Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

8 minutes ago, Penche Gringo said:

Ha ha ha

So futile! 
1. You piss of lege staff with a bunch of form-letters. 

2. An intern enters it into CMS where it is never seen again

3. Might get a vague letter or email that goes like this: Thank you for contacting my office concerning blah, blah, blah……

These people are clueless

I saw that one of the cosponsors of that bullshit piece of legislation they filed to make the State Legislature sign off on any conference moves was the individual who represented my old hometown.  I had to look him up because I had never heard of him before.  Turned out - surprise, surprise - he was an agroid.

Reminds me once again of why I noped the fuck out of that place 30+ years ago.

Have we asked the SEC to change its name to Longhorn Eastern Conference ("LEC") yet? Since we like to assert our power wherever we go, I thought changing the name to a more suitable one that shows who everyone's daddy is should be one of the first things on the agenda.

giphy.gif

Being the 6th winningest program in your conference the last decade - and posting this - is so quintessentially Texas.

But welcome. We were wandering in the wilderness a bit too, and it’s good to see both our programs getting back. Y’all are un-fucking our schedule issues as well, so for that alone I thank you.

53 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, Hi is this Dr. Dipshit from OleMiss?  I'm Dr. ChiTownDumbAss, I happen to be a Sooner.  I'm sure you've heard the big SEC news.  How do you think we can collaborate?  I was told this is what we should all be doing.  And I do everything I'm told because I'm a dipshit.  

Because the faculty at Stanford is collaborating with the faculty at Wazzu and Zona State?

Lulz.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Holy fuck they start a thread for every random thought that enters their head!  The setup seems to be very low tech.  You can like or dislike a thread but no rep count?  That place just seems like a cluster. 

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

tenor.gif

I feel only a little bad for Texas Tech because of the number of friends and family members who went there. I like Fort Worth and TCU just fine but whatever, they were really, really fortunate to be included in the Big 12 2.0 thanks to Deloss. Baylor can go fuck itself. I hope that program rots.

It's important to keep a tight rein on sympathy and pronouncements of sympathy. We have such a limited amount of it that it should be conserved. It can also make a man look soft to care about more than his immediate interests.

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yes please.  We need someone more hated than we are

B-b-b-but we had a gentlemen's agreement with the sec that we would be the most hated team forevernevernever!

Edited by Bevo14

33 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Seeing UGA fans calling us underachievers compared to them is gold.   It’s like the Sugar Bowl never happened.  

Didn’t they forget BEVO kicked their Bull Pup’s  ass too. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Nahlin

Today at 1:48 PM

A few Big 12/SEC notes:

— We still believe Texas and OU will formally announce their intentions to depart the Big 12 on Tuesday.

— Anybody who has an opinion on whether or not this will be UT’s last season in the Big 12 thinks it will be. We have a couple people who say they don’t know and won’t opine. This being the last season in the Big 12 is the only thing that makes sense but it’s just not 100% foregone according to those we talk to. It’ll get figured out and the quicker that happens the better for recruiting purposes.

— We’ve heard Oklahoma State is wanting to join the SEC deal late but we’re not sure how that will be received. Oklahoma State and OU “decoupled” in recent years so any news or sentiment they’re shocked and chagrined about this is probably posturing. UT and OU might not be the last of SEC realignment news this summer, though.

— TCU is talking with members of the Pac 12 and ACC. They will have internal meetings on Monday to discuss their options going forward. From a television perspective, TCU would make sense as a team that could play in the 11:00 a.m. CST time slot. The Pac is going to need to have a presence in that time slot.

— The AAC has already said they’ll take just about everybody they can get. 

— Texas Tech has been the most vocal objector behind the scenes to the Texas and OU move, but there’s no sense anything can be done to stop the inevitable. Because of that, other schools are loathe to join them in voicing dissatisfaction. It’ll be interesting to see where Tech ends up. The Pac may make some sense for the same reasons TCU does.

— Per sources on the OU side, it doesn’t sound like Big 12 deconstruction costs are going to be terribly expensive for UT and OU.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

USC/Oregon don’t want to expand unless it’s ND.  They see their conference for what it is. The ‘State’ schools like OSU and WSU want to expand because they know they’ll be cut out of the next rendition if they had to stand on their own merits.

Ultimately, I think the Big Ten will take the best of the PAC and leave the rest.

USC, UCLA, Oregon, Colorado have reportedly reach out to the Big Ten already.

Washington and Arizona are (according to past reports) legally required to stay in the same conference as WSU and ASU. So until those laws are removed they’ll have to stay put.

Cal and Stanford are against the super conferences, but when they have to choose between joining USC/UCLA in the Big Ten or joining Baylor, BYU, and Boise in the new Super PAC12/Big12/MWC hybrid they’ll move too.

I think your overestimating Colorado's appeal.  I could see USC and UCLA going big 10 and Oregon due to Nike....but Colorado has become such a nonentity in college sports it's pathetic.  They literally brought nothing financially when they joined the pac.....

Arizona isn't much better but they at least have other sports they function in and have a market they bring.  I think CSU had higher TV ratings than CU last year....

Tree and Cal may want to go with SC and UCLA given the choice....but who knows if that option is even there.

As for selling SC and UCLA on adding tech and okie state et al....it let's them division the conference so they can go back to playing the original pac teams without the zonas and colorado...

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Penche Gringo said:

So futile! 
1. You piss off lege staff with a bunch of form-letters. 

2. An intern enters it into CMS where it is never seen again

3. Might get a vague letter or email that goes like this: Thank you for contacting my office concerning blah, blah, blah……

These people are clueless

Isn't that whole lege letter a declaration of how vital UT is? 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Seeing UGA fans calling us underachievers compared to them is gold.   It’s like the Sugar Bowl never happened.  

Didn’t they forget BEVO kicked their Bull Pup’s  ass too. 

Win or lose, when we win, it will be nice to have some fresh data to remind them that we can, in fact, beat some ass in football on occasion. 

23 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Nahlin hinting  The sec may not be done expanding?   I think 16 is a good number 

Imagine the landscape after 10 years of NIL.  SEC might be thinking get as many blue bloods in one conference as you can and quit having the big guys prop up the little guys.  The rest will sort itself out and eventually there’d only be the SEC as top level college football. 

Edited by LarryMoeSurly

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Nahlin

A few Big 12/SEC notes:

— We still believe Texas and OU will formally announce their intentions to depart the Big 12 on Tuesday.

— Anybody who has an opinion on whether or not this will be UT’s last season in the Big 12 thinks it will be. We have a couple people who say they don’t know and won’t opine. This being the last season in the Big 12 is the only thing that makes sense but it’s just not 100% foregone according to those we talk to. It’ll get figured out and the quicker that happens the better for recruiting purposes.

— We’ve heard Oklahoma State is wanting to join the SEC deal late but we’re not sure how that will be received. Oklahoma State and OU “decoupled” in recent years so any news or sentiment they’re shocked and chagrined about this is probably posturing. UT and OU might not be the last of SEC realignment news this summer, though.

— TCU is talking with members of the Pac 12 and ACC. They will have internal meetings on Monday to discuss their options going forward. From a television perspective, TCU would make sense as a team that could play in the 11:00 a.m. CST time slot. The Pac is going to need to have a presence in that time slot.

— Texas Tech has been the most vocal objector behind the scenes to the Texas and OU move, but there’s no sense anything can be done to stop the inevitable. Because of that, other schools are loathe to join them in voicing dissatisfaction. It’ll be interesting to see where Tech ends up. The Pac may make some sense for the same reasons TCU does.

— Per sources on the OU side, it doesn’t sound like Big 12 deconstruction costs are going to be terribly expensive for UT and OU.

Deconstruction, demolition, whatever. 

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

Here is how XII will likely look come Monday morning: (if KU bolts B1G/ WVU to ACC/ OSU-TCU-Tech to PAC)... #ComingToAmerica.nAthleticConference

opps.png

I was wondering where the fuck you were.  I’m sure you’re a good guy, but I’m kind of glad you weren’t in here.  “Are we sure OU/Tx aren’t going to the Premier League?!”

• Haha 2

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

I was wondering where the fuck you were.  I’m sure you’re a good guy, but I’m kind of glad you weren’t in here.  “Are we sure OU/Tx aren’t going to the Premier League?!”

He was too, uh, busy:

randy marsh masturbating GIF by South Park

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Nahlin

A few Big 12/SEC notes:

The worst part of that article is that Baylor has a landing spot. Unfortunate really. Amusing that OkSt wants in, but not really surprising, though I don't see a way in for them without OU holding the door open.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

I think your overestimating Colorado's appeal.  I could see USC and UCLA going big 10 and Oregon due to Nike....but Colorado has become such a nonentity in college sports it's pathetic.  They literally brought nothing financially when they joined the pac.....

To be clear, I was just responding to the rumor that USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Colorado reached out.  I did not make any judgment calls on how appealing they would be to the BigTen, however regardless of their ineptitude, they are the only AAU university in the Mountain time zone and would be the BigTen’s “bridge” along with Nebraska to tie BigTen to the PAC schools.  Perception is a big deal for the BigTen, and Colorado will make their expansion more palatable.  If you have to take Colorado to make grabbing USC look less awkward, then it’s a small price to pay, and they aren’t any worse than Rutgers or Maryland.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, Hi is this Dr. Dipshit from OleMiss?  I'm Dr. ChiTownDumbAss, I happen to be a Sooner.  I'm sure you've heard the big SEC news.  How do you think we can collaborate?  I was told this is what we should all be doing.  And I do everything I'm told because I'm a dipshit.  

First you start with a roux, then make a video of everyone else's cheers...

Fire Bjork

3,269 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by PDLPc/o2005

94 Aggie

Fire Bjork. He was either surprised and did not know what was happening or worse he was willing to sleep with the enemy rather than expose them. Remove all the SEC branding from our uniforms, Kyle Field, etc. Nothing special about the SEC anymore. It's a money grab, we might as well let Michigan, Ohio State, Florida State and Clemson join, too.

its, ever so ever so ever so satisfying....