2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN

Pancho

10 hours ago, TexasPride10 said:

SIAP, but I was at the game and noticed two things that made me smile. The first was the fact that Bama featured Marcell Dareus on field before kickoff. That was a total troll job by them, as Marcell was obviously the one that put Colt out of the National Championship game. The second was during the TV timeout after Bama took the lead for the first time, they played a hype/highlight video on the jumbo-trons. That video very clearly featured a close-up, slow-mo replay of the play that injured Quinn in last year's game. It was plain as day. Both pretty lame moves; especially the replay of the Quinn injury, but it just made it that much sweeter that we kicked their ass. 

The funniest part about all of that is that they were highlighting the fact that they can only beat us when they knock out our QB in Q1.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, WBT said:

I initially thought X needs to read the block and follow JT to the outside.  The defender wanted no part of the contact and jumped inside...you have to make him pay for that.  But watching it again, JT was set up to kick him out and just whiffed.  I'm not sure you can blame X really.

From personal experience whiffing on this exact block and being called a "wimp" in the film room in front of the whole team, I feel for JT.

35 minutes ago, WBT said:

I initially thought X needs to read the block and follow JT to the outside.  The defender wanted no part of the contact and jumped inside...you have to make him pay for that.  But watching it again, JT was set up to kick him out and just whiffed.  I'm not sure you can blame X really.

Xavier went too fast. If he had clocked it down two or three steps and allowed Sanders to finish his block it is a house call. Arnold cut inside the block before Sanders could get there because Xavier already cut inside.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

I've read and watched enough about this game to make it my personal War and Peace yet I still haven't seen immediate post-game video with locker room celebrations and a great rap song I'm far too old to know.  Anyone seen any?

No. Could be that after the Bo Davis video a couple of years ago, players aren’t allowed/no longer video private team moments post-game. 

At one point, there was someone down there doing horns down during the broadcast I swear. I wonder if it’s just a couple drunk ass bammers wondered down there because cousin sister wasn’t feeling horny.

Edit: in response to bo&w’s post with the headbutter

35 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

You shouldn’t have gone for the kill shot. And if you miss, miss to the inside because if you give Worthy another step or two, he might be gone.

I didn't. I waffled, trying not to get juked, and the receiver and DB both cut inside and ran into each other and I fell on top of them like an idiot. Just terrible.

Crazy Alabama Stat

Posted on 9/11/23 at 9:41 pm
up vote2down vote0
bkm1.png
From 2008 to 2022, Alabama lost only 5 games at home. The team that beat Alabama or Alabama won the NC all 5 years. 

10 vs Auburn - Auburn 
11 vs LSU - Alabama 
12 vs A&M - Alabama 
15 vs Ole Miss - Alabama 
19 vs LSU - LSU 

shrug.gif 

Interesting..…hmmm.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hornbeliever said:

I've read and watched enough about this game to make it my personal War and Peace yet I still haven't seen immediate post-game video with locker room celebrations and a great rap song I'm far too old to know.  Anyone seen any?

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

No. Could be that after the Bo Davis video a couple of years ago, players aren’t allowed/no longer video private team moments post-game. 

there were multiple IG Live videos from the locker room and they were glorious

ultimate pedantic dickhead on this one but we did get a delay on the first drive in the weirdest 4th down flex i've ever seen.  i understand trying to draw an offsides...particularly against a highly undisciplined and jacked up bama defense...but we never even lined it up and did a hard count.  the guys just looked at the sidelines the entire time until the play clock ran out.  that was confusing.

I'm not sure what you were watching, but we lined up and Quinn have a quick count before looking to the sidelines. The delay was 100% intentional. The guys were looking at the sideline because they were waiting on instruction from Sark. He wanted to see what Bama would show on defense and I would bet that if he saw something he liked he was going to go for it. He didn't like what he saw and now he knows what look they're going to give him when he sends those guys out there in that situation again. Chess, not checkers.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Unpopular opinion: While he is improving on the long ball, Quinn obviously still has trouble throwing deep. The two TDs to Worthy and Mitchell had the length but were very inaccurate and would have not been TDs if not for amazing catches/plays by the receiver. 

hopefully he can keep the upward trajectory this week vs Wyoming

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, WBT said:

Yeah had he hesitated and bounced outside he is gone for at least 20 yards.

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Unpopular opinion: While he is improving on the long ball, Quinn obviously still has trouble throwing deep. The two TDs to Worthy and Mitchell had the length but were very inaccurate and would have not been TDs if not for amazing catches/plays by the receiver. 

The Worthy TD was more incredible catch than throw. Quinn had room to lead him more to the left and make it an easier catch 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Oh how I wish immamac would create a yearly thread where the worst posts are re-posted. And then at the end of the year we can all vote on the absolute worst post of the year. Because this one is definitely going to be on the medal stand. 

People out here wanting complete perfect games when in the past we lose this game......it's quite insane. The nitpicking every fucking detail is insane as well...

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Is this unpopular? Couldn’t anyone with eyes see that?

The main adjustment for the Worthy and Mitchell long TDs, which I assume was coached, is he just laid the ball way out in front of his WRs to chase down once it was clear they had 1 on 1 matchups and could dust their man. It’s not going to hit every time but it’s better than whatever what we saw against Rice and last season. A DB has no chance at those.
  • Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Hondo said:

Enough time has passed that the Marcell Dareus thing is just a good, solid troll job.  Gotta just laugh and appreciate that one. 

Wasn't Darius the one who intercepted the shovel pass just before halftime and returned it for a TD? That was the biggest play of the game. 

12 hours ago, Not a cat said:

This.  I was yelling at the TV.  Might as well try of you know you want to back up anyway 

12 hours ago, sidis said:

of course, i get that...but why line up?  if you're going to do that, might as well try your hand at a hard count.

Multiple reasons to line up… sniff out defensive lineup for formation/pkg to use later, possibly force them to burn a TO, maybe catch a substitution issue, maybe catch them asleep with a guy uncovered. In my mind sark ran on 3rd down and if 4th was under 5 he’d go, over 5 and punt. 

1 hour ago, TheRRKid said:

That one Alabama caller has the right mentality. There is no SEC SEC SEC. We ride alone!

Alabama carried the SEC SEC SEC hype for a long time after Florida. It's bullshit and they know it. The SEC was very good but Alabama being absolutely dominant was the main thing carrying that hype. 

1 hour ago, Alien Octopus said:

Yeah had he hesitated and bounced outside he is gone for at least 20 yards.

Nah man if Sanders didn't whiff on that block he's dancing in the endzone. You have to rely on guys making blocks you can't hesitate and wait around to see if a guy is going to miss a block then change your running lane accordingly. The running lane is built into the play assuming people make their blocks - which they all did - except poor Sanders. Not a great blocker yet but he can tighten that up and be a 2nd or 3rd rounder maybe next year.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

Lol. “Alabama took that steer up the rear”

Man this show is so fake lol these "callers" are all fucking goofballs doing hillbilly voices. 

I Gaarrreeiiiuunteee you I gar-ye-iun-tee you I believe it now Paul, and I'm not a dummy! 

Paul's lines are so rehearsed when he responds to them lol he's a horrible actor

image.png.a5d730b4438de7a80f3ee7aea3f05761.png

It's entertaining but it's as dumb and fake as the jerry springer show

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Don't let aggy see this 

Just imagine if they'd put it on ABC instead of ESPN.  So, for the 2023 season so far, this game sits behind FSU-LSU which drew 9.17M viewers on ABC on a Sunday night of a holiday weekend, with zero other college football competition.

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to 2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN