Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

But.....but....I've been saving my rep points up like they was green stamps!

s-l1200.webp

Are you telling me that my rep points can't be redeemed for a panoply of fine consumer products??????

green-stamp-book-3-656x1024.jpg

green-stamp-book-4-1024x1011.jpg

Then....FUCK....I have a sad.

walking-sad.gif

Holy shit, are those Slorch stamps?  Pretty sure those score you some sweet boot straps...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

It has been this board’s shtick for 15+ years across different sites for alternating sides to worship stock market results as end-all be-all and the other side to wet their pants and be correct about saying the economy makes up more.

Why I have to break character and tell you assholes this in a cheerleading thread is unconscionable to the single greatest economic warrior that has ever breathed God’s air on this planet, Joe Biden.

d4eab769-cfc3-4e2f-9925-1413a8c04593_tex

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

It has been this board’s shtick for 15+ years across different sites for alternating sides to worship stock market results as end-all be-all and the other side to wet their pants and be correct about saying the economy makes up more.

Why I have to break character and tell you assholes this in a cheerleading thread is unconscionable to the single greatest economic warrior that has ever breathed God’s air on this planet, Joe Biden.

You are doing great, brother. I love your thread and get what you are doing.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Awww bullshit....don't be telling me you don't want to join THIS cocktail party:

green-stamp-book-15-666x1024.jpg

green-stamp-book-2-668x1024.jpg

And when you've had your fill of beverages served up by one of these saucy minxes, don't worry, relief is just around the corner....

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

When @BeardIP is on your side, you might want to reconsider some life choices.

jimmyjazz-- here is some cognitive dissonance for you, my favorite systems thinker-- I like you, too. Well, as much as anyone can like someone from St. Louis lol.

Just now, BeardIP said:

jimmyjazz-- here is some cognitive dissonance for you, my favorite systems thinker-- I like you, too. Well, as much as anyone can like someone from St. Louis lol.

Just born there, though.  Moved when I was 16 months old.  Wish I had stayed for the rest of my youth, though, so point taken.

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Just born there, though.  Moved when I was 16 months old.  Wish I had stayed for the rest of my youth, though, so point taken.

In 1904, the first Olympic Games to be held in the US began in St. Louis, Missouri.

I have a soft spot for the Midwest and it's people. Been to many of it's cities, and enjoyed them. Love the underdog mentality of flyover states. But St Louis kind of seems like it sucks. And the pizza is my least favorite favorite regional variety. Weird ass Govt cheese. Team Detroit Style. And fuck the Cards.

I mean, if you don't know what Provel is, don't criticize it.  It's essentially a blend of 4-5 legit cheeses, and not some Velveeta/American cheese knockoff.

Plus, fuck you.  With all due respect.

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:

I have a soft spot for the Midwest and it's people. Been to many of it's cities, and enjoyed them. Love the underdog mentality of flyover states. But St Louis kind of seems like it sucks. And the pizza is my least favorite favorite regional variety. Weird ass Govt cheese. Team Detroit Style. And fuck the Cards.

Was going to neg this post until the "Team Detroit Style. And fuck the Cards" portion. You live to see another day, my friend 

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

…and the union vote in Alabama’s Mercedes plant failed by just under 600 votes. 56% vote against

Fucking moron gumps

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I mean, if you don't know what Provel is, don't criticize it.  It's essentially a blend of 4-5 legit cheeses, and not some Velveeta/American cheese knockoff.

Spent the night in MO over the Christmas holiday, and I really wanted to over Imo's to finally try St. Louis Pizza, but the delivery time versus Pizza Hut was over an hour's difference.

I do regret my decision in the moment now

15 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Provel is worse than Cincinnati Chili. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Provel is worse than Cincinnati Chili. 

I remember looking it up, having never heard of it before the pizza thread or wherever it was.

Apparently, it is only available in the greater STL area.  That may say it all, right there.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

IMG_0445.thumb.jpeg.83dd29398b9cedb70aadc6448b82bc40.jpeg

The liquid smoke flavor. Mmmmmm

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

real men shop here

maybe it will get popular again once Biden makes jazz ciggies federally legal and they come in packs at the 7/11. 

Should be 10 miles per pack now because inflation. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

43 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

spacer.png

real men shop here

maybe it will get popular again once Biden makes jazz ciggies federally legal and they come in packs at the 7/11. 

Should be 10 miles per pack now because inflation. 

I had a friend that saved up for that jacket. I think it probably shaved off a few years of his life but it was a nice jacket.

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, F250 said:

I had a friend that saved up for that jacket. I think it probably shaved off a few years of his life but it was a nice jacket.

When I was a teenager I saved all of my Copenhagen tin lids because there’s nothing cooler than trading 10,000 lids for a pool table emblazoned with Copenhagen across the felt…

• Drool 3

37 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

When I was a teenager I saved all of my Copenhagen tin lids because there’s nothing cooler than trading 10,000 lids for a pool table emblazoned with Copenhagen across the felt…

God damn I miss Copenhagen.  Glad my jaw isn't falling off, but still miss it.

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

oh, so this is the part where demand goes down and so do prices? I mean, seriously, fucking Chili's is advertising it's cheaper to eat there than fast food. now let's see what happens with spending and the jobs market. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

oh, so this is the part where demand goes down and so do prices? I mean, seriously, fucking Chili's is advertising it's cheaper to eat there than fast food. now let's see what happens with spending and the jobs market. 

I will say that the consumers are partially to blame as well. Quit paying outrageous prices at Moody Center for both tickets and also concessions. You don’t have to do that shit. But people keep doing it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I will say that the consumers are partially to blame as well. Quit paying outrageous prices at Moody Center for both tickets and also concessions. You don’t have to do that shit. But people keep doing it. 

Yeah, that's the craziest thing about this, people bitch and bitch about prices, but don't seem to alter their spending behavior.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

No one finds it concerning that Target is having to lower prices because their middle class target shoppers are now shopping at Walmart?

I think a lot of people who are doing fine are burying their heads in the sand on this. Then again, go to any strip center on a weeknight and people are still eating out. The line at Chickfila or Raising Canes is always long. Why is a Coke at the Alamo Drafthouse now $8? It used to be $4 or $5. The margins are pretty tight right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I feel like Charles deMar lately.  Particularly since it took me 7 years to finish high school.  But the street value of this mountain, Laine!  

To TwiceHorn's point though...the people complaining don't understand that corporate price changes to drive revenue/stock buybacks coming out of (granted, legit) losses during Covid and a failure on many consumer's part to readjust their spending patterns.  Are both larger levers on pricing that just inflation/Fed policy.  

But if we don't copyright/trademark an "Oakley Edition" Ford F-250 by the end of this model year, despite this grueling economy, and sell them at the border...we're as fucking stupid as they are.  I mean, c'mon the fucking window stickers already exist.  We add on a little phone holder deal for their video rants that is co-sponsored by Truth Social.  We could have a suite and all tailgate paid for within just a few weeks.  

• Haha 1

Fast food lunch cost the same as a lunch buffet today. Since I am an optimist, with a great ass, I’ll assume you fat fucking idiots are addicted to preservatives and need help. A Granny Smith apple, navel orange, and one banana cost me less than 1.50 for my lunch today. In California. Where I ran 3 miles along the shoreline. Because none of you are me, and rich, beautiful Viking with long red hair- I pity all of you.

Also gold hit an all time high and that’s the second coin, the only physical one you can touch, that hit an all time high during his “hostile” presidency.

The word touch made me end this edging session. Congrats if you made it this far.

Lets Go Brandon.

image.thumb.png.c88c27956ff4015f097b2dbe6bf3eddb.png

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, that's the craziest thing about this, people bitch and bitch about prices, but don't seem to alter their spending behavior.

There is a school of thought that current interest rates are not too high. If they were too restrictive, people would stop spending so damn much, but the consumer doesn’t seem to be slowing down. Of course, it’s a bit more complicated and nuanced than that. Credit card debt is up. The last retail sales report was lower than expected. Blah blah. The answer is always “we’ll see”.