• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

9 minutes ago, statsman said:

It cracks me up that Liucci, the spokesman for their athletics, looks like a guy pushing a stolen shopping cart full of crap picked from the trash, to his panhandling spot at a busy intersection

Loochi is a fascinating train wreck of fashion. As you note, his clothing style is straight out of bum fights, but his chin puff goatee facial hair suggests a fedora that never appears, instead opting for a truck stop lot lizard ball cap. I can only imagine he smells like BO and a lot of Nautica.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, utexas8 said:

Is lanning a good coach? Haven’t seen their games. Seems that a lot of them are good there but not their next stop.

I am surprised by the hype.  Oregon is Lanning's first head coaching gig.  He hired a bunch of recruiters (as did Cristobal before him). There have probably only been a handful of games in his tenure where he hasn't had a player talent advantage.  1st game against Georgia they (UGA) definitely had more talent.  UW last year could have been more talented...or at least pretty even.  Last year he obviously lost the 1st game against Georgia.  He also lost to UW (seemed like their staff out coached the Duck staff) and Oregon State [I can't remember all of the details...(Bo Nix played injured?)]. He also lost to UW again this year with 3 or 4 aggressive (his spin on it) 4th down calls.

He is doing a much better job than Cristobal.  He has made some aggressive moves (4th downs) that he stands by, but has been really good at managing the clock. He is young and pretty good but still gaining experience.

AD was being interviewed on local radio about the extension.  The AD tried to downplay the way Kelly, Taggart and Cristobal left being a direct cause of the extension with a bigger buyout but it seems pretty plausible.  The AD was selling Lanning as impressive with his vision for NIL, Transfer Portal etc. and the way that college football is going. Lanning has coaching potential and an upside, but with the talent advantages he has had, it is still too early to really know conclusively.

Bjork is so stupid... I rewatched his presser... He actually thinks the current coaching staff is going to give a damn about finishing this season strong rather than looking for new jobs themselves... Any new coach is going to bring in their own staff... 

Also, as mentioned above, their 12th man foundation is going to pay the immediate buy-out expenses. But the annual buy-out expenses are going to come from their athletic program - funding sources to be determined as their current revenue streams are already tied up funding other expenses.... 

Edited by ChickenNuggets
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

will repeat as often as necessary.....  the PUF is 1000% the property of The University; the AUF is the annual disbursement of surplus earnings; 2/3rds of the AUF goes to the Texas system, 1/3rd goes to the aggy mothership & prairie view, and 100% of all AUF payments are for "excellence" programs, university "administration" and payments against PUF-compliant bonds

the Branch College that started calling itself a University in 1948 only "owns" the PUF through it's 100% subsidiary branch status which was never amended in the Texas State Constitution, despite the declarations of UTIMCO itself that attest to aggy "owning" 1/3rd of the PUF

aggy owns 0% of the PUF

aggy gets 1/3rd of the AUF

aggy is not supposed to spend the AUF on paying off the tacklebox, NIL, or jimbo buyouts

So again, if they can’t use money from here, does the buyout have to be coming from donors?

4 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Bjork is so stupid... I rewatched his presser... He actually thinks the current coaching staff is going to give a damn about finishing this season strong rather than looking for new jobs themselves... Any new coach is going to bring in their own staff... 

Also, as mentioned above, their 12th man foundation is going to pay the immediate buy-out expenses. But the annual buy-out expenses are going to come from their athletic program - funding sources to be determined as their current revenue streams are already tied up funding other expenses.... 

It's a good thing they didn't take out a huge loan for their stadium renovations that are taking years to pay off and that we're not in an era where fan foundations should be directing their spending to NIL to remain competitive then, surely aggy will weather this just fine.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

He didn't lose his job, he just ran out of time.

Meanwhile

Freeze at A&M would be a serious problem… He may not be the most functional on NIL, but neither is A&M. That son of a bitch can seriously cheat though and actually knows how to coach. So it would be a race between making the CFP title game and the NCAA (and IRS), but he would be a serious pain in the ass until he self immolated…

9 minutes ago, mdleast said:

SIAP (recently) but this argument by her is never not amazingly ridiculous and oh so aggy

The ending is fucking hilarious though, she walked her self into a big brother constantly shitting on little brother scenario and those guys jumped all over it then she paused lolololololololololol. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

The ending is fucking hilarious though, she walked her self into a big brother constantly shitting on little brother scenario and those guys jumped all over it then she paused lolololololololololol. 

So at what point did Aggy start talking about how much money they have? It seems nouveau riche... Is it when they started printing diplomas a few years ago and letting anyone in under the sun? Why do they think their alumni are wealthier than Texas'? Need help understanding that one.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yes I love the verbal corner she put herself in and they all pounced:

“Oklahoma and Oklahoma State”

“yes! YES!”
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, ChickenNuggets said:

So at what point did Aggy start talking about how much money they have?

When the state of Texas started getting hit with hurricanes on the regular and Herr Chancellor Sharp was put in charge of federal relief funds to funnel.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Houston sports radio is going to be on fire tomorrow:

Texans win Stroud may be the NFL MVP at this point

Astros hire a manager

Rockets take 6th in a row

Got Jimbo

Got dam... What day is Jimbo mornay on with John and Lance? 

I know some of you have access to them. Fire up the bomc. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I've watched this twice and I'm trying to put to words what it is that makes Bjork so off-putting.  Is he some kinda AI bot?  Tries to sound all badass after firing a coach.  Decorum states one should be rather solemn after that.  Be clear that a change needed to be made, thank Fisher for his service, say some nice things about him then move on to next week.  He spent a lot of time talking about the buyout and slobbering over fans.  Weird,  Like he's that snotty shitstain at work who thinks he's CEO material and can get there by repeating buzzwords and sounding assertive.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I've watched this twice and I'm trying to put to words what it is that makes Bjork so off-putting.  Is he some kinda AI bot?  Tries to sound all badass after firing a coach.  Decorum states one should be rather solemn after that.  Be clear that a change needed to be made, thank Fisher for his service, say some nice things about him then move on to next week.  He spent a lot of time talking about the buyout and slobbering over fans.  Weird,  Like he's that snotty shitstain at work who thinks he's CEO material and can get there by repeating buzzwords and sounding assertive.

Spending $77 million you don't have with no plan? Sounds pretty sweet.

Blank Check (1994) - IMDb

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Why would someone leave Oregon for Collie Station?

29 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

witness protection program, sheep fetish, kidnapping, racism, etc.

Did y'all miss the part where you can make $100M without doing any actual work?

Hell, I'd move to college station, praise the milkmen and call dead dogs "ladies" for half that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Looch- " and that's not an exaggeration " 

Narrator- It's an exaggeration 

"Bellichick would give this job serious consideration." - Looch

13 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Spending $77 million you don't have with no plan? Sounds pretty sweet.

Blank Check (1994) - IMDb

Bro this movie is fucking insane in retrospect

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Why would someone leave Oregon for Collie Station?

They wouldn't.  Oregon is close to a playoff berth and they're joining the Big 10 B1G whatever it is this year.  No man in his right mind is leaving a Phil Knight-funded school in Eugene for the freakshow of College Station.