"unfrosted" - pop tart origin story written & directed by jerry seinfeld

henrygandorf

27 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

A toasted unfrosted strawberry pop tart with a little butter spread on top while it's still hot is fantastic 

This....

But I did the same thing with the blueberry ones.

Frosted Pop Tarts suck ass. It is hard to find unfrosted these days.

I always buy costco size boxes anytime a hurricane is predicted to hit cause they are great cold, hot, compact, etc, plus the wife wouldn't give me as much crap because she was focused on the impending hurricane.

It was about the only time I ever would buy them.

It got to the point though where kids would see them in pantry and be like "whoa, when is the hurricane hitting?" or they'd comment "I wish a hurricane was coming, I want a pop tart".  Now grownup they still refer to them as "hurricane food"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

I prefer unfrosted, especially for breakfast. I'll never understand people who can eat massive amounts of processed sugar for breakfast. Donuts, coffee that has so much milk and sugar it's basically the coffee equivalent of chocolate milk. 

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

I prefer unfrosted, especially for breakfast. I'll never understand people who can eat massive amounts of processed sugar for breakfast. Donuts, coffee that has so much milk and sugar it's basically the coffee equivalent of chocolate milk. 

One of the worst things that's ever happened to me was when they came out with the sweetened creamers, especially the French Vanilla and Hazelnut.   And coconut creme.  

Both my coffee consumption and sugar consumption have gone up significantly as a result, because those creamers are like heroin to me.

9 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

A toasted unfrosted strawberry pop tart with a little butter spread on top while it's still hot is fantastic 

A toasted unfrosted brown sugar cinnamon Pop-Tart requires no condiment. A glass of milk or cup of coffee for dunking doesn’t hurt.

Obligatory:

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, gofuckyourself said:

From the linked article:

"Also boasting prestigious comedic talent, including Hugh Grant, Melissa McCarthy, and James Marsden..."

I'm sure I'll watch, more in spite of those prestigious comedic talents.

there are a ton of comics/funny people in it.  not sure how marsden made this short list.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I would eat toasted, unfrosted, unfilled Pop-Tarts. Nothing but crust. Maybe make them 1/2 or 1/3 the width of a normal tart to maximize the surface area of golden brown crunchy edge.

Welp, that about does it. I have now found the worst take on the internet.

On 5/3/2023 at 4:40 PM, longhornmatt said:

Why do they call it pop tart?  The sugar is sweet.  The filling is sweet.  The frosting is sweet.  They should call it pop sweets.

It's not pop. It's not carbonated. You don't drink it out of a bottle. It doesn't explode and make a loud noise...unless you do it really wrong,

Poppy gets a little sloppy.

My wife bought a bag of Pepperidge Farm Linzer cookies while on a road trip.  She gave me one and I had the briefest moment of confusion as my brain was registering “Pop Tart” while I ate it.   If you can’t find unfrosted pop tarts, these are a good facsimile.  

On 5/4/2023 at 10:45 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I always buy costco size boxes anytime a hurricane is predicted to hit cause they are great cold, hot, compact, etc, plus the wife wouldn't give me as much crap because she was focused on the impending hurricane.

It was about the only time I ever would buy them.

It got to the point though where kids would see them in pantry and be like "whoa, when is the hurricane hitting?" or they'd comment "I wish a hurricane was coming, I want a pop tart".  Now grownup they still refer to them as "hurricane food"

Bought a few boxes during the pandemic before shit closed down for a bit.  

• 10 months later...
6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

only took an extra year to iron out the kinks. 

He was on Fallon last night. The clip they showed looked interesting. I'll probably check it out.