January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

These are people that would defend their kid breaking into the school with a gallon of gas to burn it down by saying that the school should have had stronger doors and the real crime is the history textbooks and that the gas cost $5

To them the end justifies the means.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

So much this. After a couple of wines last night, MIL admitted she thinks the election was stolen. She wouldn’t elaborate further, but I have zero doubt in my mind she will be yanking the R lever again come 2022 and 2024. The further we get from Jan 6 and Dotard, the more they justify it in their minds. They know Dotard sucked, but they have convinced themselves it’s still better than the Dems. Somehow, some way. 

Fine. Let the Rs implement their 11 point plan. See how these types of voters like the sunsetting of social security and Medicare. I'm sure they think it only applies to the lazier darker folks.

10 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

They should begin with audio of Khrushchev in '56 saying that Russia will take America without firing a shot. Because that's where we are.

At least one shot was fired and that cunt Ashley Babbitt got the good end of it. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

If the national guard had been positioned like they should there would have been a lot of shouting from a distance or a handful of dead motherfuckers 

I can’t wait to hear how it came about that there was no NG presence at the Capitol. 

Washington DC isn’t part of a State where the Governor would be in charge of the National Guard. So the chain of command goes through the military and ultimately to the President. It’s not a coincidence that Trump replaced his Secretary of Defense (and other officials at the Pentagon) with a loyalist after he lost the election. I can’t prove it but I’m certain it was all part of the plan.

Not that he’s much of a planner. But I figure he thought he might need the military on his side in order to stay in power. By Dec. 19, when he first tweeted about the rally on Jan. 6, the plan was set. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Captainant said:

He may not know that. He's from Dallas, the most fascist fucking city in the state. Too much okie in their water table I guess.

Actually, as a native, it's not the City of Dallas, proper.  It is the surrounding cities/suburbs.  Dallas has its Frisco (really most of Collin County), Austin has its Round Rock/Georgetown; Houston has its Katy/The Woodlands.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Washington DC isn’t part of a State where the Governor would be in charge of the National Guard. So the chain of command goes through the military and ultimately to the President. It’s not a coincidence that Trump replaced his Secretary of Defense (and other officials at the Pentagon) with a loyalist after he lost the election. I can’t prove it but I’m certain it was all part of the plan.

Not that he’s much of a planner. But I figure he thought he might need the military on his side in order to stay in power. By Dec. 19, when he first tweeted about the rally on Jan. 6, the plan was set. 

Yeah, that was done more in anticipation of declaring martial law or invoking the Insurrection Act or seizing voting machines, but it came in handy when it came to this, too.

Trump knows mob tactics.

He installed Frenchy from Goodfellas as “commandant” of capitol security to soften that target. Meanwhile, his compound was guarded like Fort Knox.

Using mob tactics, a business that hasnt paid protection or is in favor will get ransacked by goons. No explicit instructions needed.

The behind-the-scenes of him gleefully rejoicing the insurrection will be bad. But I’m looking forward to learning more about how the Capitol was so easily breeched.

How do we spend 40% of the earth’s military expenditures and allow our own capital city to fall, even for just a few hours to Olive Garden terrorists?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

Thank you.  My black daughter in law thanks you and my bi-racial granddaughter may thank you once she learns some more words.
Isn't there a way to disagree without being disagreeable and hostile? 

Hate to burst your bubble, but if your black daughter in law knows you are a Republican, she can connect the dots.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Trump knows mob tactics.

He installed Frenchy from Goodfellas as “commandant” of capitol security to soften that target. Meanwhile, his compound was guarded like Fort Knox.

Using mob tactics, a business that hasnt paid protection or is in favor will get ransacked by goons. No explicit instructions needed.

The behind-the-scenes of him gleefully rejoicing the insurrection will be bad. But I’m looking forward to learning more about how the Capitol was so easily breeched.

How do we spend 40% of the earth’s military expenditures and allow our own capital city to fall, even for just a few hours to Olive Garden terrorists?

Had there been wholesale slaughter by the Capital Police, Trump would've benefited with martial law and whatever else.  We saw what side he was on and those capital police would've further paid the price.  Now had any of the crowd harmed a Congressman, then they have to be mowed down.  

Edited by Mdhorn

Had there been wholesale slaughter by the Capital Police, Trump would've benefited with martial law and whatever else.  We saw what side he was on and those capital police would've further paid the price.  Now had any of the crowd harmed a Congressman, then they have to be mowed down.  

A formidable and early display of force, with a dozen arrests would have taken care of business. We’d already would have forgotten about it.

54 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Hoo boy. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there have absolutely been serious “what do we do about your dad” conversations in their household.

(Also, lol at “my son married a black lady, therefore I can’t be racist”)

His DIL could be an outlier too.

27 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There was a third group who were present at the Capitol on 1/6 and those were just people there for the rally and the riot. They weren’t part of any conspiracy. They were just caught up in the mob. Those are the people the Republicans will focus on and try to tell us that’s all that happened. But the first two prongs illustrate what was really going on and we need to understand how close we came to having the coup succeed.

Yep, it's easy to laugh at and dismiss the Jenna Ryans of the deal.  To a great extent, they were just dupes, insurrection tourists.

But that does not at all mean that this was not a very deliberate attempt to disregard the results of an American election.  It may have sprouted in the demented, childish brain of Donald J. Trump, but he had enough co-conspirators that even if you take him out of the picture, it's frightening how many people went along with this, both actively and passively endorsing it.  Oddly, it makes heroes out of Pence and certain DOJ officials.  Had they not been patriots, this would have been a nearer thing.

And, we should all be at least a little pissed off that every time a Trump-endorsed candidate, or really any Repubican loses an election, we're going to have to listen to bleating about how the election was stolen or rigged.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Of course. I want to hear it laid out step by step in the hearing so it is clearly seen to be a concerted effort by trump and his inner circle to leave congress and pence unprotected 

12 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

That is an interesting point and I think there's some validity to it.

17 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yep, there were two prongs to the attempted coup. What we saw on tv was the paramilitary attempt to invade the Capitol and stop the certification of Biden’s victory. The other was a political one, directed by politicians and lawyers to try to overturn the election by installing false electors and basically faking a victory. They needed Mike Pence to take part in that and he didn’t. As wretched of a person he is, he stood up for democracy that day so credit to him for that.

There was a third group who were present at the Capitol on 1/6 and those were just people there for the rally and the riot. They weren’t part of any conspiracy. They were just caught up in the mob. Those are the people the Republicans will focus on and try to tell us that’s all that happened. But the first two prongs illustrate what was really going on and we need to understand how close we came to having the coup succeed.

I can’t even begin to imagine what would’ve happened if the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers had managed to assassinate Pence and/or Pelosi. I fear that that there are millions of Americans who wouldn’t have cared. I think that’s probably true but I desperately don’t want to believe it.

Will be interesting long term to see how Pence is judged. He did the right thing on that day, but still didn’t roll on all the other illegal/unethical bullshit he saw before, during, and after that moment. It’s bizarre to me that so many of these guys who are burned wrt Trump/Maga, still refuse to come clean and expose all of it.  

Pence is dead politically, why not take a pound of flesh from the guy that buried you? Is there some misguided notion that the “normal” part of the Republican Party is going to come back to the fore and hes holding out for that?  MAGA isn’t going away without a civil war. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

A formidable and early display of force, with a dozen arrests would have taken care of business. We’d already would have forgotten about it.

All it took was one shot to the gut of that traitorous bitch to get the rest of the cowards to flee like scalded rats.  Do that at the front door and none of the rest happens.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Is there some misguided notion that the “normal” part of the Republican Party is going to come back to the fore and hes holding out for that?

I think there is.  There are some Republicans (both actual politicians and voters) that still harbor a notion that Trump and trumpism will go away, and the GOP will return to "normal."  But they let it go too far, and they're too addicted to the cash and votes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

All it took was one shot to the gut of that traitorous bitch to get the rest of the cowards to flee like scalded rats.  Do that at the front door and none of the rest happens.

It probably would have stopped the riot, yes.

But the riot is only the tip of the iceberg, and a few hundred more Ashli Babbitt martyrs might have emboldened Trump even further.  I think Mdhorn raises a valid, intriguing, and frightening point.

20 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Is there some misguided notion that the “normal” part of the Republican Party is going to come back to the fore and hes holding out for that?

YES, very much so. All of these cowardly, pandering pieces of magat flesh politicos in D.C. are under the illusion of a return to sanity and normalcy with Trump out of the presidential race for good. They think the "good" Republicans will return and the crazy ones will have learned their lesson. 

Yep.  It's weird that my fantasy is that Liz Cheney would forgo this election to focus on her inevitable retaking of the white house in  2024 and that the mouthbreathers (I mean, the really crazy mouthbreathers - not the good mouthbreathers like Liz Cheney) would slowly be being purged right now as the Republicans prepare to sweep the midterms.

What a relatively beautiful world that would be.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I can’t even begin to imagine what would’ve happened if the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers had managed to assassinate Pence and/or Pelosi. I fear that that there are millions of Americans who wouldn’t have cared. I think that’s probably true but I desperately don’t want to believe it.

Wouldn't have cared?  There are millions of Americans who would have cheered.  I am not sure Pence or Pelosi being executed on January 6th would not have resulted in a more beneficial outcome, because the American frog might have noticed it was sitting in boiling water.  As it is, the powers behind the insurrection have had over a year to normalize it and otherwise make their constituents minds impervious to evidence and reason.

I can't tell you how many anti-democracy memes I've seen being circulated since Jan 6th from people in rural Texas and Colorado.  Just these in the past two days.  There are millions of Americans who are being conditioned to desire the end of the American experiment.  "Democracy" is being made to be as detestable a word as "liberal" has been made in these people's minds.

image.thumb.jpeg.2a007a64d565e1b748047f3c01b95601.jpeg

image.jpeg.62d7a26490d1a6b2d8f8ec86bb48ce18.jpeg

image.jpeg.eb990b80369e775910f917971aa8881c.jpeg

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

YES, very much so. All of these cowardly, pandering pieces of magat flesh politicos in D.C. are under the illusion of a return to sanity and normalcy with Trump out of the presidential race for good. They think the "good" Republicans will return and the crazy ones will have learned their lesson. 

They not only let the crazies on the door, they put them in the driving seat. MAGAs aren’t giving that up, and most of the R politicians won’t dare cross the crazies because as a twice said, they are addicted to the money and power. The crazies know that they have the same part of the party by the balls because a split vote means defeat, and the right collectively would rather elect a monster (too many to list) than lose, because dead babies.

• Hook 'Em 1

Definitely there are a lot of what-ifs on Jan 6th if events would have played out differently.

As much as I hate to say it, Pence really saved the day in terms of not creating more chaos. If he would have gone along with Trump's plan, there may have been a few more safeguards but it definitely would have been a constitutional crisis like we've never seen. 

And honesty, if Trump had found a way to hang on, I don't think it's hyperbole to say the country would never be the same again. Since Trump and her supporters are still strong, it's not like the threat is over.

However if you are a Trump supporter and think Pence could have rejected the electoral votes, then you also must agree that now Harris is in the same position and she's allowed to name the next President in 2024.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

However if you are a Trump supporter and think Pence could have rejected the electoral votes, then you also must agree that now Harris is in the same position and she's allowed to name the next President in 2024.

But only if Joe Biden declares, without evidence, that the election was stolen.

8 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I've only read excerpts and watched a few clips, but i intend to get caught up. But goddamn if this isn't an opening round mic drop

Problem: that depends on Future America having rational, sane leadership and historians who will judge their conduct.

The Republic of Trumplandia, Reich of the Most High Lord of All, will not be writing that history.

4 hours ago, DaysOff said:

Fine. Let the Rs implement their 11 point plan. See how these types of voters like the sunsetting of social security and Medicare. I'm sure they think it only applies to the lazier darker folks.

Dude.  You CLEARLY have not been paying attention.

Step 1: the GQP introduces the "fuck all old people, let's take away their SS and Medicare Act."

Step 2: Dems fight against the bill.  The GQP controls both houses, and passes it, fuck the filibuster.

Step 3: all the old white folks promptly lose their SS and Medicare and freak out.

Step 4: Fox News and the GQP tell them "it's Hillary/Obama/Biden/Soros' fault."

Step 5: all the old white folks buy step 4 100%, and commit even further to committing acts of domestic terrorism because of "how those commie Demoncraps ruined 'murica!"

That's the script.  It never changes.

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Actually, as a native, it's not the City of Dallas, proper.  It is the surrounding cities/suburbs.  Dallas has its Frisco (really most of Collin County), Austin has its Round Rock/Georgetown; Houston has its Katy/The Woodlands.

Meh, didn't Round Rock and Georgetown (Williamson County) go Blue in 2020?  If so, I think you might mean Hays county for Austin.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Fuck You 3

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You had me until this fanciful paragraph of anachronistic delusion, as much as I wish it was true. Trump’s remaining supporters don’t think in the rational sense. Sure they continue breathing, their bodies maintain stasis regulating temperature, etc, but the part that thinks critically was joyfully surrendered to a cult leader. No sober inferences based on observable facts will happen. 

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just watched the 12m video, didn’t get a chance last night.  I knew what I’d see, knew it was brutal, thought I knew how it’d make me feel…still cant believed that actually happened.  And I felt the shock and anger all over again.  

Shame on anyone who doesn’t feel disgust and shame for that day.  You will not ‘win’ and history is going to look upon you as we currently view the South in the civil war.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

Just watched the 12m video, didn’t get a chance last night.  I knew what I’d see, knew it was brutal, thought I knew how it’d make me feel…still cant believed that actually happened.  And I felt the shock and anger all over again.  

Shame on anyone who doesn’t feel disgust and shame for that day.  You will not ‘win’ and history is going to look upon you as we currently view the South in the civil war.  

Now ask how those people view the south in regards to the civil war.

it don’t make a shit. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Rage+1 2

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Definitely there are a lot of what-ifs on Jan 6th if events would have played out differently.

As much as I hate to say it, Pence really saved the day in terms of not creating more chaos. If he would have gone along with Trump's plan, there may have been a few more safeguards but it definitely would have been a constitutional crisis like we've never seen. 

And honesty, if Trump had found a way to hang on, I don't think it's hyperbole to say the country would never be the same again. Since Trump and her supporters are still strong, it's not like the threat is over.

The right has already learned their lesson about one person being able to stop the coup, hence the efforts to replace so many SoS and election boards with stooges, and changing election laws to allow state legislators to put their thumb on the scales.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

So much this. After a couple of wines last night, MIL admitted she thinks the election was stolen. She wouldn’t elaborate further, but I have zero doubt in my mind she will be yanking the R lever again come 2022 and 2024. The further we get from Jan 6 and Dotard, the more they justify it in their minds. They know Dotard sucked, but they have convinced themselves it’s still better than the Dems. Somehow, some way. 

it takes strength of character to be able to accept that you are wrong and have been wrong. I don't even mean externally - i think it's actually far easier to say to other people "I was wrong about...." than it is to, in your own mind, fully admit and accept that you are wrong and have been wrong. You have garden variety morons running around doing and saying the things that actual stupid people do and say, and then you have a large category of our Daily Texan posters, your MIL, theoretically non extremist GOP politicians, etc who aren't particularly more stupid than the average person and are otherwise reasonable but are too far in and lack the strength of character and moral courage to admit that they are completely fucking wrong. That's why they'll continue to pull that lever, and nothing is going to change that for them. To change at this point would be to admit it, and that is not something they are capable of.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2