Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

18 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Haha, wow. ESPN published an article that our backup qb is taking backup qb reps. Next level shit 

They also missed the fact that Arch appeared in the CCG - so he played in 2 games, not 1.

Still, coaches and teammates said Manning kept growing and getting better as he watched from the sideline. He played in one game this season, the regular-season finale against Texas Tech, going 2-of-5 for 30 yards with 7 yards rushing.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-star-qb-arch-manning-sees-action-in-2023-big-12-championship-game-as-longhorns-trounce-oklahoma-state/

C'mon ESPN...

2 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Why can't the Sugar Bowl logo be put on a BURNT ORANGE shirt?

WTF is this black shirt shit? 

Our school colors are burnt orange and white, period! No black, no tan, no purple, no royal blue, no green, etc.

Texas is not fucking NikeOregon!

Put on a burnt orange shirt!

This reminds me of the day when The Unthinkable happens and these guys run out for a game in DKRTMS in black uniforms is the day when The Longhorn Nation and the big cigars go Nuclear on this black uniforms shit.

Burnt Orange and White, Dammit!

/rant

Lighten up, Francis.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Arch Manning's first media day delves into backup role, family

Andrea Adelson, ESPN     Dec 30, 2023

NEW ORLEANS -- There is a certain spotlight that comes with being a Manning quarterback. For Arch Manning, back home in New Orleans, the spotlight is even greater now that he enters the College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Allstate Sugar Bowl as the Texas backup.

That was obvious Saturday at Longhorns media day, his first availability since arriving at Texas in January as the most heralded recruit in the Steve Sarkisian era. Manning spoke for nearly 40 minutes about his new role as the No. 2 quarterback behind Quinn Ewers, his famous grandfather and uncles, being in the Superdome and what he has learned since he enrolled with the Longhorns.

The biggest difference between the game Monday night against Washington and every other game this season is that he is now officially one play away from getting into a game, after backup Maalik Murphy entered the transfer portal.

"I've tried to prepare like I'm the starter every week, but I guess now that you're just one play away instead of two, there's a little more to be prepared for," Manning said. "A lot of it is mental just because you're watching, you've got to get mental reps and just trying to prepare like you're the starter because there's a good chance you play. There's also a good chance you don't play, but at the end of the day, it's just football, going out there, doing what I've done my whole life. So that's what I'm trying to do."

If Manning needed any reminder about how close he is to playing, he saw firsthand as he watched the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic on Friday night. Ohio State starter Devin Brown got hurt early, and freshman Lincoln Kienholz played the rest of the way. The Buckeyes ended up losing 14-3 to Missouri.

"That just kind of reminds me that I'm one snap away. But hopefully that doesn't happen, hopefully Quinn has a good game and we move on to the national championship," Manning said.

When asked why he felt he was prepared to play if something happens to Ewers, Manning said, "I think because I've been preparing all year to play. I think when my name is called, I'm going to go out there and be ready to roll."

Manning said he attended the Sugar Bowl nearly every year as a child growing up in New Orleans. The team practiced at Tulane on Friday, a short drive from his home. He has had a chance to see his family since Texas arrived, and was asked multiple times about getting the chance to play in the Superdome for the first time -- where his grandfather Archie is in the Saints' ring of honor.

His high school teams at Isidore Newman never made it far enough to play for a state championship inside the stadium.

"It's nice being back in town," Manning said. "He's my biggest role model, getting to practice and eventually play where he played is super special."

His uncles Peyton and Eli Manning have sent him encouraging texts throughout the year as he has waited his turn to play. His father, Cooper Manning, played wide receiver at Ole Miss. Though waiting has been hard, Manning said he has not considered transferring despite social media speculation.

"Obviously, there's always rumors, especially nowadays, but I haven't looked into transferring at all," Arch Manning said. "I'm just focused on developing and helping this team in any way I can. Hopefully, one day playing for the University of Texas like I've always wanted to."

When asked what would happen if his father fielded big-money offers to get him to transfer once this season ends, Manning said, "I don't think it's about money right now. I want to develop from Sark. I was told that good things happening to good people who work hard and put their head down and that's what I'm focused on right now."

Sarkisian said Manning has been "tremendous" since he got to Texas, and he has seen "dramatic improvement."

"I give him a lot of credit, because he operates on a daily basis like that's not the name on the back of his jersey," Sarkisian said. "He comes to work and works as hard or harder than anybody in our program. He's extremely humble. He's there for his teammates.

"I've seen dramatic improvement in him. That's not the say he wasn't really good when he got here, but he's worked so hard to improve his game not only physically but mentally. He's fun to coach because he's coachable. He wants to do it right. You definitely see the Manning gene in him. The work ethic is undeniable. The football IQ is undeniable. We're fortunate to have him."

Article #2...

Year 1 of Arch Manning: The frustrations and lessons the QB encountered at Texas

image.png.42cc8adba4c4cfcf89420338336f08ab.png

Story by Andrea Adelson  • 2h

NEW ORLEANS -- As soon as Arch Manning made his way toward the metal benches lining the sideline inside the Superdome for Texas media day, one cameraman gave an unintentional signal to the gathered media when he said simply, "Let's go!"

Immediately, as soon as Manning took his seat, a group of reporters circled him, lined up three deep to hear what the true freshman had to say about his first year at Texas. The scene had Manning ask lightheartedly, "I don't see y'all giving this attention to the other backups."

The other backups are not named Manning. But neither are the starters, and the truth is, nobody gave that much attention to them, either. Many sat at their own podiums or tables across the football field with a smattering of reporters nearby. 

At one point, starting quarterback Quinn Ewers sat alone at his podium, turning behind him to see the scrum of reporters surrounding Manning. 

Down the sideline, co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach AJ Milwee turned to the other assistants near him to watch the scene unfold, hardly surprised. Manning arrived at Texas in January as not only one of the highest-rated recruits in the country but certainly the most famous one -- his name synonymous with quarterback greatness.

He had done zero interviews in the year since he had made the decision to come to Texas, as the No. 2 overall prospect in the ESPN 300 in 2022. So naturally, inquiring minds had to know ... well, everythingT

At first, Manning looked at the assembled group with surprise, unsure whether he was allowed to answer questions. But media day for the College Football Playoff at the Allstate Sugar Bowl meant every player was available for interviews, including him.

So Manning spoke for about 40 minutes and gave mostly stock answers about being the backup QB against Washington ("I've been preparing like I'm the starter); the role his uncles Peyton and Eli have played ("They don't overstep. Whenever I want advice, I can go to them"); and how great it felt to be back home in New Orleans ("It feels good to be back.")

He was guarded but friendly, following a mantra drilled into him going back to his prep days: "My grandfather always likes to say in interviews less is best." But there was one brief moment when Arch let down his guard, if only for a moment, offering a small window into what this year truly has been like for him.

If the outside world had great expectations for him to come in and wrestle the starting job from Ewers right away, Manning knew what reality said. Ewers himself arrived at Texas in 2022 with the fanfare reserved for elite quarterback prospects, and he seemed firmly entrenched as QB1.

There came lesson No. 1 in the days after enrolling in school. For the first time in his football life, Manning would have to be patient.

"There were a lot of tough days, I'm not going to lie," Manning said. "I was never a backup in high school. So there are some days when you graduate early, you're alone in your dorm room, you're like, just another day of fighting for the third-string job. Some days it's tough. There's hard workouts, hard practices, they expect a lot out of you. I'm glad I went through that to help me grow."

Milwee said he and coach Steve Sarkisian were strategic in their approach with Manning, making sure to be as honest as possible about what this season would hold for him and to remind him what he was working toward.

"I told him that this is going to be one of the tougher years that you've ever experienced as a football player because it's going to be drastically different than anything you've really ever experienced," Milwee said. "You're working every day so that when that time comes for you, you're ready."

Manning said he got some advice on staying patient from his uncle Eli, who redshirted his first season at Ole Miss in 1999 and had to wait his turn, too. "Yeah, you need a lot of patience, especially nowadays," Arch Manning said. "There's a bunch of old quarterbacks around college, so yeah, he's stressed that to me."

Lesson No. 2 also came in his first days on campus. Manning would never just be another guy on campus no matter how hard he tried. First came the students who asked for pictures on the way to class. But that realization truly hit when Sarkisian FaceTimed him on the second day of class.

Manning was sitting in his dorm room when he answered. Sarkisian had Manning's student ID card in his hand. Manning had unknowingly left it behind in English class, and the student who found it dropped it off at the football facility -- but not before taking to social media to let the whole world know Manning had already lost his ID card. Manning sheepishly admitted he lost it a second time.

"I think people that know me just know that I'm a regular guy," Manning said. "I'm not some superhero. I'm just a normal 19-year-old guy just trying to work hard and play football. That's really all it is."

Lesson No. 3 came in the preparation it would take to one day start at Texas. His teammates and coaches universally say that Manning has no ego. Offensive lineman Christian Jones recalls the first time he had a conversation with Manning, the two were getting breakfast and Manning patted him on the shoulder and told him, "'I appreciate you coming back. That's a big thing." Jones said that stuck with him. "He's that type of person."

They also say he works just as hard as everyone else on the team.

"Oh, I know he's going to be a great quarterback. For one, He's got that Manning blood in him. And then for two, he comes in and puts the work in every day," said tight end Ja'Tavion Sanders. "He's not one of those big-headed guys who thinks the world revolves around him. He's a real humble guy."

That includes in the quarterback room, where Manning and Ewers room together on road trips. While their relationship could have started off in an awkward spot -- ballyhooed freshman looking to push the entrenched starter -- both knew and understood their roles.

Manning made sure to ask Ewers a lot of questions. Ewers made sure to help Manning as much as possible.

"We're both really good buddies with each other," Ewers said. "We have the same buddies around this team. You know, we hang out. The quarterbacks, during the season, we go to dinner every Tuesday. So I mean, I'm not lying about how close we really are. We're a super close group and it's rare to see that, especially nowadays in college football."

As Manning grew as a player, he started to slowly move up the depth chart. He began the season as the scout team quarterback -- and even played Jalen Milroe in practice a few times to give the defense a good look headed into their September game against Alabama. Eventually, he started sharing second-team reps with Maalik Murphy.

Finally, his time to see the field came in the regular-season finale against Texas Tech. Texas had built a 50-7 lead when Manning entered. The crowd cheered so loudly that Manning waved his arms to get the fans to pipe down. He did not want his first collegiate snap to be a pre-snap penalty. Of the crowd ovation, Manning said, "It surprised me because I hadn't really done anything yet." Manning ended up leading a touchdown drive.

Now comes Lesson No. 4, which is honestly a blend of all his previous learnings. Staying patient, learning how to prepare, understanding the spotlight will always be on him has led him here: back home in New Orleans, with a chance to play for a national championship. Manning enters the game as the backup quarterback behind Ewers and sums up his role this way, "I've been preparing all year to play. I think when my name is called, I'm going to go out there and be ready to roll."

Of course, there will be many more questions to answer when this season comes to an end. The first one has already been asked -- if Ewers decides to come back to Texas for one more season, how would Manning feel about waiting one more year to start?

"It's never fun being a backup and sitting, but each person's journey is different, and I'm going to work hard and not blink an eye and help Quinn be the best quarterback he can be and try to get better along the way," Manning said. "It takes some time, but I think it'll be worth it one day."

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Arch wasn't sure he was allowed to answer media questions today 😂😂😂😂

10 minutes with Arch Manning: Texas QB answers questions at Longhorns Media Day before CFP semifinal

Austin American-Statesman

sounds like creepy Kurt asking the first few questions... Bet he can't wait not to vote for Arch in the heisman a few years from now.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Arch Manning's first media day delves into backup role, family

Andrea Adelson, ESPN     Dec 30, 2023

Article #2...

Year 1 of Arch Manning: The frustrations and lessons the QB encountered at Texas

image.png.42cc8adba4c4cfcf89420338336f08ab.png

Story by Andrea Adelson  • 2h

image.gif.22bcf6818efe8974898737e9670ffab0.gif

• Like 1
  • Drool 2

If I’m QE I use this for jet fuel for the next two games! 
Also, media still can’t understand that Arch just wanted to go to Texas. Not Bama nor Georgia. Move on with the desperation media folk. He’s spelled it out for them and they still trying to look for an angle. Ofcourse he will get to play for Texas. And he wants to play for Texas. Move along. Nothing to see here but seething jealousy and trying to find a “story” where there simply is not one. 
Yeah, I love that he threw in there "I'd go to Texas even if I weren't an athlete"...but that still won't be enough for the talking heads trying to stir up shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Don’t they move from player to player though? Seems awful click-baitey. 
Quinn had a behind the table interview, they ambushed Arch sitting on that bench. Hell they even interviewed Wright...but of course the main question they asked was about Arch.

NIL

Cooper Manning Denies 'BS' Rumor About His Son, Arch Manning

ANDREW HOLLERAN    11 HOURS AGO

A tweet has been going viral this month, suggesting that Texas Longhorns true freshman quarterback Arch Manning has made more money in 2023 than San Francisco 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy.

Purdy, of course, is still on his rookie contract, making less than $1 million. Manning, meanwhile, is one of the most valuable players in college football - at least in terms of NIL value.

But what's real?

Manning's father, Cooper Manning, says that the NIL figures being thrown around are not accurate. They're just "made up," he says.

“All this NIL stuff is BS. People just make up numbers,” Cooper said. “Don’t believe what you read.”

Arch Manning agreed with his dad.

“I’m not involved with my NIL. You would have to ask my dad about that. I have no idea,” he said at Sugar Bowl Media Day on Saturday. “I don’t think I’m making however much more than Brock Purdy. Someone sent me that the other day.”

According to On3, Arch Manning's NIL value is in the low seven figures, but is that what he's actually making or is that just his estimated worth?

According to the Mannings, it's the latter.

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

If you watch the full Arch interview the most annoying shit stirring questions come from Kirk Bohls…   When does this cum stain retire already?  

If Texas doesn't win it all, maybe he'll have a heart attack from the orgasm he'll have seeing us lose. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

FKB...

Texas' Arch Manning is the Taylor Swift of backup quarterbacks

image.png.55070e5a8ea58473a3db45a6ced83041.png

Kirk Bohls, Austin American-Statesman  

NEW ORLEANS — For almost the entire 45-minute session with the media covering Monday’s Sugar Bowl, the star of the moment held court on Saturday before a rapt audience. Arch Manning dazzled with his polish and poise as well as his deadpan sense of humor.

While seven featured teammates did interviews from risers and another 19 had separate tables — even punter Ryan Sanborn and three running backs — upward of 25 or more reporters at a time crowded around the Longhorns' boyish-looking quarterback sitting on a bench along the sideline, picking his brain.

That’d, uh, be the backup quarterback.

But we all know Manning is no ordinary backup. In fact, until true backup Maalik Murphy announced a few weeks ago that he was transferring to Duke, Manning was third-string. He even worked with the scout team for a few weeks.

Never has there been so much fuss over an 18-year-old college athlete who most likely won’t even set foot on the Superdome field for Monday's College Football Playoff semifinal game against No. 2 Washington.

That said, Manning did kid that maybe he’d ask head coach Steve Sarkisian if he could “return a kick.”

Manning does throw to receivers Xavier Worthy and Adonai Mitchell, who stick around after practice, but he still doesn’t get any reps with the first team. Those are reserved for Quinn Ewers, you know, the actual starting quarterback who basically drew little interest from the press during Saturday's media day.

For sure, Manning is champing at the bit to get onto the field but pretty much doused any rumors that he has any interest in transferring. That said, he’s had some down moments while being totally at ease in the spotlight.

“I’ve never been a backup before,” the product of Isidore Newman High School here in his hometown said in his first public remarks as a Longhorn since the press hasn’t been allowed to speak to him until this CFP-mandated media day for all players and coaches.

Instead, he is now probably the most famous third-string quarterback in college football history. Heck, he once received a standing ovation from Longhorn fans. In the spring game. Never mind that he told the press, “I’m a regular guy. I’m not some super hero. I’m just a normal guy trying to play football.”

Even though all the trappings surrounding arguably the biggest recruit ever at Texas suggest otherwise. Given his well-known surname, his family tree as nephew of two Super Bowl winning quarterbacks and grandson of Saints legend Archie Manning and his rank as the No. 1 recruit in the nation a year ago, he’s become the most popular Longhorns backup quarterback since Major Applewhite. 

There’s very little that is normal about his life since he routinely poses for pictures with classmates and tries to get away with best friend Michael Taaffe, the team’s starting safety, to play pickle ball or golf at Austin Country Club, where Arch’s dad is a new member. He said he loves golf, adding, “I hit it everywhere. In the woods.”

“He’s a goofball,” said Taaffe, who also was Arch’s recruiting host. “Just a normal person.”

Screenshot_20240101-080902_kindlephoto-2137955.png.d935530fabbf4316d457ce9d293e981c.png

'Behind the scenes, he's just a normal guy'

Manning took several of his teammates, including Taaffe, Ewers and lineman Cole Hutson to his home just 10 minutes from the Superdome, and treated them to his mom's homemade gumbo. They even toured the palatial estate and checked out Arch’s room that had a FatHead of himself, Little League baseballs and framed jerseys of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

Manning wasn’t oblivious to the new scrutiny of a player who has thrown just five career passes and has never started a game. He was as chill as a player could be for his first interaction with such a media crush.

“Yeah,” he joked, "I don’t see y’all giving attention to all the other backups.”

Boiled down, Arch Manning has become the Taylor Swift of college football. At least, the male equivalent. Cameras find him.

Why, when he entered his first college game in the regular-season finale for his debut in a mop-up role against Texas Tech, Royal-Memorial Stadium was buzzing. He even tried to quiet the crowd because “I didn’t want my first-ever play to be a pre-snap penalty.”

“Man,” Worthy said, “you saw him get in the game, it was a storm. But behind the scenes, he’s just a normal guy. A real humble kid.”

Finding his own path and developing at Texas

Now there has been a storm cloud here and there during Manning’s first year on campus. And we’re not even talking about losing his UT student ID card. Twice. He first lost it when he left it in his English class on the second day of school.

Sitting the bench has been a difficult adjustment for this celebrated quarterback who chose Texas over the schools of his father Cooper and uncle Eli (Ole Miss) and uncle Peyton (Tennessee). He also considered LSU and Georgia before picking the Longhorns in large part because of Sarkisian’s reputation as a quarterback whisperer and premier play-caller. The communications major added he’d have loved to come to Texas even if he wasn’t a football player although “I don’t know if I could get in.”

Screenshot_20240101-080724_kindlephoto-2039212.png.5b1640562992b69f3bdea5abe98e09a8.png

The transition hasn’t been easy because Taaffe has seen his down moments in the dorm room.

“In high school, you’re the guy,” Manning said. “The coaches love you. They love you in college, too, but it’s a tough love. They’re pretty hard on you. They push you.”

His teammates rib him now and then with defensive tackle T’Vondre Sweat piling it on the most, but Sarkisian loves how Manning has fit in amidst all the hoopla.

"I give him a lot of credit, because he operates on a daily basis like that's not the name on the back of his jersey," Sarkisian said. "He comes to work and works as hard or harder than anybody in our program. He's extremely humble. He's there for his teammates. I've seen dramatic improvement in him.”

The path to a starting job was eased with Murphy’s transfer, but Ewers is still wrestling with the decision to turn pro or return to school for a third season. Ewers is having one of the best seasons ever, but hasn’t gotten near the notoriety of Washington’s Michael Penix Jr. and barely drew any interest Saturday, not that the introverted Longhorn minds the neglect.

A bright future could be on the horizon

So what would Manning do if Ewers comes back? Is he willing to sit a whole ‘nother season in that case?

“I mean, there’s always rumors,” Manning said, “but I haven’t looked into transferring at all. I’m just focused on developing and helping this team in any way I can. Hopefully, one day playing for the University of Texas like I’ve always wanted to.”

NIL revenue won’t influence him, he said, and he scoffed at recent speculation and said, “I don’t think I make more money than (San Francisco’s $870,000 quarterback) Brock Purdy. Somebody sent me that.”

Taaffe, for one, doesn’t think there’s any threat of Manning leaving. After all, this is a Louisiana native who grew up wearing Longhorns T-shirts (though also LSU and Ole Miss shirts) and is eager to stamp his own separate identity apart from his famous family.

“He’s very different,” Taaffe said. “He wants to make a name for himself. At Ole Miss and Tennessee, there are already legacies there. He wants to be known not just as a Manning, but as Arch Manning.”

Screenshot_20240101-080500_kindlephoto-1896583.png.3d2ff3d678e76eebb1d3a25d90846720.png

That has to be reassuring for Longhorn Nation, and Manning might even be best-served if Ewers does come back. Manning would then have a chance to soak up even more wisdom from his good friend — they’re roommates for road games — and develop and mature.

Plus, there’s the possibility Ewers could get injured again. In the last two seasons, he's missed five full games and three quarters of the 2022 Alabama game with collarbone or shoulder injuries.

“He’s a little frustrated because he’s never been a backup,” Texas quarterbacks coach A.J. Milwee said. “These were conversations we’ve had. We’re working every day so that when that time comes for you, you’re ready.”

Manning’s probably not ready, but if Ewers goes pro, he’ll have to be. The Texas staff loves what they’ve seen from him in arm strength, mobility, football IQ, accuracy and his 6-foot-4 height although Arch said he hopes he’s still growing.

"When you get into the season, you don't always have the opportunity to get everybody the amount of reps that you would like to. So I think that's the biggest change for him," offensive coordinator Kyle Flood said. "We've got a ton of confidence in Arch. I think his progression throughout the year has been excellent. He's a real student of the game. He never approached it like he was the third quarterback or the backup quarterback. He approaches everything like he's the starting quarterback.”

Which Manning figures to be soon enough. Yeah, maybe he’s lost his student ID a time or two, but he’s established a clear identity as more than another Manning but the clear future of this Texas program.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

If you watch the full Arch interview the most annoying shit stirring questions come from Kirk Bohls…   When does this cum stain retire already?  

The real question is how have one of you with nothing to live for not beaten him to death in the past 19 years?

21 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Should the bijan mustardson folks make arch mayonnaise?

Arch enemas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Every time this thread gets bumped I'm always wondering if it's someone posting that he lost his student ID again for dozenth time 

Arch rookie cards are valuable

• 1 month later...

Really hoping we can get this dude 50+ pass attempts in real game action this year. If we're up 3 scores in the 4th quarter on anybody, it needs to be Arch time and it needs to be the full offense.

• Hook 'Em 5

Rivals guy a little butthurt and narcissistic  😋

Adam Gorney, Nat'l Recruiting   Mar 12th

"Arch Manning should lighten up"

image.png.ce439189af454fa35e4ace2ae5ae9409.png

In late March 2022, I was in New Orleans for the Rivals Camp Series and I thought it would be an opportune time to interview five-star quarterback Arch Manning.

I’ve done thousands of these interviews over the years with the best players in football. This would be a piece of cake.

It was like trying to schedule an audience with the Pope. I tried through our regional analyst at the time and we didn’t get much of a response. I tried through New Orleans (La.) Isidore Newman coach Nelson Stewart, a super nice guy who was more than accommodating with me, but no luck with Manning.

I was told he left early for a trip to Texas even though I made it perfectly clear I was available morning, noon or night to sit down with Manning, just for 10 minutes.

Couldn’t be worked out.

About three months later, Manning committed to the Longhorns with his first-ever social media post on June 23, 2022, simply saying “Committed to the University of Texas. #HookEm” and a picture of him throwing in a Texas t-shirt.

He wouldn’t provide quotes on his commitment and again he was unavailable for comment. Again, Stewart was a total pro, was great to the media and genuinely was a great person to deal with through Manning’s recruitment.

A few days after his Texas commitment, Manning was a no-show at Elite 11. Manning’s senior season rolled around and then the all-star games happened and again, Manning didn’t participate in those, either.

From start to finish of his high school career, Manning played in exactly zero national events.

Throughout his recruitment, I was critical of the way he was being handled. Friends said Manning was great, a normal guy, just wanted to be around his team and be a kid. Totally cool dude.

Then last week, something else popped up when Manning opted out of the new EA Sports College Football 25 game (unlike a reported 10,000 other athletes) for what could only be a contrived and barely understandable reason: He’s focused on playing football on the field.

What?

Manning doesn’t have to design the game or even play the thing. He just has to give the go-ahead to use his name and likeness to create a pixelated character on a screen. Even that is too much, I guess.

After that report was released, I tweeted “Live a little Arch. It’s fun out here in the real world!”

I meant it. If Manning is as good as expected, he will take over from Quinn Ewers after this season and be a superstar. The media will fawn all over him, especially at Texas. He will be a top NFL Draft pick.

What’s the use in hiding and being handled by whomever is calling these shots to basically not join society, not be involved like every other: 1. College athlete and 2. College kid to just let go a little bit and stop measuring every inch of every aspect of your life?

Trevor Lawrence was the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft and is leading a resurgence in Jacksonville. He hung out at Rivals events all the time, he played in the All-American Bowl. He’s OK. Same with Bryce Young, Justin Fields, Kyler Murray, Tua Tagovailoa, Nico Iamaleava, Dante Moore and the list goes on and on.

I remember a late-night media session in Redondo Beach after an Elite 11 workout a few summers ago with Ewers where he was surrounded by media for at least 15-20 minutes. He didn’t love it but the five-star quarterback got through it. He didn’t melt.

Bryce Young’s dad and I still talk. Young went to everything to prove to everybody he was not only a five-star quarterback but the best of the best. I needed a big work favor from Young this past offseason, I hit up Craig Young and a day or two later, the video I needed from Bryce Young was texted to me. Unthinkable in Manning World.

I remember a night in San Antonio at the All-American Bowl when Trevor Lawrence’s whole family showed up at a restaurant where I was eating with some media members and we all hung out and shot the bull for a while. Lawrence seems to have survived that casual interaction with media in a social setting.

My point to Manning and the people around him making these decisions is this: Loosen up. What’s the point of all the work and all the sacrifice and all the talent if you forget to have any damn fun along the way?

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Rivals guy a little butthurt and narcissistic  😋

Adam Gorney, Nat'l Recruiting   Mar 12th

"Arch Manning should lighten up"

image.png.ce439189af454fa35e4ace2ae5ae9409.png

I wonder if he tried hiding in the bushes at Manning’s house?

• Haha 1