"Church full of Pervs; JW edition"

Gil Bang

I've always felt a little weird about the JW types.  

Haven't had any door knockers in several years, but in the past, if you knew they were in the neighborhood and you saw JW's coming up to the door, and took off all of your clothes and greeted them, 9 times out of 10 they'd happily come in and visit with you, and things could get a little...weird....and they'd end up there for hours, which was the opposite of what you were intending with the removal of your clothes..

Mormons? 8 out of 10 times they'd bail as soon as the door was even partially open, if they saw you had your clothes off.

• Haha 8

55 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Haven't had any door knockers in several years, but in the past, if you knew they were in the neighborhood and you saw JW's coming up to the door, and took off all of your clothes and greeted them, 9 times out of 10 they'd happily come in and visit with you, and things could get a little...weird....and they'd end up there for hours, which was the opposite of what you were intending with the removal of your clothes..

Mormons? 8 out of 10 times they'd bail as soon as the door was even partially open, if they saw you had your clothes off.

You start off by saying you feel weird about JW’s, then discuss talking off your clothes for different denominations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, South Austin said:

You start off by saying you feel weird about JW’s, then discuss talking off your clothes for different denominations.

See, I'm egalitarian.  I take off all my clothes for door-knockers of ALL denominations.  And Greenpeace.  And the neighborhood association.  And UPS.  But not the Girl Scouts selling cookies.  I'm not a savage.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

See, I'm egalitarian.  I take off all my clothes for door-knockers of ALL denominations.  And Greenpeace.  And the neighborhood association.  And UPS.  But not the Girl Scouts selling cookies.  I'm not a savage.

Maybe I should start doing this for Pest Control companies and Solar Panel salespeople...

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If someone knocks on our door, there is a 100% chance that you are going to be greeted by CHIEF Jr. with nothing on, except boxers. Like my neighbors have found out, it is better to call first.

CHIEF

It's almost as though an ideology that demands absolute servitude and discourages questions or critical thinking can result in warping a pre-teen mind into thinking getting fucked regularly by adults and not talking about it is the only way to avoid eternal damnation. At this point the very thought of religion makes my physically ill.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

That's a straight up cult. All religions are wacky with supernaturalness, and they all seem to like covering up sexual abuse of minors, but the JWs are another level. 

They preach a sort of reverse rapture is about to happen where the believers will be the only ones left on earth and God will cater to them as the chosen ones. So much so that they don't encourage children becoming educated because they will not need it.

In reality it's because they discourage any contact other than absolutely necessary with "worldly" people outside of the cult. Then if you get baptized in the cult and choose to leave they force their entire congregation, including that person's own parents/family, to "shun" and disown the person that left. Crazy level of cruelty. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

That's a straight up cult. All religions are wacky with supernaturalness, and they all seem to like covering up sexual abuse of minors, but the JWs are another level. 

They preach a sort of reverse rapture is about to happen where the believers will be the only ones left on earth and God will cater to them as the chosen ones. So much so that they don't encourage children becoming educated because they will not need it.

In reality it's because they discourage any contact other than absolutely necessary with "worldly" people outside of the cult. Then if you get baptized in the cult and choose to leave they force their entire congregation, including that person's own parents/family, to "shun" and disown the person that left. Crazy level of cruelty. 

All of this. The JWs are a millenarian sect that actively admonish members to limit their relationship with non-JWs.  Their internal church discipline requires “two witnesses” to proceed with investigating and discipline, so basically it means if no one sees you molest a child, nothing happens. All hierarchical organizations that claim authority have the potential for abuse, the JWs are an especially toxic environment as the doctrine is recipe for all sorts of manipulation and secrecy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm not above trying this, but technically speaking, wouldn't it be considered a sex crime? Indecent exposure or something of the like?

27 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I recall that one of my best friends in third and fourth grade when my dad was stationed in Quantico was a Jehovah’s Witness. I really liked hanging out with him in school, but he was never allowed to do anything with me or other kids outside of school.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I recall that one of my best friends in third and fourth grade when my dad was stationed in Quantico was a Jehovah’s Witness. I really liked hanging out with him in school, but he was never allowed to do anything with me or other kids outside of school.

Yeah that's what they do. They also don't celebrate any holidays at all. Not Christmas. Not Easter, not even their own birthdays. Only thing as far as I know they are allowed to is their wedding anniversary. 

My wife is from one of these families and her mom and aunts are still in it. She's talked about how much it sucked not being able to do stuff with her classmates at school and never being able to be a part of the holiday celebrations but watching everyone else do it. When her and her siblings got into their teens they each rebelled against it and left it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

That’s because being gay has zero to do with pedophilia despite morons who think so. Even comparing the two is pretty fucked up. Meaning why wouldn’t your kid be safe at a gay bar? Do you think adult gay men want to fuck little boys? Do you think all adult straight men want to fuck little 7 year old girls?  

Idk let's ask our resident brother deacon @Johnny Sack why the church and organized religion seems to have such a bad kiddie diddling problem. Considering he's one of the leading voices on the site for that viewpoint of gays being pedophiles, he must have some real insights and data to back his position

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

When we discovered that Mrs. Brat (adopted as an infant in 1945) had a half sister, we attempted to contact her through a biological cousin several years ago. We sent a folder with copies of appropriate documentation of the birth  mother, photos, and a a brief biography of my wife, which mentioned her being raised in the Roman Catholic religion.

We knew that the birth mother had been a JW, and I suspect that may have rubbed off on her younger daughter, the half sister, since she has never responded in kind. I understand that the JWs hate Catholics about as bad as the Surlyites do who post on the religion threads.

And so it goes. No skin off my wrinkly lapsed Catholic butt.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, woohorn said:

The one I knew growing up died of the flu because I don't think they can do vaccines, or at least flu shots. Sucked.

It's any kind of blood they won't accept. My wife's aunt died because she refused a transfusion she needed. They believe the Bible talking about not "consuming" blood literally means they can't receive donated blood even if it would save their life. 

When one of them is in the hospital the JW elders will send people to sit watch and make sure they don't agree to receive blood. 

During the pandemic shutdown, the JW's actually started calling folks on the phone.  I got about 10 calls a week from the same lady that "just wanted to pray about these uncertain times" and such.  I told her that I heard about "these uncertain times" enough on tv and radio ads that I could pray for myself.  

It's any kind of blood they won't accept. My wife's aunt died because she refused a transfusion she needed. They believe the Bible talking about not "consuming" blood literally means they can't receive donated blood even if it would save their life. 
When one of them is in the hospital the JW elders will send people to sit watch and make sure they don't agree to receive blood. 

There was an episode of Scrubs that touched on that.

Wife's grandmother (no pics and RIP) used to enjoy vacuuming her house in the nude.  She once answered her front door while nude (and about 70 ish years old) and embarrassed her gardener so much that he quit and never came back.  She was non plussed.  She was a former army nurse (major or captain - I forget which) and did not give a fuck about what other people thought.

• Hook 'Em 2