45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Speaking of ethics, i have never really understood how a non-refundable retainer is going to work.

At least in theory, all fees have to be earned, which means on termination of representation, unearned fees are returned to the client.  Kind of the antithesis of nonrefundable.

There's also things like opportunity cost, conflicting out of other representation (mostly only applies to civil and family in particular) that could justify a big nonrefundable retainer.

A more modest nonrefundable retainer could be earned very quickly and justified by the other factors.  Three mil, I dunno man.

The thing is that you can "earn" that by doing pretty much any amount of work. The question then becomes reasonableness of the fee, which as you know isn't the most critical analysis. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I wouldn't touch any representation of Trump for less than a $10 million retainer, and that shit would need to be paid in cash 

Gonna be a long day sitting there with that little fluorescent pen checking all those bills to see if they're legit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.....I ain't falling for your "design-build" and "cost plus" setup, dude.  

Oh don’t you worry, we will have a Guaranteed Max Price in the contract.  All the line items will be allowances though.  We can go through how those are reconciled after we sign the contract.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

This can't be the expectation, right? In every one of these cases people talk about how long Jury Selection will take, and now multiply this by 18 co-defendants. 

46 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

If you sent me a picture of that guy and asked me what he did for a living, I’d say he’s exactly what he is/is doing in tha video. 

I think "Compulsive Eater" or "Shops at Clown College" are more like hobbies, not careers. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

47 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Alex, I'll take "people who haven't touched a vagina since they came out of one" for $800.

Where does one even find a sport coat in 48 short? The tent section at Academy? 

Edit: Now I remember what his coat reminds me of...

new-orleans-la-usa-september-blue-tarp-r

Edited by Pescado_Rojo

12 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Where does one even find a sport coat in 48 short? The tent section at Academy? 

Edit: Now I remember what his coat reminds me of...

new-orleans-la-usa-september-blue-tarp-r

The dude used up all the yards of blue fabric in a 400 miles radius for that jacket. Still didn't have enough to avoid the collar gap.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This can't be the expectation, right? In every one of these cases people talk about how long Jury Selection will take, and now multiply this by 18 co-defendants. 

I think "Compulsive Eater" or "Shops at Clown College" are more like hobbies, not careers. 

Technically, the trial date starting in October means that's when jury selection starts. That could drag on until the Spring and opening arguments would not commence until then.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I assume Willis is not actually expecting a trial date of October 23. 

Same tactic as Smith I think.  Ask for a very early date and then "compromise" on a reasonable one that is still much sooner than Trump would like.

Edited by kevwun

12 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Meadows was measured at 6' 1" and 240.

If he is 240, Trump has to be three bills, easy.

‘They said I’m 300lbs, but that’s a lie. Just like the election results, it’s all a lie. You know who wished they were 300lbs? Chris Christie. Big fat Chris Christie. He was 300lbs once, oh a long time ago, when he was a little boy, about 10 years old. He single-handedly kept the Jersey furniture industry in business for many many years.’

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

Exactly -- do you have to call it a "retainer"? Just tell Donald, "Yeah, fuckhead, I'll represent you. For $3M cash. Due immediately. When we surpass that, I'll ask for another lump sum."

Flat fees are a popular alternative fee arrangement so Brisket can just say he’d handle the entire Fulton County mess for  $10 million and be fine

231 million is quite a bit.

Meantime, on Planet Earth, the record on Youtube is...over 13 billion views for Baby Shark.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-viewed_YouTube_videos

Also, that tweet, post, whatever it is called no longer exists on Truth.  I'm guessing one of his lawyers literally sprinted getting Trump or someone to delete it, considering he is slandering the DA.

Screenshot2023-08-24151859.png.5ef9a8f47e5c62c912fa7f8bf509667b.png

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Haha 6