Week 9, 2023: Kansas State @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

12 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Games like this give me stress, so I am going for a long hike tomorrow, recording the game, keeping up with the score realtime, and then either watching with content satisfaction or burning the recording when I get home. Much less stressful for me. 

This is what I actually need to start doing in seasons when we are good. I can’t handle the emotional swings. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

So, we have like 3-4 starters potentially out and 3-4 other starters really dinged up?

and fuckface Mar is officiating?

Yeah it’s not great. Part of being a championship team is getting lucky with injuries and we are on the opposite side of that right now. 

50 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

So, we have like 3-4 starters potentially out and 3-4 other starters really dinged up?

and fuckface Mar is officiating?

Yes. Ewers, catalon, and mystery guy gone. Burke probably gone. Dings to pretty much the whole secondary. And brooks a little bit. And Baxter. And Sanders. Other than that, pretty awesome. 

46 minutes ago, immamac said:

No one is hurt. It don't make a shit. 

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yes. Ewers, catalon, and mystery guy gone. Burke probably gone. Dings to pretty much the whole secondary. And brooks a little bit. And Baxter. And Sanders. Other than that, pretty awesome. 

Weighing Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 1

Games like this give me stress, so I am going for a long hike tomorrow, recording the game, keeping up with the score realtime, and then either watching with content satisfaction or burning the recording when I get home. Much less stressful for me. 

I used to be like that during the “Mack Era”, as he always talked up the opponent. Used to drive me crazy, knowing most teams were decent, but really “played up” vs the Horns!

It took me multiple years to realize it was “Coach speak,” even though I grew up in a household with my Dad being a TXHS Football Coach.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1

The bottom line is that I believe this team is at a point where the second stringers can indeed come in and play and adequately cover the spot up.  No certainty, but that's why we have been recruiting so hard.  This is really a test of whether we have indeed passed into a fully developed team, or are still waiting until next season.  Kansas State is a good team, that is not going to be a pushover. This is the sort of game quite simply that will define this season.  

I am hoping that we can put together a complete game with the team that we have,  period.  This is a game when you find out whether or not you have truly raised the bar for the team.  Championship teams find a way to win.  I think that this team is going to scratch and claw and end up proving to themselves that have indeed raised the bar.

If not I will be one head shaking drunk mother fucker by 4 o'clock...

• Hook 'Em 4

One thing about early Mack Brown in the early 2000's. We'd lose in a catastrophic fashion to ou then run the table. Our lack of big 12 championships, while not Texas standard, is more a fluke of the Big 12 structure at the time when the big 12 south champ played a pushover in the championship game.

Mack did build us back up to when Texas was truly "Back"  with Rodrique Wright rumbling 65 yard into the end zone aginst ou, That moment was when I knew we were what Texas should be.

This game against K state feels like a fork in the road, either we are still in people casually joking about Texas being back territory, or we are in,  "oh shit, Texas is back, hope they screw it up like they did last time, otherwise we are fucked" territory

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Atticus said:

If Sanders is too hurt to go, that takes away one of our big advantages in this game. Their linebackers are aggressive as hell and don’t cover very well anyway, so the middle of the field is wide open. 

Doesn't matter, Brooks isn't human and will exploit them. Dude is incredible. We are blessed to have him, especially after being blessed with Bijan and Rojo. 

It's a great feeling knowing we have another RB who's able to break a Defenses will. And not to mention we have Red/Blue/Baxter/K-Rob. Once Baxter understands his talent, we're a force to be reckoned with. And then we have Christian Clark coming, who is another freak. I don't personally care if we keep Gibson, especially if Davison reclassifies. That dude is legit af. Then add in Halen Berry next year... Choice needs a raise in the worst way 

• Hook 'Em 1

I read the “my island” in the voice of the Irish guy from “braveheart”.  

up early to get the girls ready for their last game of the season.  They are so excited.  Turns out Bill Snyder has been up for two hours already and faxed his game plan notes from his local Cracker Barrel.  My wife and a bunch of her cousins and their kids are K-state alums/current students.  

gonna miss this goofy ass rivalry in some ways when we leave.  They were a worthy fucking adversary, dude.  And if you ever have the occasion to visit Manhattan, KS.  Don’t.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Just saw this is an 11 am kickoff local. Gonna be some early drinking for you fellas.

As long as they don't kick off before 7 am it's not early for me.  

Bloody Mary and chorizo & egg breakfast tacos is the way to start a football Saturday. 

Edited by Laga4
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Jesus fucking fuck y'all are acting like we are the only team in the country dealing with injuries. Quit being a bunch of bitches. There's nothing wrong with the 22 we're putting out there today - they are more than capable of beating K St. Yeah - maybe we don't make the CFP or actually contend this year because we're too banged up. That doesn't mean we can't still win 10 games, play for and/or win a conference title and get to a good bowl game. 

"Aw shucks guys looks like so and so got held out of practice again - season's over"

Fuck that. Next man up. This is a process. It's a full program rebuild. This isn't some flash-in-the-pan 2022 TCU bullshit that we need to capitalize on. We're gonna reload and have the chance to be better next season. 

Now let's take these bitches behind the woodshed like we've done with every team that's stepped in DKR this season. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1