry the team from an offensive production standpoint, and defenses were able to direct focus on him and cause the Texas offense to sputter late in games. Hall is still somewhat unproven, but he's shown flashes in his college career that point to the immense talent he had as a high school recruit.

Hall signed with Alabama in the 2021 class after completing his senior season at Valrico (Fla.) Bloomingdale High School. Seeing limited time during his freshman year, Hall caught 4 passes for 72 yards.

As a recruit, Hall was ranked as a four-star prospect ranking as the No. 45 overall prospect in the nation, No. 5 wide receiver in the nation and No. 11 overall prospect in Florida, according to 247Sports Composite.

What's next for the Longhorns? Make sure you stay in the loop and sign up for Horns247 today! New members get 30% OFF your first year of Texas insider scoop OR one month of Horns247 VIP access for only $1!

The 247Sports scouting report described his game in the following way:

Well-built with the frame to add more mass once he gets in a college strength program. A long, gifted athlete who tests very well in combine settings. Among the better athletes at receiver in the 2021 cycle. Broke out as a sophomore at a top high school program in the Tampa area. Saw a slight dip in production as a junior. Has the physical ability to run past corners and separate downfield with his long speed. Has the athletic ability to make acrobatic catches and pull away from defenders after the catch. Is raw technically as a receiver and will need to improve his releases and route-running in addition to being hesitant around contact at times. Can also improve his ball skills as he's not yet a natural catcher of the football at times. Projects as a multi-year starter at the Power Five level with the upside of developing into an early to mid-round NFL Draft pick.

2 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

This guy has red flags galore. A different school every year and a reputation for dropping passes. If he was our solution to the hole at WR2 I would not be supportive of this. But with Neyor on board, this guy realistically would be battling Dixon, Thompson and Washington for snaps. He’s a physical freak who has track speed at 6”3. Definitely worth bringing on board and seeing if he can commit himself somewhere. If he busts out like his did at Alabama so be it. 

4 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Have known him since he was younger . Went to 2-3 high schools. Arm wood and Bloomingdale in Valrico Good athletes. Academic challenges 

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Chango said:

This is what boomers think is funny. I think CTJ goes by SabreHorn on hornfans.

I’m a Gen Xer and with the quoted post you’re either a dipshitted later millennial or a pathetic Gen Zer. Either way, I’m all the things you’re not and I also think your parents fucked up this country through bad policy, entitled stupidity, and bringing your ilk into the world. Congrats, on a weak social media trope though. 

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Hall had grade issues, if that’s squared away you take him all day every day. Kai Money received meaningful snaps the past two years and we received fucking 1 HS WR. Take him 

Yep, as long as he doesn’t pull a Tarik Black and not show up to one day of class, we can make it work.

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’m a Gen Xer and with the quoted post you’re either a dipshitted later millennial or a pathetic Gen Zer. Either way, I’m all the things you’re not and I also think your parents fucked up this country through bad policy, entitled stupidity, and bringing your ilk into the world. Congrats, on a weak social media trope though. 

Dad?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You might be a GenX by birth, but you sure do talk like a Boomer.

Welcome to the club, my grouchy brother!

Roach, on Caleb Johnson, Agiye Hall, and Devon Campbell.

(The Hall comments sound pretty positive, especially for 'ol Ears ... )

Spoiler

— I checked with a source at Miami and it sounds like the visit went extremely well for UCLA transfer linebacker Caleb Johnson. As of now, that source expects Johnson to leave Coral Gables uncommitted. I'm working to get in contact with Johnson, but it sounds like he could be setting up a visit to Austin for next weekend. Texas and Miami are the two schools Johnson is focusing on, and I think Miami has the edge until Johnson makes the visit. We'll continue to follow up with him through the weekend.

— As Horns247 first reported, Alabama transfer wide receiver Agiye Hall is scheduled to visit Texas this weekend. Hall is slated to get into town today and stay through the weekend. Texas is front and center in this recruitment and the familiarity with Hall from members of the Texas staff gives them an idea of what they have and a leg up in his pursuit. I haven't heard of much in the way of competition for Hall, and I think Texas could potentially close the deal this weekend for the talented receiver.

— I checked in with 2022 Texas signee Devon Campbell at his meet where he won the district championship in shotput and discus. Campbell looked to be in phenomenal shape at somewhere around 310 pounds coming off of his basketball season. Campbell was on campus two weeks ago to take in a Texas practice and he came away impressed with the intensity and offensive skill. Campbell knows he has an opportunity to play right away and is focused on doing everything he can to prepare for competition immediately. Campbell enrolles on June 1 and is ready to get to work.

• Hook 'Em 6

By: Justin and Gerry

APRIL 15th

Agiye Hall, WR, Alabama via Valrico (Fla.) Bloomingdale

This kind of a big deal. The top 100 talent is too hard to ignore, red flags or not. Hall appeared in seven games as a true freshman, with 72 yards receiving on four catches. Where things get interesting with Hall is we’re not 100% sure they’ll push for him despite this portal recruitment reminding us of Keilan Robinson’s where UT is the clear leader.

First, they’ll want to make sure he’s a program fit. Second, they need to be sure he’s their best option. Now, it’s impossible to know who will become available, but if you’ve been following this aspect of CFB you know there’s always another one. And there will likely be “another one.”

13 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

By: Justin and Gerry

APRIL 15th

Agiye Hall, WR, Alabama via Valrico (Fla.) Bloomingdale

This kind of a big deal. The top 100 talent is too hard to ignore, red flags or not. Hall appeared in seven games as a true freshman, with 72 yards receiving on four catches. Where things get interesting with Hall is we’re not 100% sure they’ll push for him despite this portal recruitment reminding us of Keilan Robinson’s where UT is the clear leader.

First, they’ll want to make sure he’s a program fit. Second, they need to be sure he’s their best option. Now, it’s impossible to know who will become available, but if you’ve been following this aspect of CFB you know there’s always another one. And there will likely be “another one.”

Does anyone know what the fuck they're hinting at here? I hate when they do this "wink-wink" shit. The "program fit" thing makes sense, but who is going to be a better option than a 5-star sophomore? Shit, On3 had him as the number 11 overall recruit in the class. 

Hall and Mathis would be huge for this team.  Our WR starters are fantastic.  After that, the rest of the position should be playing at Texas State.  We’re 1 Whittington pending injury from having only 2 capable WRs.

Mathis is the most important player for this defense.  We legit done have a single capable or average pass rusher on campus.

2 hours ago, JerryHubbard said:

You might be a GenX by birth, but you sure do talk like a Boomer.

Welcome to the club, my grouchy brother!

The boomers are the worst generation in the history of this country, followed by their evil spawn of know-everything do-nothing clowns.

15 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Hall and Mathis would be huge for this team.  Our WR starters are fantastic.  After that, the rest of the position should be playing at Texas State.  We’re 1 Whittington pending injury from having only 2 capable WRs.

Mathis is the most important player for this defense.  We legit done have a single capable or average pass rusher on campus.

Hall is a cancer and will flop wherever he lands. He's the Javonne Shephard of this year's transfer portal.

IF Texas lands Mathis, which Mathis is Texas getting? The standout from 2020? Or the injured-ish JAG from 2021? 

• Fuck You 1

32 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Does anyone know what the fuck they're hinting at here? I hate when they do this "wink-wink" shit. The "program fit" thing makes sense, but who is going to be a better option than a 5-star sophomore? Shit, On3 had him as the number 11 overall recruit in the class. 

I hate that shit too but it's their bread-and-butter. There will be a new group of "established" players entering the portal post-spring and I'm guessing at least one of them is someone that they love, a guy that has already been productive in college. There are a couple of Horns that may be heading to the portal as well - really it's just fucking chaos. 

8 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I hate that shit too but it's their bread-and-butter. There will be a new group of "established" players entering the portal post-spring and I'm guessing at least one of them is someone that they love, a guy that has already been productive in college. There are a couple of Horns that may be heading to the portal as well - really it's just fucking chaos

So you mean it's....

Elmo On Fire GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)