Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

More I think about it, this kinda sucks. If Riley gets USC up and running that partially negates one of the reasons we hired Sark -- recruiting inroads in SoCal. It's nice to see all these decommits from the gooner class right now, but I doubt we get a one of 'em. They are probably all following Riley to USC. 

Meanwhile, BlowU will turn its attention back more into Texas and get its usual allotment of traitors. 

8 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I'm too lazy to look up Lincoln's salary history or expenditures but the guy ain't hurting for money and he can absolutely be a HC somewhere for the next 25 years of his life, barring a horrible scandal.  

I'll say this, there are a lot of people here in cAlifornia who make a lot less than Lincoln that will never leave.  And they are well aware that their dollar would go further anywhere else.

Also, what makes you think a house in Manhattan Beach would depreciate faster than a very likely custom home in Norman.  If he builds an 8 million dollar home here vs in Norman, which one would get sold faster?  There are a lot more millionaires out here and beach front property, or any California property is a finite resourse.

There are a lot of athletes that live out here and they don't all play for the teams out here. Tiny example, but DYK Odell Beckham and Anthony Davis had homes out here before they were traded to their respective teams.

Hahaha. We sold our house in Manhattan Beach 8 years ago when we moved. We sold for $1.3m. A house that was torn down and rebuilt across street from it on shitty side of the street (backing onto a tire store on Sepulveda) just sold for $5mm. That guy’s cracking me up with his concerns about LRs home appreciation “issues” he’ll experience in awful LA. 

Edited by Xminus6
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Xminus6 said:

Hahaha. We sold our house in Manhattan Beach 8 years ago when we moved. We sold for $1.3m. A house that was torn down and rebuilt across street from it on shitty side of the street (backing onto a tire store on Sepulveda) just sold for $5mm. That guy’s cracking me up with his concerns about LRs home appreciation “issues” he’ll experience in awful LA. 

Well done.

9 hours ago, oh_snap said:

Hermosa Beach resident here. Let me pile on. Anyone that thinks SoCal sucks is a goddamn double digit IQ moron. 
Yes I miss Texas, but then I remember,  it’s 70 and sunny every day.

The only regret I have is that my children have no clue how fucking good they have it. Maybe they’ll grow up to be those douchebags you’re so afraid of. Oh well. 

I mean you live in hermosa. So children are already likely douchebags :)  as a South Bay resident my kids have become douchebags. I think it’s the strand and the big tits on rollerblades that does it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Xminus6 said:

Whatever you do. Don’t look up the value of it today lol.  I have some friends that bought a house in Torrance for 800K just to tear it down so they can build what they want haha 

7 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Fuck all of you California vs Oklahoma idiots. Nobody fucking cares about where you live, how much tax you do or do not have to pay, quality of life, or traffic. SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! 

This is a thread to pile on Oklahoma for being a stepping stone job and wallow in their misery while we all wonder if their next guy can outscore Gary Gibbs on the state insurance exam or have bigger tits than John Blake. What the fuck is wrong with all you? 

Found the poor 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

How to be a little bitch in 24 hours:

Tell your team you’re not leaving for another program, but leave out the fact that you’re leaving for a different one. 

Run off to an inferior conference because you are afraid of competition.

Throw your rivalry game so that you won’t have to play in the conference championship, freeing you up to take your new job early.

EABOD Riley  

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Zhorn96 said:

That is the correct question.  It’s like lumping Abilene and Lubbock in with Dallas

What about Lancaster and Fontana, tho?  Total armpits IMO.  

Great to have a coach back in place who knows how to properly rock a visor.  That’s what’s really important.  

4 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

More I think about it, this kinda sucks. If Riley gets USC up and running that partially negates one of the reasons we hired Sark -- recruiting inroads in SoCal. It's nice to see all these decommits from the gooner class right now, but I doubt we get a one of 'em. They are probably all following Riley to USC. 

Meanwhile, BlowU will turn its attention back more into Texas and get its usual allotment of traitors. 

This. 

9 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

You know what this tells me?

Texas isn’t a blue blood. USC just pulled a top coach from a place where he was winning conference championships 4 out of 5 seasons AND in the playoffs.

Texas….did not.

This was all about timing and USC benefitted from 1. Texas and OU's move to the SEC and 2. The Pac-12 being weak and ripe for the taking 

14 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Figured out but still top 5?

16 points against West Virginia 

7 points against Baylor starters 

zero offense points against OSU 

he beat up weaker defenses early in his tenure with points in the bad big12 , but no more this year . Many OU fans happy to get rid of him . Too soft and too stubborn .

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, AllenTx75 said:

16 points against West Virginia 

7 points against Baylor starters 

zero offense points against OSU 

he beat up weaker defenses early in his tenure with points in the bad big12 , but no more this year . Many OU fans happy to get rid of him . Too soft and too stubborn .

Soft Pussy.  Just my opinion.  Can’t fix it.  He will fit in well out west.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I hope Rhule stays in the NFL another two season just in case we have to cut bait with Sark.   

This is not necessarily a shot at any poster on this site or anywhere else, but I don't understand the thinking that Rhule is going back to college coaching. He was in a good situation at Baylor and could have just stayed there until a bigger college job came up but instead as soon as he had some success he quickly jumped to the NFL to coach a losing team. That tells me he wants to be an NFL coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

If Sark is worth a shit, it shouldn't matter. If Sark can get Texas going, he'll get guys -- especially QB's and WR's -- from wherever he wants to get them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I mean you live in hermosa. So children are already likely douchebags :)  as a South Bay resident my kids have become douchebags. I think it’s the strand and the big tits on rollerblades that does it. 

You know the drill. Come on, the thread needs it for Classics. 

So this means the king bag of dicks eater himself is making a comeback? He was rumored to be tied into the UF job about a month ago. LSU already had a leg up in the search for potential coaches and USC pulled off the move nobody seen coming. At least nobody in So Cal will judge Riley for his lack of ability in prepping up a brisket.

8 minutes ago, Chad said:

So this means the king bag of dicks eater himself is making a comeback? He was rumored to be tied into the UF job about a month ago. LSU already had a leg up in the search for potential coaches and USC pulled off the move nobody seen coming. At least nobody in So Cal will judge Riley for his lack of ability in prepping up a brisket.

He'll coach the bowl game.  If they win, I could see the admin giving him a year deal to "keep the ship righted" while they do a search. 

It's not "late" in the coaching search game in a normal year, but it's not even December 1 and 3 of the bigger open jobs (TCU, USC and Florida) are already filled.  Once LSU is filled (potentially this week), OU has to hire internally, take a chance on someone, try to lure a big name out of college or wait until Jan/Feb for an NFL name. 

If I was OU, I just let Bob be "interim," kick the tires after NFL season on some coaches and if I don't find anyone, keep Stoops on for 2022 and be the main driver of the coaching market next year. 

1 minute ago, Chad said:

Honestly I think thats the safe bet at this point, but OU fans in particular seem to overglorify Stoops performance in the back half of his career. I wouldnt say there was a dropoff at all from Stoops to Riley, there just wasnt an improvement. And if you aren't getting better it feels like you're getting worse. 

image.thumb.png.c5d7962d8525508d6dac03c104a2b58a.png

Texas fans would be stabbing grandmas to have that level of performance. Chitown is relieved they can move on. My guess is that Bob will probably  hover around the same level at best, and we'll see who they can lineup next. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Riley has nothing to play for. You think he wants to stay for the Alamo Bowl? Sark was announced on 1/3. What recruiting was left at that point? Early signing day was 12/16. Herman was fired on 1/2. 

I thought about that as well. Sark knew he was leaving before the NC game. While early signing passed, he needed more time for the regular signing day and to evaluate the players it seems and to work the portal. How has winning the title game as an OC helped him?

37 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

This is not necessarily a shot at any poster on this site or anywhere else, but I don't understand the thinking that Rhule is going back to college coaching. He was in a good situation at Baylor and could have just stayed there until a bigger college job came up but instead as soon as he had some success he quickly jumped to the NFL to coach a losing team. That tells me he wants to be an NFL coach.

Because we’ve seen a few coaches dip their toes in the NFL to later go back to the college ranks either as the HC (Saban) or as an Assistant.  He could very well want to be an NFL coach either as a HC or Assistant until he calls it a career.  Or he could be like Saban where he did a few years and got it out of his system and went back to the college ranks.  

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

I thought about that as well. Sark knew he was leaving before the NC game. While early signing passed, he needed more time for the regular signing day and to evaluate the players it seems and to work the portal. How has winning the title game as an OC helped him?

What part of we didn't fire Herman till January 2nd do you not understand? The Alamo Bowl was 12/29. I get you're bitter about how things turned out this year but you're picking a ridiculous thing to be upset about given the reality of how it all went down. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

What part of we didn't fire Herman till January 2nd do you not understand? The Alamo Bowl was 12/29. I get you're bitter about how things turned out this year but you're picking a ridiculous thing to be upset about given the reality of how it all went down. 

This.  Come on now.

Early signing period ended like December 20
Alamo Bowl was Dec 29
Herman was fired Jan 2
National championship game was Jan 11

With the late start into the coaching search and late start for Sark's tenure, that game was really his way to impress uncommitted guys on his offense on national TV. 

Riley trying to coach the bowl game for OU through the early signing day was next to impossible.  Riley has reasons to start the job now, flip his 2022 guys to USC for early signing day and then build momentum for NSD. 

Two totally different situations.  Same goes for Napier and Dykes. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Only on surly can someone turn Riley leaving Oklahoma into a bad thing for Texas. Perfection.

12 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I also don't think a week would have helped him evaluate us (on film) and work the portal, when the portal really didn't blow up until later. 

The problem is transfers seem to want to see something before deciding to take a chance on a first year coach.  You look at Aranda and Tucker who, after a shitty year, were able to sell something to portal guys like Kenneth Walker, Dillon Doyle and Siaki Ika. 

I know there's no "good" way for him to take the USC job, but this is The Godfather baptism scene level shit from Lincoln Riley. 

Most college coaches are snakes. Clay travis, who’s loved around these parts, was making good talking points yesterday that college coaches are the only profession that doesn’t have a non-compete in their contract.

The coach of the Timberwolves just can’t go coach the Knicks or lakers if they come calling. But college coaches can cut bait and bail if the right opportunity calls.

Really turns me off for my love of college football.

That and the money they and their coordinators make.

15 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Because we’ve seen a few coaches dip their toes in the NFL to later go back to the college ranks either as the HC (Saban) or as an Assistant.  He could very well want to be an NFL coach either as a HC or Assistant until he calls it a career.  Or he could be like Saban where he did a few years and got it out of his system and went back to the college ranks.  

Miami wasn't Sabans first go round in the NFL

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Most college coaches are snakes. Clay travis, who’s loved around these parts, was making good talking points yesterday that college coaches are the only profession that doesn’t have a non-compete in their contract.

The coach of the Timberwolves just can’t go coach the Knicks or lakers if they come calling. But college coaches can cut bait and bail if the right opportunity calls.

Really turns me off for my love of college football.

That and the money they and their coordinators make.

They’re only beat by college hoops coaches.  Definitely POS people as a group.