Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Jesus Christ, take some Midol.

The answer is to get out the vote.  There is no other answer, save a Civil War.  If you think the majority of Democrat politicians don't align on views regarding AR-15 and other high-capacity, high-rate weapons, then you're just not paying attention.  The problem isn't the politicians, they will swing with the wind.  THE PROBLEM IS THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T VOTE.

Reminder: Democrats are the ones stopping the administration's agenda, not Republicans.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I was a wreck for a few days after seeing the photos of the kids at Sandy Hook and I have no kids myself.

Now I’m just desensitized.

When will it be enough for radical Republicans?

When we're all fully desensitized.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Reminder: Democrats are the ones stopping the administration's agenda, not Republicans.

Oh, bullshit.  I mean, that's an absolutely preposterous view on the issue.  Two D senators who are DINOs are a problem, but if people actually get out and vote . . . you know, midterms . . .  things can swing.

As someone pointed out, Roe V Wade is about to go down the shitter with minority support.  Y'all need to get on the fucking bus and realize that it's now or never, and moaning about the status quo is a really puss move.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Goofyboy said:

Where are our gun apologists? The ones that are fine with kids dying.

Well Enchubben said plenty of people need to ‘take breaks’ in the DT thread but allowed that it’s a sensitive topic.  Fuck that

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, take some Midol.
The answer is to get out the vote.  There is no other answer, save a Civil War.  If you think the majority of Democrat politicians don't align on views regarding AR-15 and other high-capacity, high-rate weapons, then you're just not paying attention.  The problem isn't the politicians, they will swing with the wind.  THE PROBLEM IS THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T VOTE.

I agree with you, but based on the people I see and interact with daily, I think we’re closer to a civil war than this country waking up. I phone banked for the Democrats in 2020 and the response demoralized me to the core.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oh, bullshit.  I mean, that's an absolutely preposterous view on the issue.  Two D senators who are DINOs are a problem, but if people actually get out and vote . . . you know, midterms . . .  things can swing.

As someone pointed out, Roe V Wade is about to go down the shitter with minority support.  Y'all need to get on the fucking bus and realize that it's now or never, and moaning about the status quo is a really puss move.

I'm all for making voting mandatory.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Been doing so.

Also been trying to score with Susanna Hoffs since 1986.

How's that working out for us?

We've failed.  100%, totally, and completely.  We have failed.  Whether it's the shitheels who elect people who stake their political futures to ensure this will happen again, to the rest of us being ineffective and impotent at even putting up a speed bump to slow them down, we are a complete and total failure.  And the body count just keeps going up.  I'll keep trying, but honestly and truly, what is the fucking point?  It will just fail, again and again and again.  And this will happen again.  Maybe tomorrow.  Maybe in a week.  For fuck's sake, we have a STANDING THREAD on this topic on the board....and it rarely drops off page 1.  Give me one fucking reason to have any optimism for a different outcome?  "Surely this time, it will be different?"  Fuck that.  We've proven that nothing can bring about change.  Once we were okay with Sandy Hook, it was over.

this.  t&p tonight, dotard in the morning.

game over.

1 minute ago, Queen Bitch said:

Uh... I guess the University's just cool with the NRA using a bastardized version of our logo for their little murder-con this week? Cool cool cool.

Current administration is gargling Abbott's useless shriveled balls, so I doubt they'll raise a trademark issue with the NRA.

• Rage+1 2

25 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Democrats being at fault for not being coalesced enough to overcome the truly repugnant republican policies and viewpoints is a very hot take.  "Hey, our Repub policies may suck in every possible way, but it's the Dems' fault because they can't stop us from enacting our bullshit!"  How about the repubs stop having such shitty America-destroying policies??

Edited by TexLonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

I get it, guns huge part of the issue here but dammit how did we as a society get to a place where people even think of "oh I'm going to kill my grandmother and then go shoot up random school kids."  You can take away all the guns (please do) but we are still so fucked up of a society I'm not sure it matters.  We need way more than gun control but since we won't even talk with each other we can't even get that past to move on to the other pieces.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I get it, guns huge part of the issue here but dammit how did we as a society get to a place where people even think of "oh I'm going to kill my grandmother and then go shoot up random school kids."  You can take away all the guns (please do) but we are still so fucked up of a society I'm not sure it matters.  We need way more than gun control but since we won't even talk with each other we can't even get that past to move on to the other pieces.

Definitely need to force more people who know that they'll be shitty parents to give birth to their kids + demonization of anyone else that doesn't conform to our ideals + corporate welfare - any social safety net + more prosperity gospel.  That will obviously fix the "moral decay" in the country.

Edited by Gap03
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Because what is LITERALLY our dominant ethos rests on the bedrock principle of "the cruelty is the point."

When what we expect out of our government is 1) it will ensure an unrestricted flow of firearms, ammo, and high cap mags to anyone who can carry one, and 2) hurting the "right people," this is guaranteed to be the result.  We are run by a nihilist death cult that actually cheers for the infliction of pain.  That is not hyperbole, that is the theme of every single MAGA rally.  When our greatest goal is hurting people, and we guarantee unlimited firepower.....what the everloving FUCK do you expect?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Your point? They could move it TO Uvalde and a bunch of slapdicks would show up chanting “more guns more guns”

Yup, you’ll probably get a little more earnest T&Ps because it happened in a red state, but outside of that absolutely nothing will change. Red team will blame it on crazy people, Covid lockdowns, lack of prayer in schools, George Soros, etc. Blue team will make a lot of noise but ultimately come up short of any serious action that would put them at risk in the next election cycle. I’d love to believe that voting will make a difference but gerrymandering and voter suppression will ensure that the dumb fucking minority will continue to have enough power to keep any serious change at bay. Our shit needs a full reboot, I really don’t think it’s fixable short of a civil war. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TexLonghorn said:

Democrats being at fault for not being coalesced enough to overcome the truly repugnant republican policies and viewpoints is a very hot take.  "Hey, our Repub policies may suck in every possible way, but it's the Dems' fault because they can't stop us from enacting our bullshit!"  How about the repubs stop having such shitty America-destroying policies??

That would be great, but I'd love for Democrats to stop helping them be so terrible.

Just a small request.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Fair question, but we've always been fucked up as a society.  Go read about people like Albert Fish, a deranged serial rapist and killer in the early 1900s.  The human factory has always produced a certain amount of broken toys.  There are just now more of them with the population growth over the last century, and more of them are exposed to violence that feeds their brokenness, and more of them have easy access to guns in a country that cranks them out like lollipops.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Yup, you’ll probably get a little more earnest T&Ps because it happened in a red state, but outside of that absolutely nothing will change. Red team will blame it on crazy people, Covid lockdowns, lack of prayer in schools, George Soros, etc. Blue team will make a lot of noise but ultimately come up short of any serious action that would put them at risk in the next election cycle. I’d love to believe that voting will make a difference but gerrymandering and voter suppression will ensure that the dumb fucking minority will continue to have enough power to keep any serious change at bay. Our shit needs a full reboot, I really don’t think it’s fixable short of a civil war. 

What are you expecting them to do with only 50 seats in the senate, two of which will absolutely refuse to abolish the filibuster to get anything done? Blame those two if you want, but it's two out of 50, so they party as a whole has tried. The problem is that the right will never cast a single vote for anything that is popular with any voter on the left. Shitting on the democratic party is why young progressives refuse to vote and why we can never have the type of control needed to make any changes. Sure, mainstream democrats on the whole don't support universal healthcare and student loan forgiveness, so "tHeY'Re aLl tHe sAmE." I hate the non-voting progressives as much as I do Manchin/Synema, in addition to every republican in existence currently.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

Just now, South Austin said:

Fair question, but we've always been fucked up as a society.  Go read about people Albert Fish, a deranged serial rapist and killer in the early 1900s.  The human factory has always produced a certain amount of broken toys.  There are just now more of them with the population growth over the last century, and more of them are exposed to violence that feeds their brokenness, and more of them have easy access to guns in a country that cranks them out like lollipops.

Ease of transit doesn't help.  Some whacked out freak in 1890's rural America was pretty much stuck.  He wasn't gonna go on a 200 mile 2 week journey to shoot up a grocery store.  Now?  That's a 3 hour drive.  Voila, Buffalo.

Modern society has quite simply made it far easier for bad people to do bad things.

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread