Prediction Contest Week 9- KSU @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

6 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

The Big 12 has the opportunity to eliminate Texas and OU from the championship next weekend… If they need to, I’m convinced they’ll go full 2015 OSU.

Texas: 17
KSU: 24

Punting yds: 150

Texas: ~10 penalties; ~90-110 yds
KSU: ~2-3 penalties; ~30 yds

THIS....RIGHT..........HERE..........!

KSU      31

Texas.  28

Punting yards 139

Penalty yards for KSU - 15 -  one call late in the game after the refs have decided the game.  

I expect KState and their HC to be well prepared for this game. We are the only team in the Big12 (well apart from the new teams) their HC hasn’t beaten. 

Texas wins in OT 41-34.

this is the one game that’s been my big worry all year. Hoping for a great game and no injuries! Hook’em! 🤘🏼

KState has outscored their last 2 opponents a combined 82-3. I think we're just running into a veteran team that's playing their best ball of the season and we will be sending out a QB getting his 2nd start. Refs will also contribute in KState's favor

Texas 30
KSTATE 39

122 KState punting yards

Hope I'm dead wrong

1 hour ago, Stunns38 said:

Hate to do this but K-state is hitting their stride. And we keep dicking around and have no killer instinct.

K-state 24
Texas- 21

K-state 196 punting yards

stunns already has my score and my thoughts

+++

here's our rig results against one of the pillars of murderer's row

22 Manhattan 1-score win 34-27

21 Austin 1-score win 22-17

20 Manhattan big win 69-31

19 Austin 1-score win 27-24

18 Manhattan 1-score win 19-14

17 Austin 1-score win 40-34

16 Manhattan 1-score loss 21-24

15 Austin 2-score win 23-9

14 Manhattan big loss 0-23

13 Austin 2-score win 31-21

12 Manhattan big loss 24-42

11 Austin 1-score loss 13-17

10 Manhattan big loss 14-39

07 Austin big loss 21-41

06 Manhattan 1-scrore loss 42-45

03 Austin 1-score win 24-20

02 Manhattan 1-score win 17-14

99 Austin big loss 17-35

98 Manhattan big loss 7-48

+++

the enchubbenment army is talking mudhole

we are 10-9 against these fuckers in the rig

6 of our 9 losses have been mudholes

we have mudholed them once in the rig and that was in 20

we have 2 wins by 2 scores

the other 7 of our total 10 wins in the rig have been by less than a single score

including the rona result we have won 6 in a row, but if you throw out the rona result the last 5 wins have been by less than a single score

• Like 1

This really is a must win for Texas. I think there’s a decent shot they can still get in the CCG at 7-2 if they lose one of the last three games, but they really have to have this for both tiebreakers and their own psyche.

KSU is probably the most dangerous offense Texas will face this year despite Alabama and OU having more talent on the perimeter. They have a veteran OL with a high NFL draft pick on the interior, a pair of talented backs - if anyone can run conventionally on Texas it will be KSU - and utilize the QB run game liberally. Texas has to successfully defend the QB run game while still keeping a lid on explosive pass plays. They haven’t cracked that code under PK.

KSU is more pedestrian on defense and I’m more worried about the Texas offense beating itself with a backup QB than anything KSU brings to the table. Texas takes care of the ball and calls a sound game there will be opportunities to score. If Sark can scheme up some early points on the opening script that will go a long way toward building confidence and keeping the crowd involved. The offense can’t start slow or disappear for an entire quarter as they love to do so often.

To be clear, I think Texas can win this game. I’m picking KSU because I think they have a bit more margin for error - Texas has to play as clean a game as it’s played all year on both sides of the ball - but it’s more like a 60/40 tilt. I just think there’s a pretty good chance Texas falters on one side of the ball given the circumstances.

KSU: 31

Texas: 24

KSU 4 punts for 169 yards.

Texas 64

KSU 8

punting Yds 311

the non running, bad back, swaggy swag QB is gonna hobble in for two rushing TDs.

I would like to see less hype dancing before the first play. Looks like you are trying to convince yourself. Yes he is young but don’t dance like Vince until you have earned everyone’s respect.