Week 1 2023 - Rice @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

16 hours ago, markstanco said:

How much was the payment to Rice for this game?

sitepandawhalecom GIF

15 hours ago, ousux said:
16 hours ago, texifornia said:
The owl cocking its head cracks me up every time I re-see it

If the owls are as bad as advertised I don't see a lot of W's on their schedule

They still got the W on us with the owl they put on the tower.

(It's a myth.)

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

fuck John Mackovic and his post game comment... I'm gonna pretend I don't remember what it was

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Oh my god what is happening in here.

It's never too soon to pre-game.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Question for you in the know...does that Champions Club/Corral Club./whatever the cuss at Bass Concert Hall?  Do they let you inside into the A/C or is it just that tent area in the plaza area?  Thanks. 

It's been a few years but there's even a standing bar and some loungers in the lobby.  However, it is not really a full setup inside - just enough to cool off without feeling unwelcome.

On 8/29/2023 at 2:26 PM, longhornmatt said:

Someday this will happen at DKR (followed by a return to Journey and Bon Jovi a week later along with profuse apology emails):

Soooo incredibly awesome on every level, but wtf was going on there? Some kinda social experiment by Phil? Probably giving him wayyy too much credit there. they probably just fucked up. Glad they did.

3 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Charlie Robison >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pat Green

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_County,_Texas

I'm an "Indianola" fan, myself and I've had this thought too many times about too many assholes:

And he calls me hillbilly

And he laughs at my hair

But a cancer’ll get him

If anything’s fair

• Hook 'Em 3

I reached out to Pat Green’s manager to inquire about getting him to come perform at a fundraising benefit for a non-profit that I run.  He was not willing to work with us in any way to make it happen.  Eventually got him booked for a date.  Then the asshole turns around and books a concert literally a block from where our event was to be held a week before our event.  That concert is free to attend, I had to cancel our event because who would pay to come to ours when they can see him a week earlier for free?  So fuck that guy.  Still don’t have anyone else booked.

Edited by txhorns
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

I reached out to Pat Green’s manager to inquire about getting him to come perform at a fundraising benefit for a non-profit that I run.  He was not willing to work with us in any way to make it happen.  Eventually got him booked for a date.  Then the asshole turns around and books a concert literally a block from where our event was to be held a week before our event.  That concert is free to attend, I had to cancel our event because who would pay to come to ours when they can see him a week earlier for free?  So fuck that guy.  Still don’t have anyone else booked.

I hope this was a non profit for deaf people. Goddamn Pat Green’s music is awful. He did you a favor by being an asshole.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, txhorns said:

He’s not the only red dirt artist out there.

2 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Rice bringing their band?  That’s their best part:

No. CDC puts bands at the top corner of the stadium so they said what's the point

7 hours ago, txhorns said:

Maybe you shouldn't have been trying to fundraise for Nambla

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, txhorns said:

Shane Smith. Very, very nice guy. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Yes! I can't think of anything better for a stadium sing a long crowd song in Texas than a Toronto white boy singing Jamaican patois. 

Isn't it weird how all the other examples here, the Enter Sandman and Jump Around, etc, from across the country were all from the 90s or 80s? Why are the kids at WVU and Wisconsin and everywhere else getting hype to songs that came out a decade+ before they were born? 

One of the problems with using today's music is it is mostly pretty soft and there isn't "crowd friendly" rap like Jump Around. It's all pretty sexually explicit and violent. The shit my 18 yr old listens to isn't getting played anywhere. 

That leaves not a lot to choose from. There's the newer prog metal that has some hype bangers like Silvera 

but while it pumps for sure it doesn't really fit stadium atmosphere and the lyrics are way too political and not in a political direction Texas' ruling class would like. 

Music has always been a reflection of the society and today's kids are growing up in a society in decline with tons of conflict combined with dystopian themes like isolation fueling depression and anxiety.  Therefore the pop/rock/rap music skews depressing and not much feel good stuff. 

LOL at the bolded part.  There is a reason they stop playing that song after the first verse, and it's not time constraints.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, texifornia said:

Today's poster is a little psychedelic - WWII apparently was making everyone a bit crazy

324.remini-enhanced.remini-enhanced.jpg?

WWII hadn't started when this game was played, at least not for the U.S., but LSD had already been invented, so who knows?

• Like 1