Jonathon Brooks is a Bad Mother Fucker

immamac

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Per Gerry...

After game on crutches, no boot.  So injury may be knee.

Hopefully not too bad...  🙏🙏🙏

It's all speculative right now, but I just don't think it's a knee.  They said he was crawling off the field on his hands and knees.  Seems like an odd thing to do if you just injured your knee.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, FtheBig12 said:

It's as if you haven't seen the last three games

I have. Baxter and Blue are good enough to fill in. It isn't like we are scrapping because Brooks goes beast mode or something.

Not ideal but I think we can win with those guys.

3 minutes ago, Catpfish said:

It's the knee and MRI is scheduled for tomorrow

Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Based on how he reacted, and watching the replay, especially how it behaved on the twist, I think he popped and tore his ACL when it hit/twisted on the ground, before the roll over and twist from the TCU guy. 

And as someone that tore an ACL and kept playing for a few weeks, crawling around to try to get off the field is exactly how you would react. 

• Rage+1 6

45 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

To me it looks like he might have played his last down for us.  Which really sucks.  

If it’s a knee he’s probably coming back unless he wants to go rounds 3-6, not many teams will take a RB in rounds 1-2 that can’t do the combine.  Come back and build the draft stock back up and get a big increase in NIL.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Based on how he reacted, and watching the replay, especially how it behaved on the twist, I think he popped and tore his ACL when it hit/twisted on the ground, before the roll over and twist from the TCU guy. 

And as someone that tore an ACL and kept playing for a few weeks, crawling around to try to get off the field is exactly how you would react. 
Fuck, I was hoping for an ankle sprain. We gonna need him for the home stretch.

Just now, Michael Knight said:

his long-term financials are what worries me the most.   

With him not starting this year, and not really coming on until 3 games into the year, he wasnt projected to go very high in the draft ( if at all) to start the year....  which means, unless the school reminded him of the NCAA insurance policy recently, there is just a scary small chance he took out the NCAA draft insurance policy against catastrophic injury in the last 6 weeks. 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

We're not going to agree.

It looked like football to me.

Yes, I got it. You have terrible judgment. 

1 minute ago, WBT said:

I saw an extra twist at the end but I'm skeptical that it actually contributed to the injury

This i agree with. 

• Like 1

Hopefully we’ll get the “inside scoop” on Brooks prior to Monday’s PC. I know tonight is too early, but at least he was hobbling/assisted off the field and not in a cart. Unless he’s >80%, I’d sit him for ISU. Baxter and Blue can be the running game next week.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Furk!!!  This sucks.   Great season so far.  The way he was moving makes me think he’s done for the year.   

Watching him walk off to the locker room he didn't look done to me. Hurt, sure, but not done. But who knows ...

4 minutes ago, wood said:

Watching him walk off to the locker room he didn't look done to me. Hurt, sure, but not done. But who knows ...

Thats my hope. He walked to the locker room at 1mph, but If he tore his ACL, would he have been able to walk at all? He wasn't on crutches walking to the locker room so he was putting some pressure on that knee.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Thats my hope. He walked to the locker room at 1mph, but If he tore his ACL, would he have been able to walk at all? He wasn't on crutches walking to the locker room so he was putting some pressure on that knee.

It's a meniscus or ACL tear, most likely.  Just based off the fact he could not put weight on it.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

When I tore mine, I had help but walked off.  This was indoor soccer, and none of us idiots knew what to do, so I just iced it and drove myself home after the game.

32 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Walking off or not is a terrible gauge of knee injury severity most of the time. Training staff assessing him in the tent and then letting him walk with weight is a slightly better sign though. 

This was my reaction as well. I can't imagine them letting him walk on it at all, even with help, if they thought something was badly damaged. But I guess we'll know when we know ...

Edited by wood