Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

X  weighs what, buck and a half? If that's me, I'ma put a significant effort into staying uncrushed. At least, until my First Round bonus check clears.

He's no where close to a first round receiver. he's a 2nd/3rd around at best.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

What if - and bear with me here - Worthy does in fact need to work on tracking the ball and Ewers has missed many of those throws to the point that they were uncatchable. I’d actually bet on some being intentional throw aways.

This 100%.  There was absolutely catchable ball in the OSU.  It certainly wasn't perfect (and it was windy so adjustments probably weren't easy) but we complete that we probably win the game.  Early in the season a QB guru was breaking down Ewers film on youtube and noticed that Worthy's deep post routes weren't ideal and made overthrows look worse than they were.  Last week's misses looked more on Ewers but doesn't meat Worthy can't improve.  Have we taken a deep ball shot to Thompson this year? Maybe this is the week.   Regardless, we're hitting a deep ball this week.  We're due.

This 100%.  There was absolutely catchable ball in the OSU.  It certainly wasn't perfect (and it was windy so adjustments probably weren't easy) but we complete that we probably win the game.  Early in the season a QB guru was breaking down Ewers film on youtube and noticed that Worthy's deep post routes weren't ideal and made overthrows look worse than they were.  Last week's misses looked more on Ewers but doesn't meat Worthy can't improve.  Have we taken a deep ball shot to Thompson this year? Maybe this is the week.   Regardless, we're hitting a deep ball this week.  We're due.

Don’t think so.

There was an easy shot available to Thompson but instead we threw late and out of the end zone to a double covered Worthy(although open).

I’m gonna say we at least 2 deep shot completions this week.

4 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Don’t think so.

There was an easy shot available to Thompson but instead we threw late and out of the end zone to a double covered Worthy(although open).

I’m gonna say we at least 2 deep shot completions this week.

I hope so. I have a feeling Texas is going to need a couple to win this game. 

You can question a good player's lack of effort. That said, as another old receiver, I personally don't think that's problem. It's either a lack of talent for tracking the ball or a lack of confidence for tracking the ball (and not wanting to look ridiculous, like he did when he actually did make an effort but fell down in the end zone on a long ball that wasn't perfect).

Maybe he just needs glasses! Did we think of that?
d89c7911db9dd87259b46d397cd930fc.jpg
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Had Enough said:

You may be right. Don’t think the run game can do it alone. You also may be right that it’ll take 40.

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Just feels like an old school Big 12 game. I cant see the defense shutting TCU down, but it is at home.

Teams have loaded the box and dared us to pass in the second half of games and we failed to do so. I think at some point for us to be truly special on that side of the ball we have to be able to punish teams for loading boxes. 

23 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

None of which addresses Ewers’ issues such as shit mechanics or general inaccuracy on deep balls.

Does Worthy need to be better on deep balls?

Yes.

Does Ewers have issues such as bad footwork and in accurate deep throws?
Yes.

Ewers struggles with a lot of things as most freshmen do. However, that doesn't mean X isn't dogging it out there. I tell my daughter all the time as an Outside Hitter in vball. Every set isn't going to be perfect. A good OH makes mediocre to bad sets right. Same for a receiver. You have to be able to adjust to the ball. He doesn't fight for the ball nor does he even put his hands up. That's going to be a huge negative for scouts if he doesn't fix it. 

7 hours ago, Red Five said:

Maybe it's an eyesight issue with Worthy. Like Ricky Vaughn. 

1 hour ago, General Specific said:

Maybe he just needs glasses! Did we think of that?
d89c7911db9dd87259b46d397cd930fc.jpg

Yeah, someone did,. like 10 posts up.

7 hours ago, Red Five said:

Maybe it's an eyesight issue with Worthy. Like Ricky Vaughn. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Teams have loaded the box and dared us to pass in the second half of games and we failed to do so. I think at some point for us to be truly special on that side of the ball we have to be able to punish teams for loading boxes. 

Agree. I think for Texas to win this game Ewers needs to have a good game. Not just solid and drive the bus type game. Hit a couple deep shots 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

You don't have a clean pocket with a 10-yd in and throw it at the guy's knees. 

He's not accurate. 

Sleeping?

Lulz

That wasn't supposed to be an in route. Ewers threw a comeback route to the outside shoulder. Thompson broke the wrong way.

Edited by pacman

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

I don’t mind the deep shots. Keep letting Ewers cut it loose, one is bound to hit. 

One is bound to hit?  Is this serious? A D-1 QB wanting to have a prayer answered?

Holy fuck we're at Haynes King level.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I don’t mind the deep shots. Keep letting Ewers cut it loose, one is bound to hit. You could give TCU at the one yard line and they would come away with zero points. 

Fucking stupid shit, and beyond.

4 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

One is bound to hit?  Is this serious? A D-1 QB wanting to have a prayer answered?

Holy fuck we're at Haynes King level.

Fucking stupid shit, and beyond.

In normal circumstances, yeah pull him. Not tonight, TCU would be lucky to gain 5 yards, much less score. They’re no threat to win. Let him work through it. 

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet