Say something nice about oklahoma

TexArcher

At least their ancestors had the courtesy to steal the ugliest patch of land in North America, leaving all the places that don't look like a green parking lot for the rest of us to enjoy.

And by consolidating most of the people God hates in one location, they've managed to suck most of the tornadoes there.

So they've unintentionally made the rest of the country a little better by making oklahoma so god damned awful.

Thanks, shitheads.

Your turn.  Say something nice about oklahoma.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

here's something nice about Oklahoma

no matter where you are in it, you're never too far to drive to Texas from it

even if that means ending up in Amarillo

i mean... Amarillo sucks, but at least it has the benefit of being inside state lines

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Just got back from a weekend in Santa Cruz. Probably not even a top 10 spot in CA. It was incredible. California is the crown jewel of the US.  Oklahoma is a shithole in every way you can imagine.

i mean, to be fair, most of the good in California is along a very thin line between the Sierras and the coast. There's a lot of wide open space and places that suck almost as much as Oklahoma

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

i mean, to be fair, most of the good in California is along a very thin line between the Sierras and the coast. There's a lot of wide open space and places that suck almost as much as Oklahoma

Well if you mean Bakersfield and Modesto or whatever the fuck ok, fair point. there’s a reason okies moved there in the dust bowl. But last time I checked almost no one lives in those places. if watching surfers in Santa Cruz for a few hours with the full sun on your skin and not breaking a sweat doesn’t make you question why the fuck we work so hard and live in a sauna nothing will.  So it that sense maybe California and Oklahoma are the same, both make you think WTF but in different ways.

anyway I came to say I got nothing nice to say about Oklahoma, my folks taught me right.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, troph said:

Well if you mean Bakersfield and Modesto or whatever the fuck ok, fair point. there’s a reason okies moved there in the dust bowl. But last time I checked almost no one lives in those places. if watching surfers in Santa Cruz for a few hours with the full sun on your skin and not breaking a sweat doesn’t make you question why the fuck we work so hard and live in a sauna nothing will.  So it that sense maybe California and Oklahoma are the same, both make you think WTF but in different ways.

anyway I came to say I got nothing nice to say about Oklahoma, my folks taught me right.

Yeah, Bakersfield, Delano, all that redneck shithole crap you gotta get through to make it to Sequoia Nat'l Park from SoCal. 

Oh, and Los Angeles. Fuck Los Angeles.

But better Los Angeles than Oklahoma.

8 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Yeah, Bakersfield, Delano, all that redneck shithole crap you gotta get through to make it to Sequoia Nat'l Park from SoCal. 

Oh, and Los Angeles. Fuck Los Angeles.

But better Los Angeles than Oklahoma.

I slept in the back of a 40 foot rented box truck with 3-4 pallets of Sonoma wine at a truck stop in Bakersfield once with doc. We did it to make sure it didn’t get stolen. The hookers were putting their clothes back on as they walked away from the long haul trucks and the roaches were bigger than any I’d ever seen. You don’t have to convince me parts of California are like Oklahoma.  every state has its armpit, Oklahoma is nothing but an armpit. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

If you're a fan of Art Deco architecture, Tulsa has some nice buildings. Of course, that can be cancelled out by the Oral Roberts campus freak show architecture.

I dig the show Res Dogs, which quietly fêtes the fate of Indigenous youth living on the reservation.

Finally, they have medical marijuana and also share a border with Colorado.

That's all I've got.

• Hook 'Em 1