• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

13 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

This is a horrific student recruiting video.  aTm was one of many colleges we visited for my youngest last year.  I was pleasently surprised that NONE of the tour, videos, etc. were anything like this.  It would have turned off nearly 100% of the crowd.  The primary tour guides (aTm students) gave a single uninspired "whoop" during the tour as we stopped near Kyle Field.  Our engineering dept tour guide was one of the heads of admissions - and an Aggie alumnus.  He focused on the department, research, faculty, and facilities.  None of the foolishness I feared.

As an entity, though, they just cannot seem to modernize.  And maybe they do not feel the need.  They have record enrollment, which is good for business.  The penchant of their leadership to collossally screw up the management and handing of female and minority administrative and faculty talent should eventually lead to a major modernization.  Well, that's what I keep saying to myself...  And hoping for, as a Texas resident and taxpayer.

"We aren't followers..."

That's exactly what those waterheads are. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

You know what the move to the SEC has done? For a long time, we all knew about the "weird" of A&M. Going to the SEC brought it national. It's now talked about throughout college football. Hell, the ad they did had to address it.

What is so fucking hard about producing a normal half-time spot focused on students, academics, and generically building the future? Every other university seems able to do it. But not A&M. First, it was fuck academics, we are a football factory (just not one that wins like you'd expect). Now it's we are weirdos. Come and be a weirdo with us.

WTF? They really are pathological.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

What is so fucking hard about producing a normal half-time spot focused on students, academics, and generically building the future? Every other university seems able to do it. But not A&M. First, it was fuck academics, we are a football factory (just not one that wins like you'd expect). Now it's we are weirdos. Come and be a weirdo with us.

WTF? They really are pathological.   

spew jay leno GIF

• Like 1

5 hours ago, destroya said:

Watched jimbos post game presser and a reporter mentioned Miami had 140-something yards after the catch.

Jimbo responded with the usual coach speak…tackling better, leverage points, cover better, wrapping up. All the same shit we heard when Texas had the same problem. Looking back, there was never an easy in season fix, and the issues were more talent, scheme, coaching and culture, all things that required multiple seasons and coaching changes to address.  Fucking glorious to see Aggie having the same issues.  

The problem is Jimbo bought 10 DL and no CBs.

2 hours ago, boilerhorn said:

This is a horrific student recruiting video.  aTm was one of many colleges we visited for my youngest last year.  I was pleasently surprised that NONE of the tour, videos, etc. were anything like this.  It would have turned off nearly 100% of the crowd.  The primary tour guides (aTm students) gave a single uninspired "whoop" during the tour as we stopped near Kyle Field.  Our engineering dept tour guide was one of the heads of admissions - and an Aggie alumnus.  He focused on the department, research, faculty, and facilities.  None of the foolishness I feared.

As an entity, though, they just cannot seem to modernize.  And maybe they do not feel the need.  They have record enrollment, which is good for business.  The penchant of their leadership to collossally screw up the management and handing of female and minority administrative and faculty talent should eventually lead to a major modernization.  Well, that's what I keep saying to myself...  And hoping for, as a Texas resident and taxpayer.

..... and as a Longhorn ..... because, given they never were never separated from The University in the Texas State Constitution, every fuckup is funded with OUR MONEY in the form of the 1/3rd annual payment they receive from the AUF.

It's a broken record at this point.  They are not a legally separate entity.  The are burning OUR MONEY.

4 hours ago, Big Frog II said:

Aggies everywhere are looking for any skeleton in any closet to get rid of Jimbo.

Over in OJ (Ojinaga to heathen) they can find Chuy y El Flaco. Technically El Flaco is not a skeleton, but he is 6'2" and weighs a buck forty, so he might as well be Skeletor. Give them a shout, and your problem will be taken care of. Last I heard, care-taking was $2,500 and if you wanted the remains not found, $5,000. Cheap at twice the price.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Deej said:

"We aren't followers..."

That's exactly what those waterheads are. 

Riddle inside an enigma

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Lol they dont have a tower or a distinguishing building on campus, so they close with a shot of a water tower

a water.tower.

they do have a "distinct" building that screams aggy.... the eller oceanography and meteorological building:

10 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Over in OJ (Ojinaga to heathen) they can find Chuy y El Flaco. Technically El Flaco is not a skeleton, but he is 6'2" and weighs a buck forty, so he might as well be Skeletor. Give them a shout, and your problem will be taken care of. Last I heard, care-taking was $2,500 and if you wanted the remains not found, $5,000. Cheap at twice the price.

DM sent.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the new aggy school commercial aired during miami game:

"we're not weird"

Finally saw this "ad" while rewatching the game today. I mean really wth? How could ANYONE, even aggy think this shows them in a positive light. I was so confused and dizzy after watching that supposedly uplifting testimonial that I thought I was concussed.