49-0

ztejas

Posted in another thread... is this the most consequential win since the Rose Bowl?

Bigger than the Sugar Bowl? Bigger than the Ohio State Fiesta Bowl? Those had hardware... but this just feels bigger. In the two decades I've been watching, we've never rubbed OU's nose in it. We did today.

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Posted in another thread... is this the most consequential win since the Rose Bowl?

Bigger than the Sugar Bowl? Bigger than the Ohio State Fiesta Bowl? Those had hardware... but this just feels bigger. In the two decades I've been watching, we've never rubbed OU's nose in it. We did today.

I get the sentiment, but we’ve seen those occasional glimmers of hope only to have it dim quickly. Hopefully If this team wins out… could certainly point to this game… as the one that made everything click for this staff and players. 

• Hook 'Em 7

We just beat the 11th most difficult team on our schedule this year. It was a speed bump
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

Let's see what happens on the road against OK St before we starting sucking each other off.

Mudholing the Sooners was satisfying as hell, but they’re a dogshit football team. Texas is clearly a different team with Ewers at the helm, but we’ll find out soon how good they are. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 losses sucks but anyone paying attention should have us ranked tomorrow.  1 point home loss to the #1 team, playing with the backup QB for 3 quarters.  Conference road loss with the backup QB in OT.  An injury away from 6-0 IMO.

• Like 4

We can revisit in January.  As a team as a whole we should not have lost to dirt aggy with or without QE, but this is another step in the right direction but there are plenty more games to play.  The cake is not fully baked.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Call said:

We can revisit in January.  As a team as a whole we should not have lost to dirt aggy with or without QE, but this is another step in the right direction but there are plenty more games to play.  The cake is not fully baked.

I'll revisit it right now. This is a nasty football team. Lubbock is Lubbock and we're a young squad. Shit happens. No one in the country wants to line up against this Texas team with Quinn at QB. We're a fucking problem. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

No. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Change the title to “beating Oklahoma 49-0 is our standard and I’m sorry.” Hahahaha

I may or may not still want to fire Steve Sarkisian. Jk.

6 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this

multiple reports to mods made

Good. Suck my dick while you're at it. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Venables won’t last long there.  Granted, Riley leaving him with a shit defense while absconding with all of their best players and recruits put him in a big hole.  But holy shit.  He’s going to have a John Blake type tenure at this rate.

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

OU is atrocious. There is no other way to paint it.  Simply terrible.

But you bury garbage like that. And we did.

Tom Herman and Charlie Strong teams would have won this game 35-27. It’s been a looooong time since we blew teams out who deserved it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, honolulu horn said:

Sark let off the gas pedal a bit in the fourth quarter, but it's just as humiliating to have to play the other team's second and third stringers with 15 minutes left.

Banks getting into it with 2 DBs, Whitt knocking that DB on his ass and standing over him, RoJo and Bijan trucking defenders, Cook laying out and destroying the sooner QB...we have a nasty streak indeed. Love it. Been a long time. 

They played with a little swagger. Texas needs swagger - we’ve missed it for 11 or 12 years. I hope they skullfuck Iowa State and its  merry group of whiners next Saturday to continue to build the swagger. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I get the sentiment, but we’ve seen those occasional glimmers of hope only to have it dim quickly. Hopefully If this team wins out… could certainly point to this game… as the one that made everything click for this staff and players. 
That's true but this is the biggest win differential I've ever seen in this game for us. Even when Vince was here, we didn't beat them this bad. And hell, that game was pretty close in the 1st half on memory.

But this win was not bigger than 2008 OU just because OU was damn good that year and this year they are pretty bad. And this wasn't bigger than 2008 Ohio State bowl game.

But bigger since the 2010s? I think so.
  • Hook 'Em 4

28 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

You're never as good as you think you are when you win, and you're never as bad as you think you are when you lose.  A 49-0 shutout of a terrible ou team is fine, but it doesn't mean dick next week, or the week after that.  Just enjoy the win and get ready to get back on the ride.

Are you sure?  I’m pretty sure OU is that bad.  What evidence do you see that they’re even one point better?  It felt worse than 49-0.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

is this the most consequential win since the Rose Bowl?

but this just feels bigger. In the two decades I've been watching, we've never rubbed OU's nose in it. We did today.

It would be if they didn’t suck. Kicking your rival when they’re down is fun, but it’s still kicking them when they’re down.  
Its not like some of Mack’s early loses to them when some pretty solid Texas teams got whipped.  This isn’t like that.  We just beat up a kid that rides the short bus.  That’s all.  
If they turn their season around then maybe looking back, this might grow into a pretty significant blowout to be remembered.  It just doesn’t have that much weight to it yet because of the current state of their program.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1