Merry Christmas, you Surly assholes

SimkinsMan

Merry Christmas you bunch of Surly Members. Love y’all, as this place is the gift that keeps on giving all year! We might not agree on everything in the world, but we can all gather for the love and support of our women and men’s Longhorn teams.

Thank you for your continued support during both good and bad times. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your families.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I have to admit, when LHN dies I will miss my Christmas tradition of turning over the channel to watch Bevo wander around in the cedar brush all day.  

It’s my favorite Christmas show.  

He’s looking at us. Now he’s on the prowl. lol. 

IMG_8660.jpeg

IMG_8662.jpeg

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WithoutAClue said:

merryxmas.jpg

I just found out this morning that Jesus did not celebrate Christmas.  Shocked, I tell you.  Turns out his family celebrated this weird thing called Hanukkah.  So I guess they're both holy days.  Or holi-days, if you will.   

So in the vein of being all-inclusive......

Dear Washington Huskies,

Merry Holidays, Happy Christmas, and May God be with You.  Because nobody else on this Earth will be.  One week to you're completely and utterly fucked.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I have to admit, when LHN dies I will miss my Christmas tradition of turning over the channel to watch Bevo wander around in the cedar brush all day.  

It’s my favorite Christmas show.  

I finally recorded it this year.  I saw the SEC Yule Log show on the SEC channel - no contest.  Bevo will live on in my Plex.

Merry Christmas to the users of the best board out there, a place you can always check in to air it out, get insulted or just get your life scope zeroed in, whatever the topic. If we can’t pull it off, I hope you do. Even if you don’t, you’ve rocked the football world. Every seaon is measured by how long our teams are still in play for #1 and we both still are. Never give up, give in or give out. Roll on, Crimson Tide! Hook ‘em, Horns!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

well this fucking sucks
woke up with a 102.6 fever. Dad was here to visit, but he's old enough that IF it's COVID, he can't really be around me... so he's already booked his flight to go home today instead of tomorrow.
Hope y'all are having a much better Christmas than I am.
On bright side, daughter likes her Furby a lot
In spite of media hysteria, I've known several older people (including my grandparents and parents) who have gotten the 'rona more than a year ago and treated it like flu and are still around, no hospitals needed. Hope everything works out, sucks to be sick for the holidays.

6 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Merry Christmas 🎄 assholes! This community means so much to me and has helped me through a lot! Bunch of mother fuckers! I hope 2024 is your best year yet! 

I wore my dad’s (RIP dad 2005) tie last night for family holiday stuff. Enjoy your Christmas asswipes and asshats and assholes! 

IMG_8597.jpeg

image.gif.22657db20eb48c9ac70000c6f5afd543.gif

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Am home alone while Mrs. Brat is at church, and the solitude brings tears that are flowing for my grandson who left us in July, 2022. 
I miss him so much, especially this time of the year.

It never leaves you does it Brat? Whether in your case it is your grandson, or in my case, my daughter, that hole is always there.

On Christmas Eve perhaps it is the worst. The long night. The darkness. Perhaps one candle lit. The ache where your heart is supposed to be.

And yet, waking up on Christmas Day, the sun is up ... and perhaps, you feel that hope, the endless possibilities of the future. And you know... you know, you must surely go on filled with a greater resolve.

You find greater joy in our Longhorns being relevant. In the future.

You bastard Surlytian Assholes had better have given your kids a HUGE hug, kiss them on the cheek, tell them you love them. For one day ... they will leave you as surely they must. But until then, they are yours. They are the best parts of you.

Merry Christmas you Bastards!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Merry Christmas to all! Got to drive 6 hours to just make dinner for my father and my wife. Opened presents last night, watched The Christmas Story, drank some fine scotch, woke up and cooked lunch. Drove home this evening.

Thanks to the Surly. Glad to be here.

Oh, and fuck Dallas drivers. Worse than Audi's and Teslas on MOPAC.

• Like 1