Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

15 minutes ago, CoTex said:

Question - which is better?

A.  Blue chip coach for $9mil a year

B.  Up and comer coach for $4mil and $5mil to NIL some o-line/d-line players?

Based on my unscientific observation, I'm taking B unless A gets me Saban.  

A only works for Saban, Meyer, Smart and maybe Dabo if the kids buy in. Those are the types that would get kids to stay regardless of ERob staying or not. 

B and ERob/Durkin staying to keep the kids in place would work out if the the coach is a Traylor type. If Traylor or comparable try to bring in a new staff that doesn't have big game experience then it will be a tough 6 years in CS.

2 minutes ago, Welshy said:

The desperation and inferiority is appalling. It is absolutely disgusting that one of the "best" state Universities Texas has to offer is this fucked up.

They're like a McMurtry character without any charm whatsoever.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Bjork has made two football hires since becoming a full time AD. 

At Western Kentucky in 2010 he hired Willie Taggert who was the Stanford RB coach. Side note: Jack Harbaugh was the replacement for Taggert at Stanford for the bowl. They also worded together previously at WKU in the 90s. 

At Ole Miss 2012 he hired Hugh Freeze after his first year as a HC at Arkansas State. He had taken over as HC at ASU after being the OC for one year. 

Some seem to think that he hired Kiffin at Ole Miss but that hire happened 7 months after Bjork left for College Station. The only connection there is the 2 years Durkin spent at Ole Miss. 

Based on his history, Bjork likes younger coaches and they don't have to have any history as a HC or even coordinator in Taggerts case. 

So my off the wall predication using his history of plucking Harbaugh staffs and up and comer types is Jesse Minter who is the Co DC at Michigan now. This is of course assuming that staff escapes without any NCAA penalties going forward. 

You think he's running the show here? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Just saw this comment from an aggy reader on an Athletic article, where they're arguing about whether Oregon or aggy has more money:

Phil Knight's total net worth is only relevant if you think he's willing to spend it all on Oregon football. What we *do* know is that Texas A&M just agreed to pay over $75 million to make a coach to away. I have yet to see Oregon or anyone affiliated with Oregon willing to do something like that.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I was thinking about Matt Rhule earlier.  Dude can coach and knows offensive line which is their biggest weakness (well, one of them at least).

I'd support aggy poaching Rhule from Corn Aggy, if only to see the spectacular meltdown of Corn Aggy over a program like aggy poaching their coach.

50/50 chance Rhule would work out at aggy...I feel like I've seen this movie before, several times.

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Calling my shot here.  Lincoln Riley.  

The timing matches up.  (Their last game is this Saturday.)  Dan Lanning's timeline does not match up.  Also, why the abrupt firing now and not the end of the season.  LR will take it because it'll be his last big pay day.  He can't recruit at SC and he'll figure the NIL Aggy game will help him out there.

That'll be $9.95.

Wait - you think LR will swap his bags of dicks for jizz jars?

22 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Considering that the full price of the decision to hire and fire Jimbo will exceed $100m, it's incredible to think about the opportunity costs not only for a&m, but also for the donors.  

ROI is obviously not be a consideration at all for the aggies.

The only thing that makes sense for a&m's next move, based on how they behave, is that they will essentially double down on the next move in a hope to "atone" for their mistakes to make it all worth it (however they define value; there definitely isn't going to be any form of a NPV calc near this decision).

I expect a massive budget for the next coach and staff, and massive budget on recruits/transfers, at least in year 1. 

100% this. Imagine the crazy concessions you could get them to agree to now that they have to actually have to follow through with a plan of action. If I was a hotshot coach, off the top of my head I'd probably ask for:

- $250M/10 years, payable up front
- Two national championship trophies to be presented at my coronation
- Mandate that the aggy band follow me around everywhere on campus playing "Move Bitch"
- Replace the bidet in the coaches private bathroom with Billy Liucci (I wouldn't actually want that clown licking my asshole, but the idea of him agreeing it to it would be too good to pass up)

And once it was all agreed to in writing, I'd just get a raise from my current school and stop answering Bjork's calls. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Just saw this comment from an aggy reader on an Athletic article, where they're arguing about whether Oregon or aggy has more money:

Phil Knight is worth over $40 billion.  $75 million to a guy like Knight is a rounding error.

If Phil Knight wants you to stay, he absolutely has the cash to make it happen.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

They are really proud of how much money they are lighting on fire.  It's funny as shit.

This paired with the fact with they only have money they can steal from something else enough to afford the first 2 payments and have no plan to come up with 7M+ every year after that for 7 years is fucking hilarious.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

*Their

We should tell the ESG cocksmokers to sit and spin but we also should not export oil from Texas to any of these other pansy states or nations.

*ESG = Environmental, Social, and Governance

The real ESG is Everyday Street Gangsta and he is cool as shit and excluded from this discussion.

That's not how commodities work.  They are fungible.  It does not matter whether it is exported or not the global demand and production sets the price.  Unless you are against capitalism and free markets and want to go with a state run economy.

But you missed the point that the Saudi's have oil and make money selling it and the signs say we should not buy oil from the Saudis but I guess the same people that put up the sign are happy taking "their" money to advance Texum aggy football.

Edit:  But then TAMC Athletics is playing shell games with the money to buy out Jimbo's contract so they know the whole fungible thing.

Edited by TexasEd

11 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Where is this “aggy has the most money” shit coming from? Just saw finebaum say aggy could buy bama, auburn and Florida and that Texas is second on most money? 

These guys exist for you to react just like that.  Just say whatever as long as it causes controversy and provokes someone.  He's just a penis-shaped Stephen A. Smith for racists.

• Like 1

All I've got to say is this: No matter who they choose, (unless they gamble on a coordinator/G5 coach) if they go back to a sane, normal P5 coach contract it will seem like an insult to whoever it is that accepts.

They made such a loud, bombastic "hey look at us, we rollin in money ya'll!" Bfd when they hired Jimbo. Will they show humility this time?

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

yeah, Phil Knight has no history of incredibly huge $$$ given to Oregon.

Powered by a historic $500 million gift from Phil and Penny Knight that launched a new science campus, the University of Oregon amassed a record-breaking $695 million in donations for the 2017 fiscal year

also he's entering the Jerry Jones window of "want to win a championship before i die" and may just not give a damn.

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Just had a flashback to doing media...every college football stadium I ever went to had a buffet for the press...except Kyle Field, which had an actual concession stand in the press box (likely because they sold unused media seats to old people, so you'd have these old men cheering in the press box when aggy did something, and then the aggy SID would give these men a stern warning [loudly enough for media to hear] that there will be no cheering in the press area and then they'd do the same thing the next time aggy scored) and your media packet for the game had a 2 tickets like this in it:

red500rollticket1-600x600.jpg

and you could choose how you wanted to spend them at the concession stand.  

Anyways, it just dawned on me -- aggy is going to try to pay Jimbo with these:

red500rollticket1-600x600.jpg

He's getting in on the ground floor.

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Calling my shot here.  Lincoln Riley.  

The timing matches up.  (Their last game is this Saturday.)  Dan Lanning's timeline does not match up.  Also, why the abrupt firing now and not the end of the season.  LR will take it because it'll be his last big pay day.  He can't recruit at SC and he'll figure the NIL Aggy game will help him out there.

That'll be $9.95.

except that SC is a significantly better, easier and guaranteed job. he has a great QB room there vs whatever shitshow he walks into at A&M, he has the inside scoop to the school/program via Henson and who would rather live in College Station than the greater LA area? you think his wife is going to be fine w/ that considering they just got out of the shithole that is Norman?

"can't recruit at SC" - you think it's harder to recruit to Southern Cal than it is to OU? lol

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by NoName

31 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Where is this “aggy has the most money” shit coming from? Just saw finebaum say aggy could buy bama, auburn and Florida and that Texas is second on most money? 

Probably from Uncle Nate.  Just like the story that Manziel's family had so much money he didn't need to take any under the table.

• Hook 'Em 2