Trump Town Hall thread, all snowflakes welcome

jimmyjazz

13 minutes ago, Zeus said:

This guy still exists?

Also the "Lincoln Project" is hilarious

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/12/lincoln-project-scandal-468984

People familiar with the organization’s internal dynamics say specific complaints about Weaver’s conduct were brought to managers in the summer of 2020, though Schmidt has pushed back on those claims. In his Friday evening statement, Schmidt said that he “learned about John Weaver’s misconduct with an underage boy this past January.”

The Lincoln Project released a statement earlier in the week saying that it was retaining a “best-in-class outside professional to review Mr. Weaver’s tenure with the organization.”

Don't like what he's saying?

So, of course you try to distract from the message with a disgraced and dismissed member. Unlike the vulgar talking yam they accepted responsibility and took appropriate actions.

Yeah, that's not gonna work.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, McCroskey said:

I disagree is this continued notion that republicans suck

I don't think Republicans suck. That's far too easy. 

I think Republicans are fascists (and many are theocrats). Why? The evidence is clear, the GQP policies speak for themselves. Fascism, theocracy. Guns. Flag. Bible. Ten Commandments. Shoved down the throats of secular society.  Attacks on women, immigrants, People of Color, scientists, doctors, nurses, educators, the list is growing. It's f*cking fascism and theocracy.

Yet, for some reason, there is a reluctance at this site to call GQP/MAGA/Trump what they are: fascists and theocrats.

Across 40 freaking years, the Republican Party has moved politically in one direction, and one direction only. Straight into fascism and theocracy. The timeline is below. 

McCroskey and anyone else: Facts, evidence, and history don't care if you are some self-described "conservative" in mourning, wondering what the hell happened to America, because your violent-fanatical-idiot world GQP is completely off the rails and hurtling America down the side of the mountain, dead into the valley of fascism/theocracy. And, to feel better, you gotta somehow trash old man Biden as he tries to plug the holes in the dam of democracy, cracking under the downhill flood of fascism.

The evidence has been there all along. If you voted for Reagan, Bush 1, Bush 2, Trump, or supported Perot or the Tea Party, then you have enabled, supported, or wholly agreed with the direction of the timeline. 

FarFarFar.jpg

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, McCroskey said:

Well said, I only disagree in that I think there are many capable “ready now” leaders out there, they just happen to run businesses or are in otherwise non-political roles.

While some skills may overlap, being good in business does not necessarily translate into being an effective political/governmental leader.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, McCroskey said:

If you think Lincoln being assassinated was symbolic of a nation’s broad opinion on him, well, I can’t help you.

Hell, Garfield won an election and a mentally ill man shot him four months in, does that mean he was divisive too?

Many of our past presidents made flawed decisions, but they and the country were products of their time. Look at how Biden himself has changed in a number of key social areas.

We’ve obviously evolved, thankfully.

Did their flawed decisions make them incompetent? 

35 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Yet, for some reason, there is a reluctance at this site to call GQP/MAGA/Trump what they are: fascists and theocrats.

Why would you say that?  Plenty of us have been saying exactly that for years.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Saw a clip earlier of Trump last night talking about 1/6. Essentially, "I did everything I could to stop that terrible day from happening, but it was a beautiful day and those people are patriots and I'm going to pardon them because they did nothing wrong." 

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Saw a clip earlier of Trump last night talking about 1/6. Essentially, "I did everything I could to stop that terrible day from happening, but it was a beautiful day and those people are patriots and I'm going to pardon them because they did nothing wrong." 

Lulz

40 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Look at that, it's an ad 

Before he finished blathering

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, WBT said:

There is?

The CR calls them out. 

However, most have fled to the Daily Texan to “just ask questions” or solve the unsolvable mystery of gun violence and mental health. 6th Street has a special cluster of “libertarians” than range from Anti-Fed to Unabomber 

• Hook 'Em 3

catching up now and i think mccroskey has won me over.  next fall, when i go to my polling place, and see the options are (d) biden and ® trump, i will use that opportunity to write in "the world of politics is broken and needs to be better" and then i will leave with my head held high.
both sides is no sides.  take a fucking side, dimwit.

He brings shame to Captain McCroskey's name.
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

let's see what gpt can do with this:

if i give you a topic can you summarize it in a paragraph using the speaking style of former president donald trump?

ChatGPT

Absolutely! I'll do my best to summarize a topic in the speaking style of former President Donald Trump. Please provide me with the topic you'd like me to summarize.

please tell me about january 6th

ChatGPT

Look, let me tell you about January 6th, folks. It was a big day, a tremendous day in American history. The whole world was watching, and I mean everybody. We had a massive rally, like no one has ever seen before. People came from all over, patriots who love this country, who wanted their voices to be heard. They were upset, I mean really upset, because they believed the election was stolen. And you know what? Many of them were right. They wanted to show the weak politicians in Washington, the swamp, that they weren't going to take it anymore. They marched to the Capitol, and sure, there were some people who got carried away. But let me be clear, I didn't tell them to do anything wrong. I said be peaceful, be strong, but the fake news media, they don't want to report that. They just want to smear me and my supporters. We have to investigate the election, we have to get to the truth, because our great country deserves better. So, January 6th, it was a day of passion, of love for our country, and no one can take that away from the incredible people who were there.

edit to add - lol it named itself "trumpy style summary".

He said "all those people came to the capitol because they believed their election was stolen". 

No you fucking idiot, they came because you told them to, and because you cried for a year about how the election was going to be rigged. 

He said "all those people came to the capitol because they believed their election was stolen". 
No you fucking idiot, they came because you told them to, and because you cried for a year about how the election was going to be rigged. 
Now let's not get into semantics with ChatGPT
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
48 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Now let's not get into semantics with ChatGPT

right?  i told it to behave like trump and it bent the truth in half over its leg.  pretty intuitive, i would say.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

let's see what gpt can do with this:

if i give you a topic can you summarize it in a paragraph using the speaking style of former president donald trump?

ChatGPT

Absolutely! I'll do my best to summarize a topic in the speaking style of former President Donald Trump. Please provide me with the topic you'd like me to summarize.

please tell me about january 6th

ChatGPT

Look, let me tell you about January 6th, folks. It was a big day, a tremendous day in American history. The whole world was watching, and I mean everybody. We had a massive rally, like no one has ever seen before. People came from all over, patriots who love this country, who wanted their voices to be heard. They were upset, I mean really upset, because they believed the election was stolen. And you know what? Many of them were right. They wanted to show the weak politicians in Washington, the swamp, that they weren't going to take it anymore. They marched to the Capitol, and sure, there were some people who got carried away. But let me be clear, I didn't tell them to do anything wrong. I said be peaceful, be strong, but the fake news media, they don't want to report that. They just want to smear me and my supporters. We have to investigate the election, we have to get to the truth, because our great country deserves better. So, January 6th, it was a day of passion, of love for our country, and no one can take that away from the incredible people who were there.

edit to add - lol it named itself "trumpy style summary".

Weren't you just arguing that gpt can't do comedy?

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Um, are you… actually, nevermind…

10312810-6CD3-438B-AF17-35183993197C.gif.299687ea8b2cde08747a8342a580d7b8.gif

So after being irate he got the platform last night I’ve calmed down, listened to Pod Save America, and refocused. 

- Only 3m watched live.

-  It was full of sound bytes that will be run by Dem PACs and the Biden campaign in every swing state for next 18 months.

- It signaled the worthlessness of CNN as a political player on the heels of the destabilization  of Fox. 

2024 is all about turnout.  Everyone has made their minds and if they haven’t it’s a cover that they are voting for Trump.  

Trump said a lot of insane and repugnant shit last night that can be run on loop and was unapologetic about it. Just get out the fucking vote and flip NC to kill the electoral  map for good for the GOP.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

So after being irate he got the platform last night I’ve calmed down, listened to Pod Save America, and refocused. 

- Only 3m watched live.

-  It was full of sound bytes that will be run by Dem PACs and the Biden campaign in every swing state for next 18 months.

- It signaled the worthlessness of CNN as a political player on the heels of the destabilization  of Fox. 

2024 is all about turnout.  Everyone has made their minds and if they haven’t it’s a cover that they are voting for Trump.  

Trump said a lot of insane and repugnant shit last night that can be run on loop and was unapologetic about it. Just get out the fucking vote and flip NC to kill the electoral  map for good for the GOP.  

these people voted for him in 2020 as well.  if we get the same turnout as 2020, we win.  there's no fucking way he's gaining supporters.  all the covids and almost-deads from 2020 are gone and there's no way he's picking up steam with people just turning 18.

i'm sure we'll see some bullshit about how much money he raised last night and how "46% are from first-time contributors".  the fuck outta here.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

you come across as a psychopath. Seek help.  When a liar is exposed and countered every single time (Caitlin), that was very refreshing. Let's see you favorite FOX give Biden an hour of live TV. 

D41CA90F-8C76-4441-A939-E551A8304CC0.gif.d2bbbd91f3294a761fcbe751bf7e4ad7.gif

7 hours ago, Zeus said:

This guy still exists?

Also the "Lincoln Project" is hilarious

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/12/lincoln-project-scandal-468984

People familiar with the organization’s internal dynamics say specific complaints about Weaver’s conduct were brought to managers in the summer of 2020, though Schmidt has pushed back on those claims. In his Friday evening statement, Schmidt said that he “learned about John Weaver’s misconduct with an underage boy this past January.”

The Lincoln Project released a statement earlier in the week saying that it was retaining a “best-in-class outside professional to review Mr. Weaver’s tenure with the organization.”

Can you explain why you thought this was important enough to post?  

18 hours ago, McCroskey said:

If you think Lincoln being assassinated was symbolic of a nation’s broad opinion on him, well, I can’t help you.

Hell, Garfield won an election and a mentally ill man shot him four months in, does that mean he was divisive too?

Many of our past presidents made flawed decisions, but they and the country were products of their time. Look at how Biden himself has changed in a number of key social areas.

We’ve obviously evolved, thankfully.

This "expression" rubs me the wrong way.

9 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

not free

But we could have learned more. Here are a few questions I wish Trump had been asked:

• For the first two years you were president, Republicans held the House and the Senate. Why didn’t you get them to pass funding for a wall on the southern border? Did then-House Speaker Paul D. Ryan outmaneuver you, or did you drop the ball?
  • In your inaugural address in 2017, you referred to the scourges of crime and drugs, among other things, as “American carnage.” Crime rates, homicide rates and drug-overdose rates all rose during your presidency. Why did you fail to reduce the carnage?
  • You included the trade deficit as a cause of that carnage. It, too, increased during your presidency.It kept increasing under President Biden, who has largely kept your trade policies. How do you explain this failure?
  • You have been harshly criticized by many of the high-level officials you appointed, including an attorney general, a national security adviser, a defense secretary and two White House communications directors. Why do so many people who work with you turn against you? Are you bad at hiring people?
  • In 2020, you said that you had “total” authority to end state lockdowns. Does that mean you were pleased with how long those lockdowns lasted?
  • Many of your strongest supporters believe that coronavirus vaccines are one of the greatest public health atrocities in memory. You have said that the vaccine rollout was “one of the greatest miracles of the ages.” Who is wrong?
  • If you win in 2024, will your appointees have to agree that you won the 2020 election in a “landslide”?
  • Speaking of the 2020 election: If it was rigged against you, why did the people rigging it allow Republicans to flip 14 House seats? If your story were correct, what would it say about your performance of the presidential duty to protect the Constitution? Has anyone else in U.S. history had the presidency stolen from under him?
  • You have maintained that Ron DeSantis has been a terrible governor of Florida and that he owes his election as governor to you. Then wasn’t endorsing him a terrible failure of judgment on your part?
  • Joe Biden entered office at age 78. Is that too old for a president? How old will you be on Election Day?
  • When defending yourself against E. Jean Carroll’s accusation of sexual assault, you explained that she wasn’t your “type.” Would you have attacked her if she were your type?

• Hook 'Em 2

just watched anderson cooper's opening which was all about last night.  now his panel is having discussions about platforming the bullshit and how some republicans have come out against some of his comments (sort of).  the general sentiment is "can republicans start chipping away and replace him as the frontrunner?"

is that the goal here?

18 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

link to opening. 

If you try to overthrow the US government you lose your right to equal airtime.  This shouldn’t be that hard.  And fuck Anderson Cooper for defending it.  Maybe we can fire up the Delorean and send him back to 1939 so he can defend Hitler.

• Hook 'Em 7

16 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

If you try to overthrow the US government you lose your right to equal airtime.  This shouldn’t be that hard.  And fuck Anderson Cooper for defending it.  Maybe we can fire up the Delorean and send him back to 1939 so he can defend Hitler.

the problem: a significant percentage of the public adore Trump, the R frontrunner, who may well win in 18 months.  CNN is not the issue, it's American demographics. 

• Hook 'Em 1