• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

aggy is incredibly lucky this shitshow of a season didn't occur pre-NIL..back when the NCAA at least pretended to have teeth.

Gomers are gonna have to dig deep under the couch cushions to keep what recruits they have now, much less any last minute flip attempts.

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Okay that’s legit looks like a klan rally. Everything they do they say it was from something old. Have they been doing that since the 30s too? I’m seriously curious what their explanation is but I’m not going to go anywhere near texags.

From the inside out you can’t explain it, and from the outside in you can’t understand it.  But yeah, klan rally.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

55 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Who the hell would be available in the middle of the year? 

Jimbo said he would only give up play calling to one man.  The brightest, most creative offensive mind football has ever seen.

College football roundup: Ex-Horns coach Greg Davis hired by Iowa

Edited by Assman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Okay that’s legit looks like a klan rally. Everything they do they say it was from something old. Have they been doing that since the 30s too? I’m seriously curious what their explanation is but I’m not going to go anywhere near texags.

No, since the sixties. The 1960's.

https://www.thebatt.com/a-history-of-the-flight-of-the-great-pumpkin/article_a3a6db8e-9f19-11e6-ace2-6bd9af5f5f56.html

Jimbo said he would only give up play calling to one man.  The brightest, most creative offensive mind football has ever seen.

ghows-TX-1a496894-1532-412d-a70f-61fefe159be5-b88d8183.jpeg?width=1200&disable=upscale&format=pjpg&auto=webp

That kind of high powered bubble screen will get blown up without the right kind of S&C. I know of only one mad dog that is mad enough…..
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

19 - Years since A&M allowed more rushing yards in a single game than it did Saturday night vs. Ole Miss. The Rebels gained 390 yards on the ground vs. DJ Durkin’s defense. To find a game featuring more rushing yards against the Aggie defense, you have to go back to 2003 when a 4-8 A&M team in year one under Dennis Franchione allowed 393 rushing yards to the Texas Longhorns in the final game of the season.

Each Monday during the 2022 Texas A&M football season, we’ll identify a first or second-year Aggie player who delivered an exceptional performance over the weekend and earned the distinction of being the week’s ‘Overnight Sensation.’

Weig ‘Em.

After waiting patiently for his chance, Conner Weigman got the nod as starting quarterback against Ole Miss, and quite frankly, he lived up to the hype surrounding his name.

The freshman’s star-studded performance was marred by a 31-28 loss. However, it should be said that Weigman displayed undeniable character and leadership in nearly executing a comeback win over a top-15 team.

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I... I just can't even...

Flight of the Great Pumpkin, also known as Flight, did go through changes after the event became a competition between the Fightin’ Texas Aggie Band and Company C-2 when upperclassmen would try to smash and knock off the pumpkin on the freshman's head with ax handles inside the band dorm.

Now, I'm a bit far from Texas (although I do know a couple of aggy even up here). But every time I try to explain this thread/A&M to someone I just get this look like "that can't really be."

But they actually write this shit themselves, like it's normal. "Hey! The pumpkin head thing we do is funny - but what if'n we tried to whomp it off his head with some ax handles?"

I don't know whether to laugh or what. Okay, yeah I do. I laugh. Then I think hell, it could be worse. They could have used actual axes.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, flatdawgs said:

Now, I'm a bit far from Texas (although I do know a couple of aggy even up here). But every time I try to explain this thread/A&M to someone I just get this look like "that can't really be."

But they actually write this shit themselves, like it's normal. "Hey! The pumpkin head thing we do is funny - but what if'n we tried to whomp it off his head with some ax handles?"

I don't know whether to laugh or what. Okay, yeah I do. I laugh. Then I think hell, it could be worse. They could have used actual axes.

That’s stupid af, it had to have been made up after the fact to hide its real origins. What other context have you seen people marching down a street with tiki torches that didn’t involve “klanish” sentiment?

10 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Wonder if it is Brady, he would fit the bill of a guy who would command the $$$.

Joe Brady was very upfront and clear the he hated recruiting.

so to hire another offensive coach they would have to demote/fire one of Dickey (OC/TE) or Coley (OC/WR.) if demoted, they would have to then either replace Dameyune Craig (QB) or Tommie Robinson (RB.) I actually forgot Addazzio was still employed as their OL coach.

oh yeah, and they would have to do it in season.

Joe Brady would command the $$$ but why would he leave the Bills, where he is the QB coach, in the middle of the season (or before the end of the season if they hire him before NSD1) and torch any hope he has of getting future NFL jobs?

i would be shocked if they don't turn over basically everyone on their offensive coaching staff outside of Coley. but secretly i hope they hire some hotshot OC, keep Coley/Craig/Robinson. idk how they can keep Addazio at this point.

10 hours ago, TexasGolf said:

E16E8E59-9758-40E6-A517-5EEC3EB5E42A.gif

University Of Colorado GIF by CUBoulder

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, flatdawgs said:

I’ve always thought that a well-done film documentary on Texas AM would be hugely successful. It would be hilarious, mystifying, stunning, terrifying. And it wouldn’t be difficult - it writes itself. I am 45 and grew up 70 miles from college station and I am still surprised, amused, astounded and horrified by the bizarre shit that they do and the pride they take in it.

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 1

I just don't see Jimbo hiring anyone that would show him up for the dumbass he is.  

What are they going to do to him?

I don't pretend to know anything about the contracts these guys get,  and neither does aggy,  but since they are going to owe Jimbo $85 million,  could they reassign him?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I just don't see Jimbo hiring anyone that would show him up for the dumbass he is.  

What are they going to do to him?

I don't pretend to know anything about the contracts these guys get,  and neither does aggy,  but since they are going to owe Jimbo $85 million,  could they reassign him?

Maybe he could be paid to design another golf course in Steiner Ranch?

4 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

No... but I've lived the cautionary tale of syphilis....

This is the ag thread, not the red raider thread.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, NoName said:

so to hire another offensive coach they would have to demote/fire one of Dickey (OC/TE) or Coley (OC/WR.) if demoted, they would have to then either replace Dameyune Craig (QB) or Tommie Robinson (RB.) I actually forgot Addazzio was still employed as their OL coach.

Joe Brady would command the $$$ but why would he leave the Bills, where he is the QB coach, in the middle of the season (or before the end of the season if they hire him before NSD1) and torch any hope he has of getting future NFL jobs?

Yeah, this Joe Brady speculation is another aggy wet dream.

I don't know about him hating recruiting, but a lot of coaches are "NFL guys" for that reason.  And if Buffalo has another successful season and he wants an OC job, he'll be able to find one in much better places -- in NFL or college -- than College fucking Station and the shitshow program Jimbo has created. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

That’s stupid af, it had to have been made up after the fact to hide its real origins. What other context have you seen people marching down a street with tiki torches that didn’t involve “klanish” sentiment?
Chasing Frankenstein.

But we all know aggy isn't creating a monster despite the multitude of Igors.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

i would be shocked if they don't turn over basically everyone on their offensive coaching staff outside of Coley. but secretly i hope they hire some hotshot OC, keep Coley/Craig/Robinson. idk how they can keep Addazio at this point.

There is no real advantage to naming someone officially until the end of the season. It's not like they are going to install the offense mid season. If I am Jimbo, I tell the OC that he can bring in an entire new staff with him. Brady currently is making 1 million per season, if Jimbo gets stupid and throws 3 or 4 mil per year plus lets him fill out his staff with a bunch of recruiters, then I could see it happening. This is what Jimbo SHOULD do, regardless of hire. But, if he is intent on keeping his bagmen in place then it could gum up the works. 

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I’ve always thought that a well-done film documentary on Texas AM would be hugely successful. It would be hilarious, mystifying, stunning, terrifying. And it wouldn’t be difficult - it writes itself. I am 45 and grew up 70 miles from college station and I am still surprised, amused, astounded and horrified by the bizarre shit that they do and the pride they take in it.

It would really make a great limited series like don't fuck with cats or tiger King where each episode gets crazier and crazier