Mass casualty event in Waukesha, WI

TXSG8R

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Oops! After I accidentally ran over all those people in that parade I accidentally started firing my gun into the crowd.

I hate it when that happens. 

I believe the police chief stated that didn't happen, but it's early and they're still gathering information from witnesses, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Oops! After I accidentally ran over all those people in that parade I accidentally started firing my gun into the crowd.

I hate it when that happens. 

Last I had read (and it may have have changed), the cops were shooting into the car to try to stop the guy. Which makes me think they didn’t think it was accidental. 

Released from jail 2 days ago on $1000 bond for 3 misdemeanors & 2 felonies.

If those are accurate, the “highest” charge was for, functionally, domestic violence assault. Which is quite often just not treated as a serious charge by courts.

All that said, the purpose of a bond is to ensure that the accused shows up for trial. Of course, there’s ALSO a charge of skipping bail, so….sure would like to know what went into the recent bond hearing.

What a shitty story. Whatever charges he faced before, he’s now going down for multiple murders. I’ve actually been to Waukesha - I was bowled over by how genuinely nice everyone was.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

If those are accurate, the “highest” charge was for, functionally, domestic violence assault. Which is quite often just not treated as a serious charge by courts.

All that said, the purpose of a bond is to ensure that the accused shows up for trial. Of course, there’s ALSO a charge of skipping bail, so….sure would like to know what went into the recent bond hearing.

What a shitty story. Whatever charges he faced before, he’s now going down for multiple murders. I’ve actually been to Waukesha - I was bowled over by how genuinely nice everyone was.

too soon

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Just awful. The plastic barriers blocking the parade route clearly aren't enough for these kinds of events. Seems every year we have a few mass casualty events at festivals where some asshole with a truck runs through people. Hope they find all the human scum that did it and kill them on sight. Save everyone a lot of trouble.

13 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Just awful. The plastic barriers blocking the parade route clearly aren't enough for these kinds of events. Seems every year we have a few mass casualty events at festivals where some asshole with a truck runs through people. Hope they find all the human scum that did it and kill them on sight. Save everyone a lot of trouble.

It might take more than plastic barriers.  Maybe it would be helpful to keep criminals locked up?

BREAKING: Suspect in Waukesha ‘mass casualty incident’ identified as career criminal Darrell E. Brooks

BREAKING: Suspect in Waukesha ‘mass casualty incident’ identified as career criminal Darrell E. Brooks

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-suspect-in-waukesha-mass-casualty-incident-identified-as-career-criminal-darrell-e-brooks

It might take more than plastic barriers.  Maybe it would be helpful to keep criminals locked up?

Untitled-design---2021-11-21T201959.135.jpg
https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-suspect-in-waukesha-mass-casualty-incident-identified-as-career-criminal-darrell-e-brooks
Tell that to the judge that let him off with $1000 in bail. She was appointed by Scott Walker, so you can probably figure out her political alignment, so you can go bitch about it in CR.

2 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:
6 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Untitled-design---2021-11-21T201959.135.jpg

Tell that to the judge that let him off with $1000 in bail. She was appointed by Scott Walker, so you can probably figure out her political alignment, so you can go bitch about it in CR.

Thanks for bringing politics into my factual post about a tragic breaking story.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Was fleeing the scene of another crowd, got caught up in the parade, and I guess panicked when they got blocked in.

That tweet is so poorly written. I don’t know if he was stabbing or being stabbed.

makes some sense of the description of his driving that initially he seemed to be trying to avoid people and then suddenly didn’t seem to care (once the cops were shooting at him) and just tried to get through as fast as possible and didn’t dodge anyone.

Edited by lilMAC25

6 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

The plastic barriers are for visual demarcation, it wouldn’t even stop someone walking. I don’t think removable bollards would cost a city very much money to protect a repeatable route that occurs annually. That or they start adding and removing Jersey barriers, which is probably cheaper up front but a bigger PITA long term.