Ukraine War

Damn, reading the last few pages of this thread really is a surmise of the future as world resources dwindle.  More and more conflicts are going to occur as posturing runs out and the race for resources increases.  Sooner or later, tensions will break--and more places like the Ukraine will test world resolve.  Meanwhile dipshit Americans will twiddle with their iPhones and vote against their own interests while supporting politicians siding with fascists/communists/oligarchs/tyrants. That's a tall order for Western Democracy to fight for those abroad, while being gutted from the inside by their own.  

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

57 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

It appears our Republican countrymen are going to fuck this all to hell. 

I'm going to start telling them that Joe Biden said Americans should not to try and cross a busy highway on foot while blindfolded.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35592920/colorado-state-sorry-russia-chant-ukrainian-player

Colorado State issued a public apology to Utah State and Ukrainian guard Max Shulga after some of its fans chanted "Russia" at Shulga during Saturday's game.

Shulga -- who is from Kyiv, Ukraine, where his family still resides -- went to the free throw line late in the game, and the "Russia" chants could be heard from the Colorado State student section.

Hey Colorado State:

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Sounds like sanctions are starting to bite:

Russia’s budget revenues from oil and gas plunged in January by 46% compared to the same month last year due to the sanctions on Russian oil exports, which led to a slump in the price of Russia’s flagship crude grade.

Russian budget revenues from energy sales ‚Äď including taxes and customs revenues ‚Äď plummeted last month to the lowest level since August 2020, according to data from its finance ministry compiled by Reuters.

In January 2023, the price of Russia’s flagship Urals grade averaged 42% lower than in the same month of 2022, as its discount to Brent Crude grew wider following the EU embargo and the G7 price cap, which came into effect on December 5. The average price of Urals in January, at $49.48 per barrel, was 1.7 times lower than in January 2022, when it averaged $85.64 per barrel, Russia’s Finance Ministry said earlier this week.
Russia is considering taxing its oil firms based on the price of Brent ‚Äď instead of Urals ‚Äď to limit the fallout on the Russian budget revenues due to the widening discount of Urals to Brent, Russian daily Kommersant reported on Friday, quoting sources. ¬†

Russia is looking at ways to reduce the steep discount on Urals and to stabilize its oil revenues. At the end of January, Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the government to submit within a month proposals to change the methodology for calculating the taxes from oil, Kommersant’s sources said.

The EU oil ban and price cap are costing Russia an estimated $174 million (160 million euros) per day due to the fall in shipment volumes and prices for Russian oil, Finland-based Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air (CREA) said in a report last month. The revenue losses are expected to rise to $304 million (280 million euros) per day with additional measures that are being implemented as of February 5, according to CREA.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Russias-Oil-And-Gas-Revenues-Slump-46-Year-Over-Year.html

• Hook 'Em 3

Anecdotal, but I'm noticing more and more of my foxnews watching friends/family/coworkers mentioning how they are concerned about the money we are sending to Ukraine.  Concerned that it's too much money, concerned that Ukraine is corrupt, and concerned that we don't know where the money is going.  It's a pretty consistent line of BS, so the messaging machine fed by these assholes seems to be working.

My message in response has been the same every time - we have a Hitler/Churchill situation here and if you can't tell who is who, then you need to change the channel.  And when you have a Hitler/Churchill situation you don't let your concerns paralyze your support.  And we are sending our aging equipment/B team gear and able to help knock down one of the worst actors in the world without putting US troops in harm's way.  AND even though I don't like wasting money, this is a fart in the tornado of the defense spending budget.

Maddening.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Anecdotal, but I'm noticing more and more of my foxnews watching friends/family/coworkers mentioning how they are concerned about the money we are sending to Ukraine.  Concerned that it's too much money, concerned that Ukraine is corrupt, and concerned that we don't know where the money is going.  It's a pretty consistent line of BS, so the messaging machine fed by these assholes seems to be working.

My message in response has been the same every time - we have a Hitler/Churchill situation here and if you can't tell who is who, then you need to change the channel.  And when you have a Hitler/Churchill situation you don't let your concerns paralyze your support.  And we are sending our aging equipment/B team gear and able to help knock down one of the worst actors in the world without putting US troops in harm's way.  AND even though I don't like wasting money, this is a fart in the tornado of the defense spending budget.

Maddening.

Yes, all the "independent thinkers" think the same thing as Tucker Carlson.  They don't seem to understand that we're not giving them cash money.  We're giving equipment that we're not using anyway.  They also don't understand the perspective of the amount, to your point.  The new B-21 bomber program by itself is more money than we've given Ukraine.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Yes, all the "independent thinkers" think the same thing as Tucker Carlson.  They don't seem to understand that we're not giving them cash money.  We're giving equipment that we're not using anyway.  They also don't understand the perspective of the amount, to your point.  The new B-21 bomber program by itself is more money than we've given Ukraine.

Someone even brought up Zelensky's wife's spending habits - I heard she has been seen in Paris recently at all the luxury shops!!1!1!!1!one!!!  Like we are just giving Ukraine bags full of cash and they are helping themselves to it.  GTFOHWTMFBS

Maddening.
That narrative doesn't even make sense. If most of it was being stolen either Ukraine would have gotten rolled over already or the Russians are orders of magnitude shittier than we thought.

And even if some percent is getting stolen it's still the greatest bang for the buck we've gotten from defense /related spending that we've had in decades, maybe ever.

• Hook 'Em 1

√ó
√ó