Tourist Trip to Titanic Terribly Turns Tragic

MrBig

3 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Vastly different mechanics of death at play here.  Drowning vs compression-ignition.  Not sure just how complete the combustion would be in this situation, but there isn't much recognizable matter that comes out of a diesel cylinder after compression.  

Yeah, I get it.  

I just figured this was my only chance to get that little bit of trivia into a thread since I didn't use it in the death of Gordon Lightfoot/Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Yeah, I get it.  

I just figured this was my only chance to get that little bit of trivia into a thread since I didn't use it in the death of Gordon Lightfoot/Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald thread. 

I read an article about explosive compression.  At that depth it happens so quickly, your brain wouldn't even register it.  

Also, did anyone tell these rich Nimrods that James Cameron made an Imax documentary of the wreck?  You don't have to get into a poorly built soup can to see it. 

20 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Cameron went on to say, "I am excited to announce we begin filming of 'Titan: Safety is for Schmucks' in two weeks.

"It will feature extraordinary state-of-the-art digital animation and filmmaking to capture the sights and sounds of metal tube and it's curtain covered shitter. It will be released in new 3D Smell-o-Vision to fully convey the depths, and scents, of this tragedy."

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Cameron went on to say, "I am excited to announce we begin filming of 'Titan: Safety is for Schmucks' in two weeks.

"It will feature extraordinary state-of-the-art digital animation and filmmaking to capture the sights and sounds of metal tube and it's curtain covered shitter. It will be released in new 3D Smell-o-Vision to fully convey the depths, and scents, of this tragedy."

LOL that Cameron statement. He could have just posted the Xzibit meme, same diff. 

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I read an article about explosive compression.  At that depth it happens so quickly, your brain wouldn't even register it. 

yep, This is honestly the 2nd best outcome of the whole event*.  They were dead so fast they just ceased to exist.   Your body is mutilated beyond all recognition, but its just over.

*vs them spending 4 days counting down the moment until they asphyxiate

Edited by AUS-97HORN

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

yep, This is honestly the 2nd best outcome of the whole event*.  They were dead so fast they just ceased to exist.   Your body is mutilated beyond all recognition, but its just over.

*vs them spending 4 days counting down the moment until they asphyxiate

As somebody pointed out: at some point if they’d been trapped, somebody would have had to drop a deuce. 
Jim Carrey Vomit GIF

7 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Whelp.  This has all been very entertaining ladies and gents.  Now it's on to the next self-inflicted stupid billionaire death.  Elon, when you going all Rocket Man, man? 

Internet rumor is that Space Karen & Meta Data are going to have a fight...  I think Elon is gonna get wooped 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Yeah, expert on CNN just now basically said (paraphrasing) “as grim as it sounds, that’s how we hope they went because the brain wouldn’t have had time to register what was happening.”

He gave the example of blowing up a balloon to its max and then taking a needle and popping it. Said that’s the best analogy he could give for what likely happened.

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

So 3,000' was the last contacted depth with the vessel?  

Pretty sure they would've been a lot further down if the last contact was an hour and 45 mins after launch. I thought I read that it was a 2-hour trip down to the Titanic.

22 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Oceansgate knew from the second they lost contact that they were dead and played it like this. There’s no way the mother ship didn’t hear that sound and know what it was. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that assholes did an assholish thing. 

They all knew. The world billionaire group chat had this info and that’s why Elon wasn’t tweeting every few hours with his solutions.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Sort of blown away by what he was saying as far as submergence diving since the 1960’s and while there have been accidents no deaths (by implosion) until Oceangate (which thanks already has a built in name) which is more time from the Kitty Hawk until the 747…the fuck? I think that’s what he was saying and that he also knew the famous French pilot on this. I can’t fathom how they got French guy to do this. It’s a colossal failure and unprecedented 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Oceansgate knew from the second they lost contact that they were dead and played it like this. There’s no way the mother ship didn’t hear that sound and know what it was. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that assholes did an assholish thing. 

jimmy fallon lol GIF

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Put some lawyers in it and there will be peace on earth.  

Nah....just stick with the Billionaires.

Pretty sure seat deposit costs for the next expedition just went waaaaaaay down. 🤔

Bet the wreath fund can now get one each for Z'berg and Gates.

Nft Welcome Aboard GIF by CryptoWorm

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, blacklab said:

I was thinking about what the worst thing that could happen, what if a pinhole leak sprung, shooting a 5000psi water jet through someone’s chest, causing them to keel over, causing the jet to cut them in half, revealing a still beating heart, spraying guts all over the inside, then slowly filling and pressurizing the craft, killing everyone over the next hour or so while they are swimming in someone’s guts. 

50 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

As somebody pointed out: at some point if they’d been trapped, somebody would have had to drop a deuce. 

My worst case scenario was that something with the balance/ballast had also gone wrong and the sub had went vertical, either nosed into the ocean floor, or was bobbing vertically at the surface, and so all five of them were forced into basically standing up, and spent a few days standing in shit and piss (or leaning on the sides with their feet/ankles in it)..  And vomit if they were stuck at the surface bobbing up and down.  I guess if it was bobbing up and down at the surface, they'd have fallen into the shit, piss, and vomit at some point.  And the smell would only get worse.  Days of standing/leaning in shit/piss/vomit, knowing they couldn't get out.