Did Mitch just have (another) stroke?

Gil Bang

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, I was gonna say, if Ed Clements is educating you on civics and the government, you should just kill yourself.

If you're listening to Ed Clements on 590 talk radio you should just kill yourself go home and rethink your life.

I-want-to-go-home-and-rethink-my-life GIFs - Get the best ...

Fixed it for Hayden

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

It's fair.  I listen to KLBJ sometimes when I have the wife's car because it doesn't have satellite radio.  I was only listening to the last few minutes before Ed ran over to 102.7 to join Jeff Ward on their new show.  Or new to me anyway.  

Ed's still a super nice guy.  Melinda is the cunt of the show in more ways than one.  But, I digest...

Didn;t realize that until just now either.  Only times I ever worried about real life implications of Shaggy/Surly was when a poster under 2 different handles posted my real life name, one occurrence of which included my wife's name as well.  He's still on here because he's an awesome bro-dog.  Second one was just a few months ago on one of the gun threads.  Poster brought up my marriage, my mental state (going through recovery), and his gun collection.  Kind of a weird trilogy of psychosis.  Never wishes suicide on anybody, don't think anybody ever wished it on me.  But yeah, this place can get weird at times.  The funny part is all the dipshits that are "Dude, you need to get help" while they deal in firearms and narcotics and broken marriages.  We're all weird people, but some folks take it too far.  And bleed over into real life.  Not cool, fellas.  You don't wanna go down that road.  

17 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

just a friendly reminder that telling people to off themselves on this here internet message board is against the rules, so let's just be careful.

thanks!

But we can tell peope to go fuck themselves with a rusty crowbar wrapped in double strands of barbed wire dipped in ebola, right?

• Gil Bang changed the title to Did Mitch just have (another) stroke?
On 9/1/2023 at 11:16 AM, Gatorubet said:

Respectfully submit the thread title be changed to: “Did Mitch just have another stroke?”

On 9/1/2023 at 10:24 PM, Gil Bang said:

done

I would have suggested Mitch had another Glitch or just the Mitch Glitch thread

Senate doc released this statement, via McConnell's office

My examination of you following your August 30 , 2023 brief episode included several medical evaluations: brain MRI imaging, EEG study and consultations with several neurologists for a comprehensive neurology assessment. There is no evidence that you have a seizure disorder or that you experienced a stroke, TIA or movement disorder such as Parkinson’s disease. There are no changes recommended in treatment protocols as you continue recovery from your March 2023 fall.

I give doctors the benefit of the doubt that they don't lie on paper but I assume they can ethically leave info out especially in regards to a statement that the patient is going to release. They can't release any info that Mitch doesn't want them to but they also cannot lie on his request. At face value, this doctor is saying that either:

• they have no idea what happened in these recent episodes. While this is possible, I find it hard to believe they would leave it with a shoulder shrug.
  • or they're already aware of the actual problem and its not what they're listing.

Since they're saying he's not having a stroke or suffering from a movement disorder, could this be some neurological tumor? If they diagnosed cancer while treating him from his fall, that would align with this statement.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Senate doc released this statement, via McConnell's office

My examination of you following your August 30 , 2023 brief episode included several medical evaluations: brain MRI imaging, EEG study and consultations with several neurologists for a comprehensive neurology assessment. There is no evidence that you have a seizure disorder or that you experienced a stroke, TIA or movement disorder such as Parkinson’s disease. There are no changes recommended in treatment protocols as you continue recovery from your March 2023 fall

Since they're saying he's not having a stroke or suffering from a movement disorder, could this be some neurological tumor? If they diagnosed cancer while treating him from his fall, that would align with this statement.

A standard Brain MRI or “snap shot” EEG would not be expected to “present evidence of” or rule out a seizure disorder, TIA, or many movement disorders.  EEG findings are not helpful unless performed during or immediately following a seizure.  TIAs and movement disorders are usually negative on standard MRI .  This statement which, while likely factual, is essentially BS to be consumed by non-medically trained people who do not know what these exams do, and what they don’t.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

A standard Brain MRI or “snap shot” EEG would not be expected to “present evidence of” or rule out a seizure disorder, TIA, or many movement disorders.  EEG findings are not helpful unless performed during or immediately following a seizure.  TIAs and movement disorders are usually negative on standard MRI .  This statement which, while likely factual, is essentially BS to be consumed by non-medically trained people who do not know what these exams do, and what they don’t.

Yep, like an EKG won't show an arrythmia if it's not actively happening.   These types of things require constant monitoring and recording to detect episodes.  They may already know what is causing it and are just obfuscating.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Yep, like an EKG won't show an arrythmia if it's not actively happening.   These types of things require constant monitoring and recording to detect episodes.  They may already know what is causing it and are just obfuscating.

Almost certainly this is what is going on right now.

On 8/31/2023 at 6:52 PM, YGIFS said:

Poster brought up my marriage, my mental state (going through recovery), and his gun collection.  Kind of a weird trilogy of psychosis.  Never wishes suicide on anybody, don't think anybody ever wished it on me. 

If they haven’t gotten to talking about your children get, you’re still on the fun side of the board.  

• Haha 1

This could get interesting, seeing as how Governor Brashear has not committed to appointing a Republican:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/kentucky-governor-wont-commit-gop-appointment-mcconnell-steps-rcna103068

State laws vary when it comes to filling congressional vacancies, and the Kentucky General Assembly changed its procedures in 2021 after the GOP-controlled legislature was able to override Beshear’s veto of a bill that limited the governor's power to temporarily fill a Senate vacancy.

Under the amended law, the governor selects a Senate appointee from a list of three names submitted by the state executive committee of the outgoing senator’s affiliated party.

Kentucky state law previously permitted the governor to appoint a replacement for a vacant Senate seat until the next general House election, which occurs every two years.

In a veto statement, Beshear cited the state Constitution in suggesting that the bill “improperly and unconstitutionally" restricted the governor’s power to fill Senate vacancies.

5 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

If they haven’t gotten to talking about your children get, you’re still on the fun side of the board.  

I mean it's pretty acceptable around here that if you politically disagree with another poster you can wish that they see the life blood of their children bleed out in front of them and pool around their feet. Cause there are very normal people here and no very-internet psychopaths.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

I mean it's pretty acceptable around here that if you politically disagree with another poster you can wish that they see the life blood of their children bleed out in front of them and pool around their feet. Cause there are very normal people here and no very-internet psychopaths.  
.330cbc899888b8e4f8a370d457924f4d.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

All political rhetoric is equal, but some political rhetoric is more equal than others. 
I used to avoid this board for years due to all the TexAgs reservist posting about both sides, and tan suits.

Don't miss those days. Glad bullshit gets called out these days. Hysteria at times, sure but it's warranted.